Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I got from this thread:

wwaaaaas wwwaaaaa I didnt get my epix :'( waaaaa weaaaaa waaaa

RNG is RNG. Get over it ffs.

Deleted
    I've never gone 12 coins in a row without loot, and I think it's not possible either.

At 10 coins you sit around almost guaranteed loot on the 11th coin.

In fact, in my case, I've always gotten loot on the 6th/7th coin.

Bad luck. Some of use heroic raiders are still waiting for specific trinkets because they never dropped in the last 8 months.
    As I said: bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled a duplicate on ordos 3 weeks in a row, think I'd prefer the gold... Still 6 bits of loot is a good bit of rng

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't have a link or anything and they never gave actual %s AFAIK, but I believe it's by boss, and your chance of getting loot goes up until you get some, then it resets. Base chance of loot in SoO is 25%.

Note that it isn't specific to a particular piece of gear, so you may get your chance reset because the shoulder dropped but actually you were after the trinket.
    The loot chance in soo is 15% afaik. Only T14/T15 have double, at 30% chance. Unless they recently upped it.

Only 4 hours? Sorry but people shouldn't just assume a single raid should deck them out, it's a little different now but it used to be possible to raid for a month without a piece of gear and its still possible to go 2-3 resets without gear if you're unlucky.

I think the reason people complain more about this is that pre-SoO the RNG was just as bad (if not worse without coins), BUT you were able to buy a piece of gear after 2-3 raids with VP. Sometimes more than 1.
    I still don't understand why they removed that? Well i do, means you have to play more and thus give them more money.

The funny thing is though i've played wow since beta and the only time ive ever seriously thought about quitting is with all the info about WoD (no flying, no more VP gear, more timeless isle like crap) coming out and making the game seems shitty.
    It pisses me off because ive loved pretty much everything they've done up to now, and although wildstar is fun it;s not wow.

It's like fox cancelling firefly... it hurtz man!

Personal loot sucks.

Though, usual loot system sucks too. For 6 months of farm I get no caster ring from Thok, both as normal drops and bonus rolls. I bet Blizzard's code has some wonderful fragments controlling what loot will drop due to raid participation, i.e. if you have no int mail users in raid, you'll be drown in int mail.

Deleted
    You are using your Coins on Flex bosses? I guess thats worth a Facepalm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I think the reason people complain more about this is that pre-SoO the RNG was just as bad (if not worse without coins), BUT you were able to buy a piece of gear after 2-3 raids with VP. Sometimes more than 1.
    I still don't understand why they removed that? Well i do, means you have to play more and thus give them more money.

The funny thing is though i've played wow since beta and the only time ive ever seriously thought about quitting is with all the info about WoD (no flying, no more VP gear, more timeless isle like crap) coming out and making the game seems shitty.
    It pisses me off because ive loved pretty much everything they've done up to now, and although wildstar is fun it;s not wow.

It's like fox cancelling firefly... it hurtz man!
    There's enough ways to get gear. Takes you about 20min to get fully decked in 496 (excluding the weapon). That's timeless isle only.

Then you have the options to buy 553 gear (which is cheap), and the 522 gear (which is expensive atm). You have the DM trinkets.

On top of that you have all the reduced cost gear at vendors for either justice or valor (you can buy 489/496 for justice).

I think there's sufficient ways to gear you character up in basic gear, which is all you need to get started.
    You can't expect the devs to give you loot even easier than it is now, because then they might aswell start selling it for €.

Blizzard statistics hard at work

1/60 chance for loot. Oh, you used a coin, 1/45 now! Keep going!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Personal loot sucks.

Though, usual loot system sucks too. For 6 months of farm I get no caster ring from Thok, both as normal drops and bonus rolls. I bet Blizzard's code has some wonderful fragments controlling what loot will drop due to raid participation, i.e. if you have no int mail users in raid, you'll be drown in int mail.
    The pieces that drop is completely random. I've done enough raids to confirm that drops don't depend on who you have in the group.

I've seen raids with no mail users dropping constant plate, or other way around, and same for other armor comps, it's completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Bad luck. Some of use heroic raiders are still waiting for specific trinkets because they never dropped in the last 8 months.
    As I said: bad luck.
    8 months? 10 man?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    at least you got repair money. remember the days when you didnt have extra rolls?
    You got 5g!

Question: when you don't get something for many weeks from a boss and you get an increased chance of loot the week after, are those chances separate on LFR / flex? Or, I run flex for 4 weeks, don't get loot, then run LFR on the 5th week and get a piece of loot from one of the boss because of my lack of luck in LFR?

Also, another issue Blizzard needs to solve immediately: duplicate items. I resubbed for a month and it ran out yesterday, and I'm not gonna bother joining until WoD now. But, after running shamans on LFR + Flex each week for the 4 weeks of my sub, usually doing shamans twice on flex to use 2 bonus rolls on them, I had the fucking necklace TWICE on flex, shoulders on flex, then in my last kill of my sub the shoulders again on LFR. Almost pulled a classic german kid nerd rage, as throughout the four weeks I needed none of these items, and to see the shoulders drop a second time on LFR when I already own the flex version pretty much sent me over the edge. Opened a ticket demanding the GM swap the item as their system is crap and the way duplicates can drop is pants on head retarded, but as per blizzard GMs, he fobbed me off and said he cant swap. Stupid system!
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to real raiding. It took me half a year to upgrade my normal ToT shield to the heroic Norushen one. Killing it every week, and Malkorok as well, using coins on both and nothing. Before that no luck in heroic ToT either, also using coins.

It's just bad luck ... How is this any different if you ran it anyway without the Bonus Drops 24 times?

Can only have 10 coins.. so 12 coins not possible(unless your grp allowed you too zone out and get more coins).. i call BS xD and why did you wait 4 weeks too use those coins?
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2014-05-12 at 10:50 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNGesus lives off tears of the downtrodden and unupgraded.....sneaky fact, gem and enchant a peice of gear as soon as you get it with the BiS gems and enchants and another will drop better than the old one in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Can only have 10 coins.. so 12 coins not possible(unless your grp allowed you too zone out and get more coins).. i call BS xD and why did you wait 12 weeks too use those coins?
    if your doing flex you queue between wings....you stand at the elder and turn in the quest when you run low on coins...like after wing 3, easy peasy
    Last edited by Dunefire; 2014-05-12 at 10:46 AM.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    RNGesus lives off tears of the downtrodden and unupgraded.....sneaky fact, gem and enchant a peice of gear as soon as you get it with the BiS gems and enchants and another will drop better than the old one in less than a week.

if your doing flex you queue between wings....you stand at the elder and turn in the quest when you run low on coins...like after wing 3, easy peasy
    question still remains why he waited 4-ish weeks too use all them coins

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz