Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    If this is legit, then it's possible they might be making another Zelda down either the childhood line (the darker games in the series) or in the Hero is Defeated line. My guess would be childhood since those have been much darker than the titles in the adult timeline and the hero is defeated timeline has the most games in it. Not that the timelines were every really a limiting factor for them, but I feel like Aonuma would want to keep with the themes they have in the timelines they've made canon.

Still, I'm incredibly skeptical because the title seems a bit odd for a Zelda game, I generally don't trust supposed leaks, and unless Nintendo actually bought the rights to the Xenogears franchise, that won't be the official name for the X game at all. Also, where's the mention on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? Still waiting to hear more about that and I am really hoping for something at this year's E3.
    Yeah, something tells me they're going down the Child timeline since they just recently went down the the Defeated Hero one with Between Worlds.

Here's to hoping these rumors are true. Would love a new Zelda for the Wii U as well as a Castlevania SotN (or any Castlevania for that matter). I'd also love a new Metroid for the Wii U.....though my Wii U and 3DS are keeping me pretty busy at the moment so I can wait a bit.

Who gives a shit about Zelda when there IS A FUCKING SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT 2 ON THAT LIST!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    Oh, I get you. I was thinking of a series as in ... well, a serial. LoZ 1, LoZ 2, LoZ 3, etc. but because of the non-linearity of the franchise, I've never really seen it as a series.

Semantics.
    Actually there are quite a lot of zelda games that are tied together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Unfortunatly a sequal to SOTN is alot easyer to fuck up. God knows how it would be casualized beyond belief to meet todays standards. I loved the castlevania 64 games both 64 and the other one. A sequel to circle of the moon would be awsome to.
    You're asking for a sequel to one of the worst castlevanias ever... why? 2D castlevania is really hard to fuck up big.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    You're asking for a sequel to one of the worst castlevanias ever... why? 2D castlevania is really hard to fuck up big.
    Dare tell what made it one of the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    All I want is a Majora's Mask remake; as they did recently with Ocarina of Time.
    I want another solid modern zelda game as dark and awesome as majora's mask.

Sadly a single Zelda game isn't worth a WiiU purchase. I learned that with the Wii. Bought it for Twilight Princess... find out the Wii only did 420p or whatever. WOMP WOMP.

I do have a theory albeit it a strange theory about if this game is indeed real. I still don't really believe in this but it would actually be kinda cool lol

And yes my voice does suck :P
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    What separates Shard of Nightmare in terms of legitimacy over, say, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess?

It fits the Japanese school of naming things. Take two arbitrary adjectives and.. PERFECT.
    Could just be me being nitpicky. It sounds more like a Kirby title than Zelda, buuut I've been playing a lot of Kirby lately, probably why that was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Well the most common complaints about the Castlevania 64 games are:

- Lack of music, music that is there is fairly generic and forgettable.
    - Camera that is bad even for N64 standards.
    - Clunky controls, especially with Reinhardt.
    - Strange puzzles that can be frustrating to complete (remember that bomb segment?)
    - Slow gameplay with survival horror elements that were a farcry from the standard Castlevania action-platformer formula.

I think AVGN sums up Castlevania 64 pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0xI41RtaU

Skip to about 7 minutes in for the Castlevania 64 segment.
    What? Symphony of the Night is a ps1 game. Had the best ost in the series and was a 2d awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What? Symphony of the Night is a ps1 game. Had the best ost in the series and was a 2d awesomeness.
    He was responding to Zeta333 comment about SOTN

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If xenogears happens, I'll buy this console.

Still really sad square pulled the plug on Xenogears and the entire second disk is kind of a cutscene with just kind of placeholders in to detail the plot points that they couldn't build world around :/

The reason I think it's fake: Nothing about the new pokemon game remakes of HOENN
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Sadly a single Zelda game isn't worth a WiiU purchase. I learned that with the Wii. Bought it for Twilight Princess... find out the Wii only did 420p or whatever. WOMP WOMP.
    Whether or not a console is HD (specifically at the time when consoles first began to make the turn to HD at that) is a deciding factor in your purchase of a video game console? Not whether the games on the console are fun or something you really like? Why even bother with consoles if graphics are all that matter to you, just build a gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The reason I think it's fake: Nothing about the new pokemon game remakes of HOENN
    Well, they're remakes of former games. Unless they're adding a bunch of stuff besides a few new mega evolutions, I wouldn't expect them to spend too much time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Igarashi recently got pissed at Konami and left because they wouldn't let him work on the kinds of games that he wanted to work on. Had SotN 2 actually been in development he wouldn't have bailed. There's a zero percent chance that's legit.

Also why the hell would they call it SotN 2? Dawn of Sorrow was a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow but they didn't call that Aria of Sorrow 2.
    You're right, I do remember hearing about that now that you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    An amazing Zelda game would probably be one of the few things that would get me to purchase a Wii U.
    The twilight princess was rated highly - but,. i find it lacking so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Fuck zelda, I want a new Metroid Prime! (well, I want both...just Metroid Prime a little bit more since it has been so long :< )
    Metroid, Fire Emblem, a Pokemon Stadium...Nintendo can get me to lose even more hours on console if they wanted to. ATM I have had the 3ds to take up that time as the Wii was too much of a turn-off.

its been confirmed for a long while now that they will announce the title and show the first footage of zelda u at this years e3 nintendo direct.

whether or not the leak is real though is up in the air. way to few games in my opinion.

other than pokken fighters which is a real trademark and xenogears everything else on that list is confirmed already. also the fact that they have hyrule warriors STILL listed as hyrule warriors is a bit telling. its coming out this year, a leak would likely have the actual title for it instead of the placeholder
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552