Prot pally, best time to gem haste?

With WoD on the horizon I decided to boost a pally to 90. I am a inexperienced paladin and have a few questions to
    Who knows the class better than I. I am around 520 Item Lvl gemed for straight Stamina until I figure out the best route to go. All help is greatly appreciated !
    T

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Riinzler/simple

Link to my armory

Deleted
    I usually gem my haste in my around noon, however sometimes I wait until midnight.

Jokes aside, it depends on how well you play your class and what content you are doing. Even so you should gem haste pretty much always. So far you have done halfways through flex, the stamina you get from gear is way more than enough for that so you should have no issues gemming haste.

I'm trying to get tanking too. In fact since I leveled my pally as ret and holy, I am currently healing SoO trying to get a tanking set cobbled together. From what I have gathered from creeping these forums and reading the sticky, you want to treat haste much the same as hit/exp. you essentially need to hit 21250 haste. After that you can focus on stam or mastery, I think I will try to go mastery myself.

But look around for yourself, I don't want to mislead you in anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurk View Post
    I'm trying to get tanking too. In fact since I leveled my pally as ret and holy, I am currently healing SoO trying to get a tanking set cobbled together. From what I have gathered from creeping these forums and reading the sticky, you want to treat haste much the same as hit/exp. you essentially need to hit 21250 haste. After that you can focus on stam or mastery, I think I will try to go mastery myself.

But look around for yourself, I don't want to mislead you in anyway.
    Don't treat 21250 haste as something you *have* to hit. It's a breakpoint for the stat in the sense that haste loses a lot of effectiveness from thereon out, but barring 570+ iLvls, you will never realistically achieve 21250 haste.

And never, ever go stam past 21250 haste. If you can hit 21250 haste, you already overgear content by a shit-ton and don't need any more HP. You'll have almost 1 mil unbuffed HP if you can hit 21250 haste - why on earth would you want any more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Don't treat 21250 haste as something you *have* to hit. It's a breakpoint for the stat in the sense that haste loses a lot of effectiveness from thereon out, but barring 570+ iLvls, you will never realistically achieve 21250 haste.

And never, ever go stam past 21250 haste. If you can hit 21250 haste, you already overgear content by a shit-ton and don't need any more HP. You'll have almost 1 mil unbuffed HP if you can hit 21250 haste - why on earth would you want any more than that?
    Would you go after ret gear in flex raid modes to help with mastery and haste?
    I've seen ppl say that. But wasn't sure if it's correct
    I sit around 650k all haste gem'd and constantly get "I'm to low,
    Yet with my active mitigation I seem to be easy to heal. So I went straight Stam until I was thinking 535 Ilvl to help with the lack of Stam?

Thanks for all the help and replies

Except for celestials and a few choice weapon/shield/trinkets, you should always have ret as your loot spec.

Prot Pallies are some of the easiest tanks to heal if you do it right, so focus on your 'Ret' gear and get that 4 piece with as much Haste as you can, that will make you even easier to heal and personally heal even more. If you really need Stam you're probably better off swapping in a trinket for it, rather than gemming for it or sacrificing any good Enchants for it, as I can pretty much guarantee your deaths are going to be nothing to do with your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post

Right on, like I said I'm new to the prot gearing, and I don't even have a set yet myself. Thanks for the info though man!