Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    For a guy working on it by himself, it seems not too bad at all.

I am probably bias since I usually dislike indie games, but not too shabby dude.

Keep it up!
    Thanks! Feedback like this is what motivates me!

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I'm studying a BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology Course at University. If you want, I can hand this around to my peers and lecturers to play, see what they think?

I won't claim any rights of it of course, and I'll only do so if you're happy for me to do it.

Edit; I assume you're using UnityPro, which is nice and I have to say the visuals are really impressive. It's not well optimised, but that'll come in time I'm sure, and I'm running on Dual Monitors (1 Primary & 1 Secondary) and I had to restart it a few times to prevent it trying to clip between the two screens.

I'll give it a proper play-through a little later, but the one thing I would suggest, is try to find a slightly different style to the User Interface. Everything replicates that U.I. and it creates too much of a similarity between Diablo and your game.
    That would be great! I can always use more feedback and ideas!
    I've tried to optimize this demo a little bit, though it is hard to test it out when I only got one computer, and no other hardware to test it on.
    I'll have a look at the dual screen issue, I have a couple of monitors, so I can test it. Could you give me the resolution of both of your monitors?

A buddy of mine said he wanted to work on the GUI (but he hasn't really done much yet).
    Here's a screenshot of the concept if anyone's interested: http://gyazo.com/9a148e2850049f4e11bb24e825a1166d

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Solid foundation, found no obvious bugs yet.

I have some things related to gameplay but i realise you probably got a lot more planned for this project so its probably irrelevant.

Anyhow, got 3 shot by the boss in the catacombs and respawned all the way back at the start. Making the player respawn at the start of a new area they enter or giving them some kind of portal functionality they can drop in order to return to places more rapidly could be neat. Its not a problem in zones this small but it could become tedious once more expansive areas are introduced to respawn right at the start of the game.
    I agree, though I forgot to mention in my first post that there is already a portal (you can go back to the start by entering it, but you can't go back to where you made the portal yet. This will come soon though), you can create it by pressing the key "T" for now.
    Last edited by mmoc41c0db2ad2; 2014-05-15 at 03:00 PM.

I was really impressed by the environment visuals and design. Much more crisp than PoE, tbh. The character and mob visuals need a lot of work, but I guess you know that. Especially the monsters need to stand out more from the background. The player character I think needs to turn faster to make it seem more responsive, independently of running speed. Anyway, awesome work and looking forward to the next update, especially if it includes skills etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Keep going mate.

Looks like your onto something here. Kudos to your hard work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I was really impressed by the environment visuals and design. Much more crisp than PoE, tbh. The character and mob visuals need a lot of work, but I guess you know that. Especially the monsters need to stand out more from the background. The player character I think needs to turn faster to make it seem more responsive, independently of running speed. Anyway, awesome work and looking forward to the next update, especially if it includes skills etc.
    Yeah, the character models etc needs work, but unfortunately I have to wait 'till I'll be able to buy better ones or pay someone to improve the current ones.
    I've been working on skills for a few days now, I'll have the next update out some time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Keep going mate.

Looks like your onto something here. Kudos to your hard work.
    Thanks man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the atmosphere and the visuals. Keep it up and good luck.