Poll: Poll

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Collegeguy, considering you can make a lot of tasty food off beans, use soy in very creative ways, or just make eggs daily for breakfast.
    Not that hard to do tbh.
    No nutritunal supliments needed. Maybe children below age 3 since they need some other amino acids and I don't know exactly what contains them.

In the end you'd have to change "meat" into "beans/soy". Not that big a change. Would be forced to learn new recepies.

-Note, not vegetarian since meat is fucking tasty. I am thinking about dropping to a diet of meat twice a week as an aside (mostly to make my geologica footprint smaller).

Edit:
    You actually already do live your life by a dedicated shopinglist.
    "Meat or I die", I'm just trying to point out it's not true.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to have some meatfree meals from time to time but it is very unhealthy to have a diet without meat. The replacement products for a meatfree diet aren't healthy and will lead to serious health problems. Some may try to explain now that it works and I will agree with them in some points but the sole reason that you have to take "replacement products" when you don't eat meat are already proof enough that it is against our nature and unhealthy for a human being.

And to all those rose tinted do-gooder for going vegetarian or even worse vegan because they don't want to harm animals... as long as other "animals" eat meat and the human being hasn't evolved into a herbivore life form it is nonsense to torture your body with pills and an unhealthy diet.

I don't want to attack anyone with this post and I respect the choices everyone makes for himself but that has to be said.

Yes, I've even considered it. I do like meat but I also love veggie foods and I have many vegetarian and vegan friends who cook the most delicious meals and have given me some great recipes.

No.

Everyday I live, a chicken must die...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could i survive..yes...would i want to live w/o bacon...HELL NO!!!!

Just had Venison last night from a road Kill...Well not road kill, but one got hit by a semi and Me and my father were driving by and saw the semi and a bunch of people clustered. She was bad and needed to put out of her misery, upside was we got to keep the carcass, 170# of venison in the freezer last fall.
    Last edited by Dunefire; 2014-05-12 at 10:51 AM.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I could, but I'd have to eat vegetarian food with certain added nutrients from meat or supplement my diet with pills containing said nutrients. So while I might be able to live without directly eating meat, animals would have to die for me to get everything my body needs like Zinc, CoQ10 and Vitamin B12.

So could I survive without eating meat? yes. Could I survive on a diet that didn't cost the life of any animals? No, and neither could anyone else.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    I like to have some meatfree meals from time to time but it is very unhealthy to have a diet without meat. The replacement products for a meatfree diet aren't healthy and will lead to serious health problems. Some may try to explain now that it works and I will agree with them in some points but the sole reason that you have to take "replacement products" when you don't eat meat are already proof enough that it is against our nature and unhealthy for a human being.

And to all those rose tinted do-gooder for going vegetarian or even worse vegan because they don't want to harm animals... as long as other "animals" eat meat and the human being hasn't evolved into a herbivore life form it is nonsense to torture your body with pills and an unhealthy diet.

I don't want to attack anyone with this post and I respect the choices everyone makes for himself but that has to be said.
    And I'll again calmly inform someone in this thread that this is factually false.
    You can get all the essential nutritiunal substances you get from meat without eating meat. Beans or soy as I mentioned. Or eggs.
    Saying you can't is making yourself a diservice and make you look wilfully missinformed.

Yes, some vitamins/minerals are scarcer outside of the animal meals but generally exist in product (milk for instance). Iron, Zink, Magnesium can be annoying to find outside but can be found.

Reason I never advocate veganism since you can't take an egg and a glass of milk to cover stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    Yes.
    If you also include Fish and Chicken under "meat" - than still yes, but it will be harder
    How would Fish or Chicken not be meat.... Wat.

I could live without meat, if it was forced upon me. Would I ever choose to live without meat? not fucking likely.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted

Mmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    -Note, not vegetarian since meat is fucking tasty. I am thinking about dropping to a diet of meat twice a week as an aside (mostly to make my geologica footprint smaller).
    It's very do-able, especially if as you mentioned you're familiar with how to make other things tasty. I probably do about 2 days each week without meat. It's not something I plan specifically, so I might have 2 vegetarian meals, and 1 meat meal, or whatever. The thing I try to do is limit the portion size of any meat to 3-4 oz (85-115g) in any given serving. That's plenty of protein, unless I've been working out more than usual, in which case I make up the protein other ways.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Personally, no. Not literally of course, but what is a life without meat? No more bacon sandwiches, chicken pasta, steak... Let's hope the day never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post

In the end you'd have to change "meat" into "beans/soy". Not that big a change. Would be forced to learn new recepies.

If your geological footprint is what you care about, you really should start substituting 'soy' with 'grass-fed beef/mutton.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    As the title says. Can you cope with no longer being able to eat meat and having to eat vegetables, fruits, and etc only?
    It would depend on why I would have to give up meat.

I wouldn't give up meat without a really good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could, yes. Want, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No, I love meat

Deleted
    Never, I like meat to much.

I was actually wondering the other day, if all the animals died out how long would it take before I started to eat the vegetarians

Deleted
    No, I would kill myself. I'm a goddamn carnivore and I require my pre-killed bacon to keep on living.

Well it is not that hard... I am living without meat, fish and eggs for almost 25 years now :-)
    No problems there at all.

So much no, bacon is life........