Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You don't really need 8 hours of sleep each night. You could easily make due with 6-6.5 hrs.
    Meh we all have a different bra size. "Ideally" adults need around 8. I rarely can sleep for 8 hours. I'm usually between 4 and6 hours.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Wow I had no idea this would get this many replies. Thank you everyone for the advice, I feel a lot of it is very good. I guess I was a little vague with the info... My wife plays wow with me and we have been married four years so I by no means neglect her (lol at the comment about Clara from the guild). My full time job is an extremely well paid mechanical engineering co-op for the summer between my senior year and my first year of grad school (so I will have two more years to enjoy a semi-free schedule). My wife and myself are living with my father in law for the summer while I work to be closer, which is why it is so easy for him to rope me into conversations.

I think cutting down on my sleep a bit may be a good idea in the long run, I have just always been a wussy and waking up in the morning is the hardest part of my day. (That's why I budgeted 1.5 hours for it, hitting the snooze button once or twice, showering, eating breakfast, I stagger around a while trying to make sure I don't forget anything in the mornings while my brain wakes up.)

I think that quitting wow is probably the most likely option in the long run. My wife is pretty big into horses, and I am going to focus on controls/robotics in grad school so hopefully my inner nerd can be satisfied at work and I can go riding with her and what not a bit more once I get home from work. I've been depressed about this for a few weeks as silly as that sounds but seeing all of you who have gone through the same thing has really helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You don't really need 8 hours of sleep each night. You could easily make due with 6-6.5 hrs.
    It depends. Some people, like Donald Trump, claim that 3-4 hours a day for them is enough. I personally feel really great only after 8.5 hrs: I can make it in busy time with about 6.5 hours a day and not feel especially off, but then I need 1-2 days of 10 hours a day to catch up and recover. I know a girl who sleeps 10 hours a day: if she sleeps less than 9, she cannot think straight throughout the day. It varies greatly from person to person.