Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    nobody gets banned for using tmoroph unless you go around in Orgrimmar yelling 'I USE TMORPH BLIZZARD BAN ME' and even then it's unlikely

and even if you do it's not a perma ban

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    tmorph is your friend
    You... you can't tmorph spell graphics. Maybe read the thread before you post.

Edit: Apparently its a mod I didn't know about, imagine that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crembrole View Post
    You... you can't tmorph spell graphics. Maybe read the thread before you post.

Edit: Apparently its a mod I didn't know about, imagine that.
    You can.

.spell <your spell id> <ability spell id you want>
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know and I love my tmorph. But the fact is, there have been banwaves aimed at tmorph.
    Of out curiosity how exactly do they know who to ban? I thought it was only a client side change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Of out curiosity how exactly do they know who to ban? I thought it was only a client side change.
    It is only a client side change, but Blizzard does run a client-side anticheat called Warden - which detects client-side interaction with the RAM assigned to Blizzard games - which is not from the game itself.

So there is always a sort of arms race between Warden and cheaters to see who can either trick Warden into thinking it is not happening, versus detect when it is happening.

The more likely reality to me though, in the case of tmorph - is that they have done the cost benefit analysis and decided it's not worth banning tmorph users (even though they can detect them) - but if tmorph became more popular, so that race change sales went down - that cost/benefit could change: and they would suddenly crack down on tmorph (possibly without warning, since it is already against the rules).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-05-25 at 02:26 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    spriests are ok in multi target but still not of of best ;p and in single target.. they are really bad;p and pulls withouts orbs;p

still 100lvl talents looks really great to give me more options how to dps;p

7+ Year Old Account
    I want mind flay to be able to be channeled while moving, but I won't get my hope up

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I want mind flay to be able to be channeled while moving, but I won't get my hope up
    Considering how Blizzard changed their philosophy about casting on the move in WoD that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It is only a client side change, but Blizzard does run a client-side anticheat client called Warden - which detects client-side interaction with the RAM assigned to Blizzard games - which is not from the game itself.

So there is always a sort of arms race between Warden and cheaters to see who can either trick Warden into thinking it is not happening, versus detect when it is happening.

The more likely reality to me though, in the case of tmorph - is that they have done the cost benefit analysis and decided it's not worth banning tmorph users (even though they can detect them) - but if tmorph became more popular, so that race change sales went down - that cost/benefit could change: and they would suddenly crack down on tmorph (possibly without warning, since it is already against the rules).
    Ah yeah I knew about Warden, must have slipped my mind. And i guess you're right, they rarely bother with software that allows you to change your appearance unless you're exploiting the game world by doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Last time we QQ about damage on the move in 5.0 we finally got Glyph of Mind Flay in 5.2.

Deleted
    I'll still play it i think i like having the option to heal if needed