Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You are complaing that people don't understand what being a introverted person is like. But you clearly do not understand what being extroverted is like as you don't understand their behaviour.

There is no such thing as a Introvert or Extrovert anyway. People just lean a bit more to the other side as other people. Extremes are exceptions.

I dislike people. I dislike being around them. I dislike having to do things in public. I even dislike grouping with people I don't know in online worlds. Though I did work in retail for 17 years and frequently made store wide announcement in front of hundreds of people. Does that make me introverted or extroverted? Or some other sort of 'verted?

Just be polite and tell the guy you need to focus on your work. Maybe if you setup the boundary he will respect it and take the hint? If you find him obnoxious then just ask him to leave you alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Almost everything about people is best represented by a spectrum, but there is evidence suggesting introvert and extrovert brains are structurally different from each other.
    I tend to view the primary difference between introversion and extroversion as the method by which people generate or regenerate energy (or vital essence, if you like). If you're an extrovert then your primary means of regenerating energy is social - being around people, sharing stories, group activities, etc. etc. The general flow of society and being social helps you recharge your proverbial batteries. If you're an introvert then solitary pursuits recharge you and you recharge your batteries by maintaining your distance and focusing on your own needs/wants. Being alone costs an extrovert energy, and conversely being social costs an introvert in a similar manner.

You can extend the general metaphor in a number of directions and by scale, but that's my general take-away.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see if we can help define an introvert and an extrovert. Introvert's have low levels of energy when it comes to social dealings, extroverts have high levels. Let us say social interaction is like a fire. An extrovert is a fire hose of energy, they can keep going and going at the fire. An introvert is the guy with a little plastic bucket, that is all the energy they have to deal with social interactions. At least that is how I see it.