Thread: Tier 17 Armor

Deleted

Tier 17 Armor

What do you want to see from your Tier 17 armor looks and setbonuses?

I am personally using my desperate prayer that we don't look like an unnecessarily colourful bishop (t14) or a menorah (t15) with bells for bo'janglies. Priest transmog has been a bit... strange in MoP I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    What do you want to see from your Tier 17 armor looks and setbonuses?

I am personally using my desperate prayer that we don't look like an unnecessarily colourful bishop (t14) or a menorah (t15) with bells for bo'janglies. Priest transmog has been a bit... strange in MoP I have to say.
    Yeah, bishop of the light theme is so old-school and overused for priests. :| It's been a long time since we've had a set that looks like it was inspired more by the Shadow side of the priest sprectrum, cause like, shadow priests totally exist (?)

Well this is just me, and you can feel free to disagree *wiggles fingers wildly and channels mind control behind back*, but we've had so many many robe sets.. it would be really nice having at least one "Kirin Tor's Regalia" style robeless set just for once (http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=562).

Maybe with really light plate mail elements accentuating the cloth parts (like a light metal breastplate and maybe some plate guards on the arms/legs, but not much). I mean it can still provide cloth level armor for gameplay purposes, but it doesn't always have to -look- exactly like cloth.

The Cataclysmic Gladiator's mooncloth priest pvp set or the prideful pvp rogue armor for example shows just how cool it can look when you mix cloth/leather with plate elements.

There's just such a small supply of cool looking tunic armor, or new cloth sets with proper leg armor design (they usually made those really simple because they expect most priests to cover them up with robes). I wouldn't mind if it consisted of off-set pieces either, just to have more variety of choices for mogging would be awesome.

As for set bonuses, I always like the ones that don't just provide some flat +% dmg bonus to ability x, but something that changes the specs rotation in that particular tier at least a little. For example "during Vampiric Embrace, your Mind Sear deals six times as much damage to it's primary target" or "while Shadow Fiend is active, it will cast a second copy of SWP or VT when you do".

Doesn't always have to be a strong dps increase, but would love to see set bonuses that require us to adapt and adjust our rotation just a little bit each new tier.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-05-23 at 09:35 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    I would love for T17 to be robeless and, even more ideally, I would love for the female leggings to have the option to be displayed as stockings (like Paletress!). I like my goblin to be pretty! On the other hand, there has been some awesome robe designs in the past but I'm bothered by the lack of legs when wearing them. I was hoping that the new models might rectify this but that doesn't seem as though it will be the case, which is a shame.

I wish Blizzard would be a little braver in their armour designs. Everything feels very predictable and also very overblown now with designs no longer suggesting either "priest" or even "caster" at times. Most of the unique and individual transmogrification sets I've seen are either built around Robes of the Shifting Sand, Mageweave or robes with plunging necklines (personally I love robes or items which have turtlenecks) which suggests that there is some demand for "skimpier" and simpler items rather than the bloated and over-intricate designs we have at the moment. Which kind of makes sense - playing dress-up and making characters pretty is fun!

For Discipline I would like to see tier bonuses which interact more with our new abilities and help guide the bubbly priests into their new healing roles and identity. This could be, for example, an interplay with Holy Nova for the two piece and then a four piece bonus which interacts with Penance, both as a healing and a regeneration mechanic.

Maybe a set bonus which allows either Holy Nova a chance to "jump" and occur from a person that your initial Holy Nova healed or perhaps even cooler, a chance for Prayer of Mending to cause a Holy Nova centred around the player healed by Prayer of Mending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it cant get much worse imo. The last decent looking set for me was Tier 8/8.5. regarding predicatbility. I dont know who got fired after BC but they should be bring that guy back. Shy away from the obvious and use subtly to make it look 'priestly". For tier bonuses i'd prefer something realtivly bland tbh how strange that may sound, espcially for 4pc. Have too strong set bonuses always leads to gearing issues imo beucase you are always stuck for part of a tier with upgrades in the bank that you cannot use becuase you cannot break that set-bonus. Also would not like see it too closly tied to a specific spell, at least for the first tier. Beucase usually in my experience that usually plays out something like:

-Blizz: Look we made this awesome new spell / reworked talent, you should use it all the time
    -Community: Nah we dont like that, x + x works a lot better.
    -Blizz: Ok, now've tied it into your set bonus and it is now too good for you to ignore, Huzzah!

In my opinion they could play around a lot more with tier sets and break up the 2-4 model, perhaps bring back larger tier sets´and have cosmetic 6 or 8 tier bonuses? Make one tier only a 3 set bonus? Just ideas.

Deleted
    Yes! That would be nice! Move away from knowing that you are going to have a tier set consisting of five pieces with two potential bonuses. Perhaps even (re-)introduce set weapons and trinkets? I kind of miss the old items which allowed you to create "sets" of rings or neck plus ring or trinkets.

Since we wield the light something Naaru themed would fit quite well.

And when speced shadow you'd get the Dark Naaru version.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    It's been a long time since we've had a set that looks like it was inspired more by the Shadow side of the priest sprectrum
    I thought t13 was shadow inspired... I mean, it creeped me out a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    I'd like to see a blindfold so I could look like the woman on the t6 shoulders...

Otherwise maybe something Jewish, I know thematically 'the light' has been pretty catholic focused... I wouldn't mind some diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well it cant get much worse imo. The last decent looking set for me was Tier 8/8.5. regarding predicatbility. I dont know who got fired after BC but they should be bring that guy back. Shy away from the obvious and use subtly to make it look 'priestly". For tier bonuses i'd prefer something realtivly bland tbh how strange that may sound, espcially for 4pc.

In my opinion they could play around a lot more with tier sets and break up the 2-4 model, perhaps bring back larger tier sets´and have cosmetic 6 or 8 tier bonuses? Make one tier only a 3 set bonus? Just ideas.
    I agree with you about the look of our sets. T2, T3, T5, T6, T8 - I love them all. The only good one for me after those sets is the DS set.
    I agree that Sets consisting of 8 pieces with a 2 and 4 bonus (like Sunwell) would be awesome, more flexibility. A 8-bonus that is cometic would be great, too, love that idea.
    I dont agree that the boni should be weak. I love how some setboni change your rotation, your playstyle a bit etc.

For the style I hope for some as awesome styles as in TBC. Maybe something like a pre-version of T6 =)
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2014-05-24 at 10:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    will be some blend of Pope hat and bathroom fixtures with a splash of savage lol
    Sig by Safhira

Iw ould love a Iustitia inspired set (Lady Justice) with a want to be illidan blind fold and a well made white robe to it. Would be perfect for a sec that for once would not have so massive shoulders!

Deleted
    I totally agree with needing a robeless tier. I actually really enjoyed the looks of the T16 legs, but sadly... robes. Always robes. A nice tunic one would definitely be appreciated as most of the cloth tunics in the game are dreadful.

MoP has been the worst expansion for priest tier looks. I didn't think it was possible after Cata, but they really cranked up the awful this expansion!

If they were to do a "robeless" tier, I'd want the offpiece to be the non-robe kind, sort of the opposite of what they did with Mage T8.

A blind justice-themed set would be awesome. A blindfold/halo combo could be cool, with scales for shoulders or uneven robe sleeve lengths.

As for shadow set bonuses, a generic Mind Flay damage buff for 2p and a 4p that influences our T90 talents would be on my wishlist.

Deleted
    something like a dark angel