Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Uh how? Single Target versus Ogre means less chance of hitting the birds and reflects on Pyro do good damage due to his attacks.

Bird feed is stacked in that area for a reason
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I know the mechanics, but it's still better to have single target damage. Large AOEs will still hit the birds as they don't fly too far away from the Ogre in order to get the seed. You can chain them further away, but they eventually return. Thus, there's less risk of gimping yourself with single target attacks.

It's literally the only mechanic of the fight...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I still don't see your point.

If you think getting gold or silver relies on having single target dps and reflects on demo you're delusional that's all.
    The fights (as usual) are piss easy the only hard thing is getting the idiots out (as usual).

Oh so it's just another Meledelion post. Why explain the mechanics or offer helpful tips when Meledelion can just walk in the room and everything dies?

Anyways, for everyone else, the tips I gave are the ones the guilds use to farm gold rewards.

Oh come on now you're just butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Bird feed is stacked in that area for a reason
    That's all there is to that fight, use the feed birds go away => DPS

What more can I explain about the mechanics?

I already explained. You're shitting up a thread now.

Look, you acted like the only way of doing this stuff is if you have a perfect setup, that's just bullshit and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @zed, I believe you're on US servers as well. Most full pug maps I have seen don't have the coordination or people on them to manage more than one commander at a time and bronze medals, so I do know what you're talking about. I was lucky enough to find a pug map early one morning that actually had six commanders and coordination but not enough people to manage more than silver.

I have one member of my guild who apparently knows someone in TTS who ferries him in each day, and I've spent the large part of most days this week ferried into TTS maps off of him. They're a pain in the ass to get into considering they're extremely full, but the persistence pays off and they get gold every round.

Their only requirement for the bosses is a certain number of people, trying to split them somewhat evenly, so they don't upscale a certain boss. They don't have any special profession arrangements, from what I've seen. Despite how much I despise TTS due to the actions of some of their members in the past, their maps are good and they generally know what they're doing.

It definitely IS possible without a specific profession set up, you just need the numbers.

I do find it kind of ridiculous though that Anet just increased bronze rewards instead of making the bosses a little bit more relaxed (the amount of upscaling is just stupid) for pugs, since pugs are the majority of what the maps are. They have to know that outside of maybe 1 or 2 guilds as a whole people aren't getting anything more than bronze. I know they wanted to discourage zerging, but pug maps are so bad that if your intent is to farm tokens, it takes so long to both start a boss blitz and get all the bosses killed that it's more efficient to just go farm Labyrinthine Cliff events.

Pugs will learn and adapt or they'll quit and others will take their place. Basically, we saw this lack of coordination with pugs at the LA event and Marionette but after a week or two both events were practically on farm with pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Pugs will learn and adapt or they'll quit and others will take their place. Basically, we saw this lack of coordination with pugs at the LA event and Marionette but after a week or two both events were practically on farm with pugs.
    Am I wrong in thinking this event is a two week event like most others?

It's been nearly a week already, and 99% of pug maps I enter are still completely uncoordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking this event is a two week event like most others?

It's been nearly a week already, and 99% of pug maps I enter are still completely uncoordinated.
    I was thinking this event was month long. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I do find it kind of ridiculous though that Anet just increased bronze rewards instead of making the bosses a little bit more relaxed (the amount of upscaling is just stupid) for pugs, since pugs are the majority of what the maps are. They have to know that outside of maybe 1 or 2 guilds as a whole people aren't getting anything more than bronze. I know they wanted to discourage zerging, but pug maps are so bad that if your intent is to farm tokens, it takes so long to both start a boss blitz and get all the bosses killed that it's more efficient to just go farm Labyrinthine Cliff events.
    To be fair, the bronze rewards still suck for the amount of time it takes. A bunch of times I've entered to find one boss dead and it's already past gold/silver. You can slug it out for another 40 minutes to get a few champ bags. It's a total waste of time, reward wise, and it's not fun at all either.

The dolyak race and charged crystals are fun enough, even though they reward not much of anything.

But that's from the view of me, who thinks the tickets are mostly worthless. I've been using them for the gear bags to hopefully get something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I was thinking this event was month long. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    I imagine it is a month long. There is a big NCSoft release coming up next week. I don't think they are wanting to mix in with that. If I had to guess about the next update, it won't happen until the end of June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    To be fair, the bronze rewards still suck for the amount of time it takes. A bunch of times I've entered to find one boss dead and it's already past gold/silver. You can slug it out for another 40 minutes to get a few champ bags. It's a total waste of time, reward wise, and it's not fun at all either.

The dolyak race and charged crystals are fun enough, even though they reward not much of anything.

But that's from the view of me, who thinks the tickets are mostly worthless. I've been using them for the gear bags to hopefully get something useful.
    That's what I was saying. :P

The pug maps are so bad it's more worth your time invested to do the events in Labyrinthine Cliffs with Sanctum Sprint or Aspect Arena in between for farming tokens. The amount of time wasted to get 40 tokens on a pug Crown Pavilion map is so large you'd farm faster in the previous.

I said that (and many others did as well) a while ago. It only makes sense at least from their and NCSoft's point of view even if we would rather see it much sooner.

Deleted
    So long? It will ruin the "one of the best updates" image in many eyes. It's fun when it lasts 2 weeks and is annual. 6 weeks is an overkill.