Poll: What would you want?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    perfect health for me and my family and no worries financially for me and my family from now until the end of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd take the superpower to be super intelligent and and permanent physical peak. I'd just obviously pretend to sell my morality.

WIN!
    oh how moral of you, lying about selling your morality

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Superpowers obviously.
    Unless it were a shitty one like aquaman's, then hell no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Superpowers obviously.
    Unless it were a shitty one like aquaman's, then hell no.
    you should read up on aquaman, you wouldn´t say this if you knew his powers
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I wouldn't sell my morality for anyone or anything. That's kind of the point of having it. Honor, integrity and principle are meaningless if you're willing to sell them out.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    What morality?

I would do it for Immunity from said crimes and lots of money and superpowers.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Who am I fighting? Why am I fighting them? Is there a chance I'll be hurt myself? How long would I have to be doing this for?

Given the phrasing of the question, I'm lead to believe that I wouldn't be under duress or pressure. These people would just approach me at random and ask me to kill for them, promising rewards in return. In that case, the answer would be no. I wouldn't sell myself.

As subjective creatures, it's far too easy for us to reason away extinguishing another individual's life. Then again, we have to abstract from it. We can't spend all day wondering what the loves, losses, dreams and imperfections of everyone we pass in the street are. When wondering about a question like this, though, we kind of have to.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make me super hero please

10+ Year Old Account
    The power of a thousand suns, obviously.

Superpowers, obviously.
    If I have superpowers AND no morals, what's to stop me from turning on the people attempting to coerce me into murder, murder them, and then continue on with my life as if nothing happened? Psychopaths get by as ordinary people, after all.

For a job so i can make life again

10+ Year Old Account
    Powerful people asking others to fight for them?
    That sounds a bit like the armed forces of any country, doesn't it?
    I voted for "Saving a loved ones life"
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

If Immortality is under the super-natural category, I'd go with that.

Deleted
    My morality would go for pretty cheap, but fighting (presumably) a dangerous fight against some unknown force where I could get killed or crippled for life? No thanks. The morality part is no problem, but huffing and puffing while crawling in the mud trying to kung-fu-kick aliens in the testicles sounds like a pain in the ass.
    Anyway, if I couldn't get into harm, I'd throw out my 'morals' for money. Depending on the 'stuff' I have to do, between a few grand and a couple a million.

Deleted
    The fact that only roughly 20% of the people decided NOT to sell their morality, pretty much correlates with the decline of the quality of 99% of the posts.
    Then again, who am I do set a standard for the average?

Dignity in an empty sack is worth a sack!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Basically anything on that poll, and other for legal protection, but that would have to be in combination with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    The fact that only roughly 20% of the people decided NOT to sell their morality, pretty much correlates with the decline of the quality of 99% of the posts.
    Then again, who am I do set a standard for the average?
    I think most people make the distinction between 'having morality' and 'being a moral person.'
    At least that was the case for me; I can be a completely moral person without having an instinct to be moral. Purely out of reason. Most of the world's psychopaths pull it off with little effort, so why wouldn't I be able to?

The situation where your end of the deal is pretty much to kill lots of innocent people is easily circumvented by the suddenly possessed superpowers (coupled with having no incentive to keep your word). By then killing off the few people you struck a deal with, you're essentially saving thousands on innocent lives. Which, for a person who does not have any morality, but instead uses cold logic, is pretty much a 'win' situation.
    As long as those people are allowed to continue making such deals, the lives of thousands of people will be forfeit. Better to stab them in the back, and end it, saving all of those innocent people.