new monitor 2 dead pixels...

anyone know how i can try to fix them before returning it. I have the absolute work luck with monitors.

A quick google and here is the best result I could find. Sorry I could not be of more help.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/com...monitor-598484

I normally just return it and get a new one sent out as all the monitors I have seen come with AT LEAST a 30-day warranty

Deleted
    Return it before you start "fixing" it. As soon as you touch it they will pull their warranty back. If it's broken then simply return it.

Quote Originally Posted by HLKazzak View Post
    A quick google and here is the best result I could find. Sorry I could not be of more help.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/com...monitor-598484

I normally just return it and get a new one sent out as all the monitors I have seen come with AT LEAST a 30-day warranty
    Yea i checked google. was looking for possibly some experienced advice. I'll see what I can do and if not i'll return it tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the type of dead pixel.

Is it dead as in black? Basically fully dead.

Is it dead sub pixel, where it looks stuck on an RGB color.

Or is it a lazy pixel where it's just stuck on a random color.
    Lazy pixels you can fix, the other above you can't.

If you can warranty / RMA it, do that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Depends on the type of dead pixel.

Is it dead as in black? Basically fully dead.

Is it dead sub pixel, where it looks stuck on an RGB color.

Or is it a lazy pixel where it's just stuck on a random color.
    Lazy pixels you can fix, the other above you can't.

If you can warranty / RMA it, do that first.
    They look red, but its hard to see because they are small.

- - - Updated - - -

yea they are red i just ran a test and they didn't show up with the red screen

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still go with the tiny less hassle of warranty machine.

Deleted
    There is a difference between 'dead' pixels & 'stuck' pixels. If they are dead, it can't be fixed and it has to be returned. Most manufacturers only replace monitors from a certain amount of dead pixels. Like 5+ or 10+, unless you took an extra 'pixel warranty'.

However if they are merely 'stuck' on a certain color. You can try a few things.
    *One that worked for me in the past was to gently push physically on your screen with a finger directly onto the stuck pixel.
    *Find a gif image that rapidly pulses different colors and place it over the pixel.
    *Other methods can be easily found by googling 'release stuck pixel'

If it's new, it's probably under warranty. Trying to "fix" it will possibly void the warranty. Before you do anything, I'd see what you can do about getting it replaced. Dead pixels can usually justify an RMA.

Last RMA I had to do on a monitor was very painless. I spent about 20-30 minutes on the phone with HP (had to wait on hold quite a bit), but they overnight shipped me a new one with a prepaid shipping label for sending the old one back to them. Depends on the manufacturer and/or where you bought the monitor, but most of them will work that way.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-05-13 at 01:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pixels getting stuck is a common thing. I just caught this 2 day old post, but heres a easy trick that has always worked for me.

Take a pen, using the capped end or plunger, tap it softly (tap not piledrive it) the pixel until it returns to normal, this can take 10-40 taps, depending on how long it has been stuck.

I have used this method for years and it has always worked, sometimes you just have to tap it alot, it should straighten out though.

They are stuck because they aren't showing up on a red screen. So they are red stuck pixels. I'm really trying to work it out with this monitor. Oddly enough it's been the biggest problem out of building a comp.