Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Umm, they said a long time ago what events would be yearly... this should be not a bit of a surprise to anyone.
    I'm not surprised, it was more of a joke since it's probably what a lot of people are thinking and I'm sure if I hit up the GW2 forums I'd see the same comments a billion times over.

I really don't care anymore, I stopped crying about how much I hated the game and just quit. I still can't help put my 2 cents in now and then though lol.

I wonder what they are actually working on, this is most likely just to keep people busy until the new shits ready.

This is cool, I'm glad they are bringing these events back, since I liked them a lot the last time. Also I hope when Lion's Arch gets rebuilt, that it gets more defenses, especially anti air defenses.

when I hate a game, I stop thinking about it, looking at the forums, read about the game, or post about it. But that's just me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    when I hate a game, I stop thinking about it, looking at the forums, read about the game, or post about it. But that's just me
    Well I loved the franchise for over 7 years so I really wanted this game to be great.

PS: when a thread pops up on MMO champ front page it kinda hard not to notice

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Well I loved the franchise for over 7 years so I really wanted this game to be great.

PS: when a thread pops up on MMO champ front page it kinda hard not to notice
    For months, I didn't even know there was a front page of MMO-Champion. I thought it was just these forums and nothing else. However, another moderator informed me once there is a method to alter which "new posts" are seen on the front page.

All one has to do is click the "forum filters" button in the Recent Forum Posts box. Just an FYI for those that might want to filter the front page posts a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Even worse if we build it exactly like it was before it was destroyed and the only thing reminding us of the invasion is that little memorial thing off to the left where nobody goes.
    There was a video with a couple of the guys that designed LA. One of the things the one guy (guy that made gummy wurm) mentioned was that when they rebuilt the lion statue, it's actually a bit off because they didn't have like, a backup copy of LA to just reload. The lion was replaced and was a bit off.

Some of the changes to the pathing of LA with the ruins are actually very nice, so hopefully they rebuild it with the best of old and new. Or, you know, at least put out the fires and cart off the giant mechanical wreckage...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    For months, I didn't even know there was a front page of MMO-Champion. I thought it was just these forums and nothing else. However, another moderator informed me once there is a method to alter which "new posts" are seen on the front page.

All one has to do is click the "forum filters" button in the Recent Forum Posts box. Just an FYI for those that might want to filter the front page posts a bit.
    For the longest time I came here for the front page and never noticed the forums! I actually only joined the forum to talk about SW:TOR, long after I'd quit playing WoW. Migrated to GW2 and such, but yeah, came to this site for a long time before finding the forums and registering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not surprised, it was more of a joke since it's probably what a lot of people are thinking and I'm sure if I hit up the GW2 forums I'd see the same comments a billion times over.
    I'm suprised they're doing both at the same time. I'd sort of expected Dragonbash soon, which could have kicked off the next story.

I really don't care anymore, I stopped crying about how much I hated the game and just quit. I still can't help put my 2 cents in now and then though lol.
    I am very good at entering into experiences with few preconceptions, so usually I'm not disappointed in something. If I don't like it, I just stop, no hard feelings. I read the first three Song of Ice & Fire, that was enough and I have no interest in the tv series or books. Agents of SHIELD, watched some, done. I haven't played WoW since Deathwing patch, but still read news and stuff daily.

I wonder what they are actually working on, this is most likely just to keep people busy until the new shits ready.
    They will probably have some small scene's around that hint at stuff. Theoretically we're heading westward.

Deleted
    Yay my favorite content :3 Well, two of my favs. I doubt it will be the same as last time. But I remember really enjoying both patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There was a video with a couple of the guys that designed LA. One of the things the one guy (guy that made gummy wurm) mentioned was that when they rebuilt the lion statue, it's actually a bit off because they didn't have like, a backup copy of LA to just reload. The lion was replaced and was a bit off.

Some of the changes to the pathing of LA with the ruins are actually very nice, so hopefully they rebuild it with the best of old and new. Or, you know, at least put out the fires and cart off the giant mechanical wreckage...

I don't expect changes to the actual landmasses (mountains will still be mountains, the bay will still be water, etc) other than the crumbling, new caves, upheavals, pits, and other destruction caused by the Watchknights and the drill.

But I do expect they will 'smooth over' some of the rougher terrain spots to make it habitable and I would bet that we get new style of buildings and maybe different locations. I saw that dev livestream not too long ago about the creation of Lion's Arch, they've got tools to do pretty much anything they want to do.

I think the wreckage at the bottom of the bay will most likely stay, too large to cart out. It will be like the Ancient Karka's corpse in Southsun and the Tower remains in Kessex, as a reminder to us of events past.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I hope the new LA will be prettier though =x I wasn't that excited of the city since I expected an amazing place. I'd rather 'live' in the Zephyr Sanctum if I could!
    Not to mention it looked really really pretty in the trailer! Screenshotexcitement! 8D

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, Silverbleed - you just reminded me, remember that one trailer that showed a Lion's Arch-esque city with the boats strung across the sky? I bet that's it! The Zephyrites will help us rebuild

I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Valar morghulis

This was my favorite update and I'm pretty happy to see my prediction on it coming and having to do with LA was right.

So suck it british youtube boy! Potatoes are made from erf!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Here it is, starting at 2:35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em0Sd60iI2w
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Hero! Thank you ^^

Never seen it the video, even. Oh man if LA would turn out like that, then I'm a very very happy person!

I think the rebuild will have some Canthan motifs. .

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I remember this was Lion's Arch in the alpha, or at least I have been told. I have asked several times where those places are ingame that gave you that 'WOW!'-moments in the year before release, and it would have been possible that some of those locations are hidden somewhere in a dungeon, too (for someone who did not visit so many of them yet).

Found a map and the Reddit-thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we still farm that deadeye guy like before and earn ourselves 20-30g per hour like before?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Can we still farm that deadeye guy like before and earn ourselves 20-30g per hour like before?
    Wasn't that nerfed already during the first time the content appeared?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The destroyed fountain took a while to get rebuilt. I doubt LA will be rebuilt in one update cycle.

I will be annoyed if it just ends being like it was before the destruction though.
    Hightly doubt it will, this GW2 writer tweeted this at the destruction: https://twitter.com/John_J_Ryan/stat...52166061674496

"Good-bye, my sweet Lion's Arch.
    You'll never be the same again. #guildwars2"

Would be awesome if new LA took inspiration from the Zephyr Sanctum, the place is absolutely stunning.
    Guess it would make sense if the Zephyrites help at least, them being traders and all

Edit: Oh just noticed that the youtube video description actually says "The Zephyrites have returned to support Lion's Arch!" woop ^^
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-05-14 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    If it turns out that everything was planned (and done) from the start I'll feel cheated. Even if it means that they were working on expansion that whole time during S1.

I loved Zephyrite update (it seems that a lot of people liked it) so I might come back to fight at Aspect Arena (I'm still sad that Southsun Survival is in rotation and AR isn't... But maybe it's a good thing - waiting the whole year to play it again ). I hope that they'll bring some new stories too! So it won't be exactly like last-year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter from Guild Mag

Ree Soesbee tells that the Festival of the Four winds will encorporate hidden hints and secrets towards the 2nd Season of the LS.

https://twitter.com/GuildMag/status/466207077107769344
    Valar morghulis