10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else miss the old Hammer of Wrath effect?

I don't know why they got rid of it, I just keep thinking about how nice it was and now it's just the same as judgement only red.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about?
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Before they changed it to a simple judgement like effect you used to actually have a golden glowing hammer that you would chuck at your target from your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Before they changed it to a simple judgement like effect you used to actually have a golden glowing hammer that you would chuck at your target from your hand.
    mine has always been a little silver hammer. And I still have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    mine has always been a little silver hammer. And I still have that.
    Maybe here is the answer: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1252366240

Erm... you do know that until 4.0, which came out a little over a month ago, we still had Judgment of Justice? Which is a red hammer?
    Is that what was happening? I thought something was weird. Why did they use the judgment of justice animation for hammer of wrath?
    Part of the reason no one made a big fuss over it was because no one had noticed it changed, really. Originally, when the hammer struck a target, it used a modified Smite animation when the target was hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwgsjbDFdQ (fast forward a bit)

Now, instead of that holy FWAP at the end, it modifies it so a gigantic red Judgment hammer bonks them on the head, or yeah, the red Judgment of Justice animation from Wrath. Guess they wanted to keep the different colored hammers in somehow. Never was a fan of it though, I liked how direct the Vanilla effect was.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't know why they got rid of it, I just keep thinking about how nice it was and now it's just the same as judgement only red.
    Also used to have a cast time, miss that too.
    Oh well i can always spec repentance or the other thing in that tier that might as well be three FoJs.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also used to have a cast time, miss that too.
    Oh well i can always spec repentance or the other thing in that tier that might as well be three FoJs.
    Ya miss that cast time and reset swing which made hammer 100% useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just prefer the old big glowing golden hammer that made a little explosion when it hit the target as opposed to throwing a little silver hammer that suddenly turns to a odd red hammer overhead.

I missed when it had 50% change to crit. =<

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck I'd probably be happier if they just got rid of the silly judgement effect, that I chuck a little silver hammer at my target's chest then suddenly it turns into a big red hammer overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    That's from 2010. Also, I thought this was for Hammer of Wrath. Everyone seems to be talking about Judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    That's from 2010. Also, I thought this was for Hammer of Wrath. Everyone seems to be talking about Judgement.
    The thread title clearly says: Anyone else miss the old Hammer of Wrath effect?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ