10+ Year Old Account

Question iPhone - GPS always active

Hi,

In the last few days, the GPS on my GF's iPhone 4, iOS v7.1.1, the GPS have become constant active, and we can't find anywhere to turn it off.

It's NOT an app, using it, as it's active when all apps are closed, even immediately after off/on-cycle..
    It's NOT a 'Find my iPhone' issue, as we haven't used that feature for months..

As seen, the GPS-arrow is not solid. Don't know if that matters..

Any ideas, how to get rid of it?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

the NSA is following you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off Location Services. It should be somewhere in the menu, haven't used an iPhone in a while so I forget where exactly.

Could it be that you have created a location based Task / reminder?
    You can create a task / reminder that will remind you when you arrive or leave a specific location. If you have created it, GPS will always stay on standby.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services
    or
    Settings> General>Restrictions>Scroll down to Privacy: Location Services

You can either turn it off completely, or turn it off for any of the individual apps listed, I'd suggest turning them off one by one first. There's an outlined location services icon, and an alarm, I'd assume that it's most likely something in the Reminders app, but something else is possible.

If that doesn't work, then it might be a problem with the recent update for the iPhone 4 models, or the GPS on the phone is just broken. I'm using a 5s with 7.1.1 and everything has been good so far.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-05-12 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
    Could it be that you have created a location based Task / reminder?
    You can create a task / reminder that will remind you when you arrive or leave a specific location. If you have created it, GPS will always stay on standby.
    Bingo.. :-)

It was a declined call, which had made an entry in the notes..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/