Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Darksiders 'Is Not Dead,' Says Creative Director

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ative-director
    "Darksiders still has a future, according to creative director Joe Madureira, but his involvement in sequels remains uncertain.

"[Darksiders] is not dead!" Madureira said on on Facebook. "The new owner, Nordic seems very committed to continuing the series. As far as my involvement, I can't say at this point. Hopefully we will all have exciting news about the franchise soon!"

Awesome XD enjoyed Darksiders 2 my first play through
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Praise the gaming lords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play as Fury damnit. Death by fiery whip, yes please.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never beat the first one, but the second one was pretty good. It wasn't some amazing 10/10 game, but it was decent for an rpg.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

First one was awesome, 2nd one not so much. I felt like they tried to do too much in the 2nd and seeing as how they were having resource issues, it somewhat failed. Games are good nonetheless, definitely deserve more sequels.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Played both, but especially enjoyed the 2nd . Death was quite a cool character to play as.

I want to play as Death again, but I know that won't happen until we play as the last two of them, if they continue with the original plan

- - - Updated - - -

This is good news though, very good news
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

I can't wait for Darksiders 3 and 4. Hope they will combine more elements like they did in DS 2 and not just mindless hacking as in DS1
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

I saw Dark and was immediately sad when it wasn't Darkstalkers. Dunno why Capcom is wondering why there's a lack of interest for the compilation that just came out when the last three Darkstalker game releases have been compilations.

Good to know. I remember reading their original plan for the 3rd one would be a sequel to the first instead of a prequel/paralogue like the second, and it would work like Borderlands with the 4 riders.

I, like pretty much everybody else, have no idea what Nordic has planned, but I wouldn't mind a little less RPG-ness (but I did like the leveling and abilities). I just wanna see how they'll handle Fury and Strife. Also, I'm itching for closure to the story.

Good news to me! Hope we actually see something from it.

I kinda want the story of strife and/or fury, before we go back to earth with the whole 4 riders thing. But on the other hand, playing with 3 of your friends borderlands style would be sweet as dicks too.

I just hope the pc port will be good this time. I still have nightmares over some of the stuff of darksiders 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get your hopes up.
    Nordic only owns the franchise. Vigil Games has dissolved and developers were scattered across different studios.
    Now, I'm not saying the third game will be worse (that IF it's ever made), but it will be made almost entirely different people.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Gods, I loved those games. I don't know why everyone complains about the second Darksiders, when comparing it to the first. I enjoyed the second much more.

Anyways, hoping this one will be good, but I don't have my expectations way too high. After all, completely different developers.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn hope so

I think I'm only person who liked Darksiders 2 =/

OT

\o/

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Gods, I loved those games. I don't know why everyone complains about the second Darksiders, when comparing it to the first. I enjoyed the second much more.

Anyways, hoping this one will be good, but I don't have my expectations way too high. After all, completely different developers.
    The second game was waayyyyyy too long, too much: go and find three keys, go find three npc, go find this three places, go and activate this three doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    The second game was waayyyyyy too long, too much: go and find three keys, go find three npc, go find this three places, go and activate this three doors.
    Yeah. It was good at its core, but they dragged things on more than a bit too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to play as the last two Horsemen. I loved Darksiders 1&2.

10+ Year Old Account
    make DS3 and 4 similar in styling to 2, with ds 5 being full co op, with all 4 horseman at once.... plz nordic make it happen