15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytillina View Post
    Surprised to see that no one has noticed, or at least posted yet, that the PTR updated her run animation. Its less bouncy now, more like the old one.
    I honestly, legitimately notice no difference. I honestly think you're just seeing things. I'll throw a gif up later tonight, right now I am collecting heirlooms for a baby shammy.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay... I stand corrected. They did indeed nerf the bounce. I don't know if this was snuck in during a new build (because for sure it wasn't there on the first night, I checked my night elf right away to see if her fall was put back in). I'm mildly upset. They adjusted her run, but she's STILL missing her fall? She STILL has the drunken sway idle? STILL the weird abs and navel?

What the eff? The bounce was fine imho, and arguably much more minor than an ENTIRE MISSING ANIMATION.

She looks like she's glued to the floor now, just gliding along, it looks so terrible when strafing and turning. BLIZZARD STOP MAKING THE NEW MODELS RUN MORE STIFFLY THAN THE OLD ONES.

Classic run:

PTR run:

Live run:

- - - Updated - - -

Foot dragging gif of the PTR run strafing (it's big, so click):
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2015-04-19 at 03:12 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this is already known, but I just saw this on twitter

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/04/18/...model-updates/

Happy to see tweaks are being made. Looks like the eyeglow is remaining the same though.
    Also looks like lipstick may change now?

Deleted
    Yay, my eyebrows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Sorry if this is already known, but I just saw this on twitter

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/04/18/...model-updates/

Happy to see tweaks are being made. Looks like the eyeglow is remaining the same though.
    Also looks like lipstick may change now?
    Call me blind i'm not seeing any difference in Shape, Lipstick or anything else.

In the very first screenshot, which uses Face 2 on Skin Color 7. Still has Blue Lipstick which it doesn't have on the Old Models.

They done NOTHING when it comes to Facial Changes.

http://i.imgur.com/H1otLwW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZztlfD1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ur8R65D.jpg

Same goes for Skin Color 2, 4, 5 and 6.
    Last edited by TheDeeGee; 2015-04-19 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I honestly, legitimately notice no difference. I honestly think you're just seeing things. I'll throw a gif up later tonight, right now I am collecting heirlooms for a baby shammy.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay... I stand corrected. They did indeed nerf the bounce. I don't know if this was snuck in during a new build (because for sure it wasn't there on the first night, I checked my night elf right away to see if her fall was put back in). I'm mildly upset. They adjusted her run, but she's STILL missing her fall? She STILL has the drunken sway idle? STILL the weird abs and navel?

What the eff? The bounce was fine imho, and arguably much more minor than an ENTIRE MISSING ANIMATION.

She looks like she's glued to the floor now, just gliding along, it looks so terrible when strafing and turning. BLIZZARD STOP MAKING THE NEW MODELS RUN MORE STIFFLY THAN THE OLD ONES.

Classic run:

PTR run:

Live run:

- - - Updated - - -

Initially I was going to say that I didn't see the "sliderun" from the first couple of gifs... But now that you showed the strafing I can definitely see it... it rather mimicks the problem I had with the troll female run, that her feet never got raised far enough from the ground. With the loss of the Night elf Female's bouncing run it seems they now have a similar issue... and they do keep goofing up the hip region, which, allegedly they fixed with the troll female, so here's hoping they apply the same correction on the night elf, both male and female.

I sympathize with your frustration regarding their consistent tweaking to much lesser issues when there are much larger problems plaguing various models, for the sake of the thread I'm not going to get into a rant about the troll male again but it's for their sakes I'm getting aggrevated and frustrated on the same grounds as you.

I can only hope it's because the tweaks they're making are "faster" to implement, while work on the model itself and recreating animations that are still missing is taking longer, but to placate they edit the things they can do the fastest first and bigger changes might come later...

... I hope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chest UVs still terrible. Head angle is still off.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Call me blind i'm not seeing any difference in Shape, Lipstick or anything else.

In the very first screenshot, which uses Face 2 on Skin Color 7. Still has Blue Lipstick which it doesn't have on the Old Models.

They done NOTHING when it comes to Facial Changes.

http://i.imgur.com/H1otLwW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZztlfD1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ur8R65D.jpg

Same goes for Skin Color 2, 4, 5 and 6.
    So.. the purplish-lilac skin all still have blue lips then?
    That is rather unfortunate.

I dont see much of a difference, however according to that, change is happening. Thats why I was posting it.

And somewhat disappointed to see that female night elves are still not standing straight.
    *sigh*

I dont know anything about computers, why is it that the chest is now crushed?
    Its like everything is pushed inwards.
    The lion is much bigger on the old model's tabbard for example.
    Just asking what causes this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    So.. the purplish-lilac skin all still have blue lips then?
    That is rather unfortunate.

I dont see much of a difference, however according to that, change is happening. Thats why I was posting it.

And somewhat disappointed to see that female night elves are still not standing straight.
    *sigh*

I dont know anything about computers, why is it that the chest is now crushed?
    Its like everything is pushed inwards.
    The lion is much bigger on the old model's tabbard for example.
    Just asking what causes this.
    Because Robinson can't draw straight posture. Look at all of his arts, they are reminiscent of the curves from surreal cartoons and caricature faces. It's not bad, but its not fit WoW.
    He just sees the world in a different way. It is a gift some times, but in our case it turned into a curse...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-06-28 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted

Classic run:

PTR run:

Live run:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for those, looks so much better and closer to original

Now, only fall animation, idle animation and eyelashes added and I'm happy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Always like the headpiece since it looked bit like the girl from fable 1, shame it's not covering the eyes anymore;/

Edit: what a horrible transmog you got there, nothing matches lol
    Edit plus: The run you showed is way closer to the original run, good change the bouny stuff that the male model also had is a good example of getting back to the original run gg blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Because Robinson can't draw straight posture. Look at all of his arts, they are reminiscent of the curves from surreal cartoons and caricature faces. It's not bad, but its not fit WoW.
    He just sees the world in a different way. It is a gift some times, but in our case it turned into a curse...
    I don't think he worked on the Night Elf Models at all... I think that was Tyson Murphy, who I think seems like a swell guy and I like his art, but his models are amongst those I'm unhappiest with designwise.

I do know that Chris Robinson worked on the Dwarves however, and though you could say their height doesn't make that much of a challenge to animate them in that regard, the Dwarves stand straight just fine.

As far as I know they were animated by one single animator, which seems strange, so I can't claim for certain...
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-19 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    I don't think he worked on the Night Elf Models at all... I think that was Tyson Murphy, who I think seems like a swell guy and I like his art, but his models are amongst those I'm unhappiest with designwise.

I do know that Chris Robinson worked on the Dwarves however, and though you could say their height doesn't make that much of a challenge to animate them in that regard, the Dwarves stand straight just fine.

As far as I know they were animated by one single animator, which seems strange, so I can't claim for certain...
    Ye It was Murphy who did nelf Male, Chirs was working on Troll male meanwhile. But in Troll case I could give him excuse of having wounded hand. Both Males though are the least finished out of all models sadly.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Edit: what a horrible transmog you got there, nothing matches lol
    Tell that to Blizzard

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36373/coral-moongale

Unfortunately we can't do shoulder-less transmog, and the chestpiece she wears is cloth, so I did the best I could. I think I look pretty good. (And yes, my boots and pants are unmogged there, and my gloves are unmogged here, oops).

Sig by Isilrien

7+ Year Old Account

You are right and wrong at the same time. There is a basic skeleton and posture, in which all are stands. Concept art does not stand in any positions, it's just a drawing. So the basic posture and overall concept art, which begins working people "subordinates" was given from superior.
    Now pay look at all models - they all stand in the same position (- this all is compared with the old posture -): neck stretched forward, back hunch up, all broad chest and cobra shoulders, hands spread out a little (this from the front and in profile looks very unpleasant), bulging belly forward slightly. (In a topic about draenei we have quarreled on this things)
    All of this can be seen in the drawings "you know who"...
    ----add----
    They all had unique posture, and now the same. The difference remained only one (if not to find fault with some details), bf female head is omitted like it was on draenei f in tbc models and vice versa (that's why new be_f look like on their periods) - It's just because the new models have too bent forward neck (but before it was put in a posture of attention for all (almost perpendicular)), and in the rest position they leave to BE_fem head old angle (opposed to other races) this is how they got omitted head.
    The same situation is going on with running animation - they are trying to make it universal but it was unique for every race.

Well, for someone it's good for someone don't, some people like some don't. But there is one simple fact which is difficult to argue: all this was different and those who "liked it/approach to their character's image" were left out in the cold. And for me it's humanly sorry for these people.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-05-05 at 12:02 PM.

Tell that to Blizzard

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36373/coral-moongale

Unfortunately we can't do shoulder-less transmog, and the chestpiece she wears is cloth, so I did the best I could. I think I look pretty good. (And yes, my boots and pants are unmogged there, and my gloves are unmogged here, oops).

The bottom half of her tabard is upside-down. :s Is that a known thing that they just haven't gotten around to fixing, or something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    You are right and wrong at the same time. There is a basic skeleton and posture, in which all are stands. Concept art does not stand in any positions, it's just a drawing. So the basic posture and overall concept art, which begins working people "subordinates" was given from superior.
    Now pay look at all models - they all stand in the same position (- this all is compared with the old posture -): neck stretched forward, back hunch up, all broad chest and cobra shoulders, hands spread out a little (this from the front and in profile looks very unpleasant), bulging belly forward slightly. (In a topic about draenei we have quarreled on this things)
    All of this can be seen in the drawings "you know who"...
    ----add----
    They all had unique posture, and now the same. The difference remained only one (if not to find fault with some details), bf female head is omitted like it was on draenei f in tbc models and vice versa (that's why new be_f look like on their periods).
    The same situation is going on with running animation - they are trying to make it universal but it was unique for every race.

Well, for someone it's good for someone don't, some people like some don't. But there is one simple fact which is difficult to argue: all this was different and those who "liked it/approach to their character's image" were left out in the cold. And for me it's humanly sorry for these people.
    Eh? Wrong about what? I just simply stated that I don't think you can put all of the blame on Chris G. Robinson, unless you can show me a source where it's stated that he did all of the concepts for every race... Because even though they generally and roughly fall under the same style, I feel I can see the difference between the models worked on by Chris Robinson, Tyson Murphy, and others... Particularly Murphy's as his tend to be slightly more exaggerated in frame than the old one used to be.

I would imagine that the artists that modeled their races also made their own concepts, perhaps in tandem with Chris, but still put their own spin on some of them.

I think I read somewhere that the races were mostly animated by one person, not by any of the artists that did the modelling.

I'm not arguing against the flaws of the models, I'm just saying I don't think you can pin that on just one developer, which seems unfair.

But if they were indeed all animated by a single person I do feel I can put a lot of the difference in attitude and posture and such once the models were animated on them.

If I understand you correctly, then I too empathize heavily with those who felt their characters changed too much, appearing too differently from how they were originally.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-20 at 10:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh? Wrong about what? I just simply stated that I don't think you can put all of the blame on Chris G. Robinson, unless you can show me a source where it's stated that he did all of the concepts for every race... Because even though they generally and roughly fall under the same style, I feel I can see the difference between the models worked on by Chris Robinson, Tyson Murphy, and others... Particularly Murphy's as his tend to be slightly more exaggerated in frame than the old one used to be.

I would imagine that the artists that modeled their races also made their own concepts, perhaps in tandem with Chris, but still put their own spin on some of them.

I think I read somewhere that the races were mostly animated by one person, not by any of the artists that did the modelling.

I'm not arguing against the flaws of the models, I'm just saying I don't think you can pin that on just one developer, which seems unfair.

But if they were indeed all animated by a single person I do feel I can put a lot of the difference in attitude and posture and such once the models were animated on them.

If I understand you correctly, then I too empathize heavily with those who felt their characters changed too much, appearing too differently from how they were originally.
    Blame? No, of course not. In the fact he just control the process and coordinated the final touches (these are the differences between the concept art and live models). Engaged the same work as Bill Petras (Art Director), Justin Thavirat (Lead Artist), Brandon Idol (Lead Character Artist), Kevin Beardslee (Lead Animator) and Kyle Harrison (Lead Technical Artist) at their time (that's why sometimes, for example, the old models called "Idol's"). And models were made accordance with the fact that 1) they didn't like some of the things that made those guys (something they're written in Twitter 1.5-2 years ago), 2) they had to "simplify" some things because of the rush (solve radical way, because they do not have time to do "as needed"), 3) and something that they peep/borrow from different developers (again, because of rush and laziness) - and all these decisions belong only to superiors. I could be wrong with third, but it is reflected very much on all current Blizzard projects (i'm not saying that many things - plagiarism, just clarify that before they did the weather, but now everything is very bad, and i don't know if they really believe in themselves or just doing routine work every day). It's feels sad, you know.

I do not know if they understand that because of that corny something will never be remade because require dramatic correction. Because of laziness, lack of time, because people are asking "content content!", "let's give us more and more!" and due to this, haste will be even more. It's like a work of the student, if it is not adequate on deadline, it will never be adequate.

I don't blame anyone, it's just feels a little offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Blizzard worked hard to remove the bounciness from all the running animations.
    Yes, they are. But it is just wrong work fixes, yes it's better looking but it was wrong from the beginning and its will always stay wrong
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-04-20 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted

Deleted
    <SNIP>
    This reminds me of real life struggles with fitted shirts that have a picture on them - breasts DO warp it, and sometimes it looks funny. I specifically remember a T-shirt with a tiger, and wearing it stretched the cheeks so much it looked like a hamster.

Anyways, OT - I love the new run, no more sea sickness while playing a night elf!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Which is great, and something I am really happy about.

Now just add the falling animation, the eyelashes, tweak the idle posture a bit and increase the polygon count in certain areas and we're done in my view