Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Have all 5 healers at 90.

Easiest: Paladin. By far. Also my favorite healer so it's not like I'm biased.

Hardest: Druid. You can do a lot with a druid, but it also takes a lot of awareness and timing to pull off. You also need to be pro-active rather than reactive with your heals, which is much harder to do.
    so you play all 5 classes @ the same lvl? lets say 2200+ which acutally qualifies you to talk about balance.

Every healer is easy to learn if you already know how to play any healer class. All healers have AoE heals, things that need to be used on cooldown, cooldowns, cheap small heals, fast mana expensive heals and big massive heals. Most have some sort of HoTs, tank cooldowns and some can even dps a bit.

But playstyles change a bit between every class and there's on class that can get away with only 6 buttons for everything between MSV LFR and Garrosh normal (I guess maybe heroic too if it's on farm?) and that is disc priest. I have 3 accounts and 3 of every class, most at 90, and on my 3 disc priests I use Penance, Holy Fire, Mindbender, Smite, Divine Star and Archangel. If I'm feeling reeeeeeaaaaaaaally lazy I'll use a macro that uses everything on cooldown and spams smite in the meanwhile.

The problem here is that everyone has their own understand of "easiest to learn". If we're going purely on how difficult it is to get to a point where you're able to output effective healing, here is my list from hardest to easiest (Haven't healed with paladin):

Monk - Quite alien to me at first; the unique healing style made it a little more challenging to pick up.
    Priest (holy) - Admittedly some find it easier than I did. Maybe I struggled more because of being so used to disc.
    Priest (disc) - Not very difficult honestly. Penance, shield, PoM, flash heal (4s bonus after PoM), repeat.
    Druid - Hots and profit? Use swiftmend and casts when it gets rough.
    Shaman - Drop totem, riptide, spam casts, profit.

None of these are actually difficult though. Not at all.

I think being effective in PvP is a different list and probably subsequent to the first in terms of progression of skill. Once you have got the basics:

Priest (holy) - A decent priest will be able to use chakras in PvP properly which makes it more tricky. Also you can just spam heals and profit. I feel slightly biased though, lol.
    Shaman - Shamans get locked down quite easily so when you're focused you can just spam as normal. Healing stream does make this easier though.
    Druid - Many of the heals are instants and druids are quite mobile. They also have good control which is easy to land.
    Priest (disc) - I just found this relatively easy. I think I was just meant for disc, lol. Casting penance on the move, creating massive aegises with aura mastery flash heals after PoM 4s bonus. Instant shield. Etc.
    Monk - Incredibly mobile. Ring of everything. Instant cc. Go figure.

Shaman and holy priest are at the top, but still neither are difficult at all.

See, it's after this tier that things start getting really tricky, because with priests landing fears -- Which is OP and easy as hell at low rating -- becomes difficult to land. Your shields get dispelled, etc. With shamans people start killing totems. With druids people start swapping properly to avoid HoTs. With monks... Well, it's still more or less the same.

So I'm going to say overall monks are the easiest and further than that a list can't be created. The rest of the healers have a high skill cap which is not mastering the basics, but your positioning, use of globals, making good choices, etc. It's just that monks are more difficult to focus on as dps, whether their actually healing output is better or not, it is still easier to play. This is not to say monks are played by dummies; the difference between monks and other classes is quite marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    so you play all 5 classes @ the same lvl? lets say 2200+ which acutally qualifies you to talk about balance.
    OT: Is there anyone who plays all healer specs at 2200+? Just genuinely interested. I can play some at that level, but all of them, in the same season?? That's an interesting challenge, for sure. Seems pretty involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    OT: Is there anyone who plays all healer specs at 2200+? Just genuinely interested. I can play some at that level, but all of them, in the same season?? That's an interesting challenge, for sure. Seems pretty involved.
    Probably. I have a few friends that have at least 2 or 3 and play at a decent level and I'm sure if you put in enough effort you'd be able to, but I don't know anyone who plays all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I know Cdew has been 2200+ on all healers, but don't think it was at the same time. Other than him, can't think of any big name players that have.

But even there, Cdew was 2200+, but he was playing with all the same people, he was just on a different class himself. It kind of loses something to me in that situation, because it's not hard to play with Snutz/Venruki and run any healer to 2200+, so it has little meaning.

But yes, if you played with the same group of people it would probably work most of the time. You could do Mage/War/X to 2200+, so if you found a 2400+ Mage/Warrior you could easily get 2200+ with any healer with them, assuming you're a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    Lol, qualified!

I got 2.2k rating a few weeks ago, do I get a certificate for my qualification and sudden expertise in balance? Btw this was 2.2k rating in 2v2, so I suppose I need 2.2k rating in 3v3 and rated bg in order to be qualified talk about balance in those brackets.