Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

554 Combat Rogue, Not sure if my DPS is up to scratch.

Hi all was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything I could do better to make my DPS higher. ive noticed sometimes im fighting with lower item level rogues to keep ahead of them DPS wise. I Cant link my armory for some reason, but my name is Sicenia on Dreadmaul Oceanic realm. a lot of the time im doing quite decent dps wise just wanted a second opinion. also don't have the 2 or 4 piece tier as of yet. thanks

We need logs to give you any useful rotational feedback. You don't have any according to epeen bot, so you should record some during your next raid.

As far as gear, you should reforge like this:

Code:
    Head: CritRating -> MasteryRating
    Shoulders: CritRating -> HasteRating
    Back: MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Chest: CritRating -> HasteRating
    Wrists: MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Hands: CritRating -> MasteryRating
    Waist: HitRating -> HasteRating
    Legs: MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Feet: HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ring1: MasteryRating -> HasteRating
    Ring2: HitRating -> HasteRating
    MainHand: CritRating -> HasteRating
    OffHand: CritRating -> HasteRating

Also enchant and tinker your gloves and put agi on your bracers.

Your gemming strategy is messed up too. You have orange gems in red and yellow sockets. Pick agi or haste and stack that (2 haste > 1 agi for you currently, but either strategy is viable).

You should get a new trinket ASAP. That badge sucks for PvE.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh okay thanks a lot. so you're saying for yellow gems stack straight haste? and red stack straight agi?
    had no luck with trinkets I know badge is terrible just need one to drop!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmxtaylor94 View Post
    so you're saying for yellow gems stack straight haste? and red stack straight agi?
    No. If you go the agi route, reds in reds and oranges in yellows. If you go the haste route, oranges in reds and yellows in yellows.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to figure out which way to go, some say agi over haste others haste over agi, also gotta keep my hit at 7.5% within all the reforge

Quote Originally Posted by Dmxtaylor94 View Post
    Its hard to figure out which way to go, some say agi over haste others haste over agi, also gotta keep my hit at 7.5% within all the reforge
    Like I said, haste is technically better for you right now. However, the difference is really small, so you can make a playstyle choice. Personally, I prefer agi-gemmed Combat.

Also, the reforge export I gave you keeps you at 7.54 hit and 7.5/6.5 expertise (due to MH racial expertise).

Always go agi in red sockets, agi is most beneficial stat for any spec rogue.
    Blue socket, depends if you need to cap hit/exp
    Yellow socket, go agi - haste as combat (Deft Vermillion Onyx)

What I usually do to keep my gear specced the right way whenever I gather new armor is to gem and enchant it up properly, than hit the reforger using Reforgelite addon.
    It will calculate and perform the best possible reforge by itself for your spec.

Make sure to follow that order as it would be a waste of gold to reforge and than change gems etc.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    alright thanks a lot guys, really helps

Quote Originally Posted by Farrath View Post
    Always go agi in red sockets, agi is most beneficial stat for any spec rogue.
    Blue socket, depends if you need to cap hit/exp
    Yellow socket, go agi - haste as combat (Deft Vermillion Onyx)
    Way to post some clearly misinformed and highly misleading garbage. Anyone actually reading this seeking help needs to check Squirl's post and ignore this one.

Please explain yourself.

Do slightly quicker weps and energy pooling make up for having less AP and Crit rating gained from agility?

Deleted
    yes...with the way restless blades works more haste means more finishers, means quicker CD reset, means more dps (and the added benefits of haste on cloak & gem procc)

but as stated the difference is small and more a playstyle decision than anything else. I like my combat spec with +-50% haste and therefore gem agility in red sockets (also cause i go sub 90% of the time)

i think his comment was more on the fact that you made it sound like there was only one way to go, while there are clearly two different ways of optimizing your char with similar outcome
    Last edited by mmoced381f817d; 2014-05-14 at 01:31 PM.

The reason stems from this: haste will give you more autoattack and autoattack-based damage than ap will. You gain a greater number of attacks per itemization point of haste than you do size of attacks from an itemization point of agility. In other words, an agi gem might makes your hits 0.1% bigger but a haste gem might give you 0.12% more hits in addition to the benefits it gives you from restless blades.

tempted to hijack this thread with my own issue, hopefully someone can help.

My rogue which was 577 at the time of this log did 426k(my highest was 467k) on iron jugg 25m heroic, i randomly picked another US rogue who got 517k on the same fight, i do more damage overall with SS/main gauche and he topped me on white swings.

heres my issue, he beat me by close to 100k dps and the fight length was the same, he had at the time it appears;
    -a 580 offhand while mine was only a slow 574
    -slightly better CD usage (time between KS)
    -better trinket (574haromm compared to my 574ticking ebon)

I would love for some opinions because i dont play this all that much as this is my alt

mine:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=10&target=207

other rogue:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=1&target=234
    Last edited by peki; 2014-05-14 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peki View Post
    tempted to hijack this thread with my own issue, hopefully someone can help.

My rogue which was 577 at the time of this log did 426k(my highest was 467k) on iron jugg 25m heroic, i randomly picked another US rogue who got 517k on the same fight, i do more damage overall with SS/main gauche and he topped me on white swings.

heres my issue, he beat me by close to 100k dps and the fight length was the same, he had at the time it appears;
    -a 580 offhand while mine was only a slow 574
    -slightly better CD usage (time between KS)
    -better trinket (574haromm compared to my 574ticking ebon)

I would love for some opinions because i dont play this all that much as this is my alt

mine:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=10&target=207

other rogue:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=1&target=234
    The biggest things that stand out to me:

• SnD: 91.2% vs 98.77%
    • TED < Haromm's: Restless Agi 16.13% uptime (~2096.9 avg agi) vs Vicious 48.48% uptime (~6934.1 avg agi), plus 6.99m Multistrike damage
    • You're not a troll; he is

There are a bunch of other minor factors (TotT, Stormlash, Skull Banner) that push it in his favor as well.