Deleted

Crit BRM Help needed

Hey guy, I swapped my monk from mastery to crit recently and Im finding that it feels like Im taking significantly more damage that I should be. Im spiking like crazy and constantly dropping low. I cant seem to generate enough elusive brew stack to keep it up as much as Id like either.

I play all of the tank classes and I think I take the most damage as a monk and it just feels wrong, am I doing something wrong? I keep up shuffle, use EB whenever I can, grab my orbs when Im low and use EH whenever Ive taken damage. I dont have logs to show, but is there something wrong with my gearing or is it just that my gear just isnt good enough yet?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...egeddon/simple

This seems pretty cut and dry.

Mastery/survivability build: you were durable, smooth damage intake.

DPS, no survivability build: you're squishy, burst damage intake.

Absent any other information, this seems like your issue.

For specifics, no one can help you without logs. Posters are notorious for misremembering/misrepresenting how they play and what they do. We have no idea if you really keep up shuffle, use Elusive Brew when actively tanking the boss, use Guard intelligently, etc.

If you are taking too much damage, 9/10 times its because of shuffle. Shuffle is very easy to let fall off w/o you noticing. Shuffle is easy to keep up during your patchwork style of fights where you just stand there and spam chi builders and blackout kick, but on fights like iron juggernaut where you are running all over the place getting mines and then tank swapping, was shuffle really still up when you taunted?? If you search these forums to find the threads where other monks are asking for help, almost all of the claim they are keeping shuffle up 100% of the time, and when we look at the logs, shuffle is typically anywhere between 40%-70% uptime.

Gear:
    You are over the hit cap. You only need 7.5% or 2550 rating
    Curse of Hubris is terrible, almost any other trinket would be better for both DPS and survivability. Try to aim for Haromm's Talisman and Ticking Ebon Detonator as your 2 trinkets
    Don't go out of your way to get socket bonuses. Agility does very little for BrM, it's crit amount is a pittance and the AP is dwarfed by Vengeance.

Play:
    It's impossible to give an direct assessment without logs. That said, when using a crit build, your active mitigation becomes far more important.

Keep a sharp eye on your Shuffle and always have it up when tanking anything.
    Use EB when you taunt to help soften that transition, and keep up up as much as you can while tanking.
    Learn the damage patterns of a fight so you can use minor cooldowns like Guard and Dampen/Diffuse at the most opportune time in order to reduce spikes.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crit build isn't for survivability, its for DPS to help with checks. When you switched out of Mastery you gave up most of your stagger mitigation. If you're taking too much damage then go back to Mastery, if you need the DPS then your healers will just have to suck it up.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch