Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    At a reasonable level of gear disparity a good player will beat a bad player regardless of that difference
    Last edited by Reverence; 2014-05-12 at 05:59 AM. Reason: change sentence

Mythic gear is better than HONOR gear. NOT CONQUEST.

Mythic does not launch until week 3 (and you won't get too far in the start), so it is very unlikely that mythic gear will have any impact in competitive pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    And high level PvP gear will beat LFR gear in PvE.

Neat huh?

Basically if you want to start trying something new you don't have to start right at the bottom of the gearing process.
    I think conquest will be better than normal raid gear. No solid evidence but since they said they want gears from pve and pvp to be viable in other areas (not optimal) so that is my hunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Mythic gear is better than HONOR gear. NOT CONQUEST.

Mythic does not launch until week 3 (and you won't get too far in the start), so it is very unlikely that mythic gear will have any impact in competitive pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

I think conquest will be better than normal raid gear. No solid evidence but since they said they want gears from pve and pvp to be viable in other areas (not optimal) so that is my hunch.
    If by normal you mean Flex (the new normal) yes if you meant heroic (the old normal) then I'd have to say that shouldn't be the case because anyone can get conquest gear not so much the same for normal(heroic in WoD) It'd probably be on par with flex gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    If by normal you mean Flex (the new normal) yes if you meant heroic (the old normal) then I'd have to say that shouldn't be the case because anyone can get conquest gear not so much the same for normal(heroic in WoD) It'd probably be on par with flex gear.
    I was referring to WoD normal (current flex). I think it will be around current prideful gear (between flex and normal). Of course it won't be better than heroic (current normal) loot.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-05-12 at 06:18 AM.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

You know, for random BGs and LFR I kind of wish they would do an optional flat gear scale.

No more - "Whaaa! The tank is undergeared!" in LFR or people whining about boosters, instead everyone gets a specific gear level set to complete the instance. Great for testing and comparative DPS between players and classes.

For PvP - all about skill now completely. Gives you a stronger learning environment since you know the guy who just kicked your butt didn't do so because they outgear you but because you have more to learn.

As said it would be all optional - so chances are for the PvE side Flex would be a better choice especially for guild masters interested in interviewing possible raiders who may otherwise be undergeared.

Doesn't remove gear progression, but does give a place to play on a level field to see who really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You know, for random BGs and LFR I kind of wish they would do an optional flat gear scale.

No more - "Whaaa! The tank is undergeared!" in LFR or people whining about boosters, instead everyone gets a specific gear level set to complete the instance. Great for testing and comparative DPS between players and classes.

For PvP - all about skill now completely. Gives you a stronger learning environment since you know the guy who just kicked your butt didn't do so because they outgear you but because you have more to learn.

As said it would be all optional - so chances are for the PvE side Flex would be a better choice especially for guild masters interested in interviewing possible raiders who may otherwise be undergeared.

Doesn't remove gear progression, but does give a place to play on a level field to see who really stands out.
    It is 100% possible to do LFR in bossted gear, so if they are really bad give them equal gear they will still be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I'm wondering where OP's pve counterpart is to complain about conq gear being more powerful in pve than lfr gear.
    I would be perfectly fine with lfr gear being about as good as conquest gear in world pvp, since they require same skill lvl to acquire. Everybody that wants to get full conquest gear can get that with a bare minimum of effort, just like everybody that want to get full lfr, can do that (with a bit of rng).
    In instanced pvp i'm fine with conquest being the best, due to those being serious about that, and only doing pvp.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

In LFR you need to satisfy minimum ilvl requirements.
    In WoD pvp you will be scaled to minimum ilvl even if your gear is rubbish.

So pretty much minimum playing field I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I think itll be the other way around actualy, PvP gear will be scalled up on instanced PvP (I remeber somethign about a higher gear lv for PvP gear on instanced PvP) but I might be wrong.
    No, you're right; Pvp Gear scales up in PvP but mythic gear specifically will be scaling down in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Mythic gear will scale down in pvp so it won't be better than conquest gear... If you are going to complain about something, the least you could do is be informed about it.
    This, he says honor gear, not conquest gear. (though we are supposed to have 3 sets of pvp gear, like pve)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

In LFR you need to satisfy minimum ilvl requirements.
    In WoD pvp you will be scaled to minimum ilvl even if your gear is rubbish.

So pretty much minimum playing field I would say.
    You're not quite getting it.

I know that they have minimums and that they'll have a minimum scaling for PvP as well and that you can totally complete SoO up through I think it's Gates while in boosted with no upgrades.

What I'm talking about is something closer to challenge modes except rather than even scaling you get a specific set of stats upon entering a BG or OPTIONAL Flex or LFR group.

Everything normalized and equalized between characters and classes, like stock car racing. Totally remove gear from the equation, still have rewards of course but you cannot under or over-gear the instance.

So in PvP you'd step into a BG where everyone is the same, you succeed it's because you know your classes well to play yourself, know whom to target and what to do.

In PvE you can now really tell how you're doing compared to a member of the same class that might otherwise outgear you, you can see just how much DPS difference on specific fights and overall between classes, roles and melee vs ranged.

It would give a more accurate measure of the game and definitely be a better measure of how specific classes are doing over sims or trying to see how you fit compared to rankings.

Deleted
    God! mytic raiders are 1% of the playerbase... its not like thier gonna kill you every time you try to gear a alt... you will still be stronger in conquest gear...

Conquest > Mythic > Honor in pvp is what the blue said. So PvP > PvE in instance pvp.

You're not quite getting it.

I know that they have minimums and that they'll have a minimum scaling for PvP as well and that you can totally complete SoO up through I think it's Gates while in boosted with no upgrades.

What I'm talking about is something closer to challenge modes except rather than even scaling you get a specific set of stats upon entering a BG or OPTIONAL Flex or LFR group.

Everything normalized and equalized between characters and classes, like stock car racing. Totally remove gear from the equation, still have rewards of course but you cannot under or over-gear the instance.

So in PvP you'd step into a BG where everyone is the same, you succeed it's because you know your classes well to play yourself, know whom to target and what to do.

In PvE you can now really tell how you're doing compared to a member of the same class that might otherwise outgear you, you can see just how much DPS difference on specific fights and overall between classes, roles and melee vs ranged.

It would give a more accurate measure of the game and definitely be a better measure of how specific classes are doing over sims or trying to see how you fit compared to rankings.
    Well although I do support normalized gear, it probably won't happen because for lots of people gear is what keeps them playing the game. They said honor and conquest gap would be smaller than current level so it would be less of a problem.

For PVE I don't see any issue with overgearing content. If you have better gear than what it drops then stuff should be trivial.

It'll be better than Honor, worse than Conquest.

Considering less than 10% of players have even cleared Heroic Immerseus, and who knows how many of them PVP... it's not going to be a big problem. Fully Mythic geared players will be rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rehabveteran View Post
    Conquest > Mythic > Honor in pvp is what the blue said. So PvP > PvE in instance pvp.
    Also world PVP. Same rules for both now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well although I do support normalized gear, it probably won't happen because for lots of people gear is what keeps them playing the game. They said honor and conquest gap would be smaller than current level so it would be less of a problem.

For PVE I don't see any issue with overgearing content. If you have better gear than what it drops then stuff should be trivial.
    Well that's why I said optional. :-)

And I don't see any issues with overgearing content, getting a helping hand from friends who are overgeared or working towards having the best gear for PvE or PvP and enjoying all that comes with having done so.

Rather I'd see this as a completely optional mode that would offer currency towards either cosmetic items or gear for PvP/PvE, the modes would probably be used by only the most hard-core PvPers (though I think most/many PvPers already commit to this function through Arena and MMR) as well as it would be used by probably the most hard-core raiders to show off who had the best team.

Think about it like this, every world first while backed up by skill is also backed up by a lot of RNG. If a guild got lucky and was able to funnel a lot of gear to specific key players that are able to especially make the last heroic/mythic boss easier then they have a significant advantage over the other guilds and may have bought themselves several lockouts of a lead.

Now imagine if they had a normalized heroic or mythic.

It makes raiding a much more competitive sport. You know what each person has, how many items they have, what trinkets they have. Sure RNG will still play a part on the combat table and maybe in other areas too, but it levels that playing field and gives much more cache to the players themselves. It drills down on how well the raiders would perform as a team.

It also would make streaming and casting of raids much more interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    So PvE gear will yet again be overall better?

You have to get your gear activated to be equal to PvE gear right?

So PvP gear is weaker in PvE, but on par in PvP.

PvE gear is just good everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That will probably make Blizzard revert PvP gear to pre-MoP era item level budgets, where PvP stats would take part of the budget, making PvP gear even more inferior.
    If they did that they'd have to make PvP gear higher item level as it used to be. Which wouldn't make pvp gear inferior. That old system was fine anyway, there was no need to change it. At the very most they could have just increased resil and pvp power on gear and reduced pve specific stats and made pvp stats stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForge View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/461316609617846272

so much for PVP gear being better than PVE gear looks like there already going back on there word of pvp gear being good
    reported for misleading title.