Thread: Heroic Thok 25m

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Very true, like I said, I don't disagree at all. Personally I just prefer saving it for the ice phase. We have 3 fury warriors, a Surv hunter, 2 ret pallies, me (prot war), as well as a few heavy hitters in the heavy burst aoe club that aren't coming to mind right off the bat (lol bat, bats) and the warriors are holding their recks for bats so they started getting annihilated once we got into phase 2 for the ~3rd time.

If I remember correctly on one of the better phase 2's the bats were dead when i still had ~6 seconds left on shockwave, and right before screech 6. I cant speak for who of our dps did/didn't pot I'm speaking from a tanking standpoint, where at ~300k+ AP from Vengeance another ~2k AP isn't going to do anything for me and I'll benefit more from using it before a taunt in the ice phase where my Veng. has fallen off already.

Should have clarified that earlier I thought I typed it in my head but apparently the thought didn't reach my keyboard lol.

Bumping this so I can link to guild. 25H, bats are wrecking us...we don't start Devo chain until 14 stacks in P1 and I think that's an issue.

We save Bloodlust and second pots as well as bigger DPS CDs for the bats. For Warlocks, I hugely recommend glyphing Unending Resolve to decrease it's cd to 2 minutes - you should be able to use it after the Devo Chains on first phase and it'll be back up for bats, and that's 8s of uninterrupted AoE on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Bumping this so I can link to guild. 25H, bats are wrecking us...we don't start Devo chain until 14 stacks in P1 and I think that's an issue.
    How many devos do you have anyway? Starting at 14 is fine if you don't have many paladins to work with.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If you are running two healing priests, make sure that they are staggering their divine star. Example: first one on first roar, second priest on second roar and then each on cooldown thereafter. Similarly have each of your healing classes coordinate their bursts (healing stream totem, mushroom bloom) that aren't assigned as major raid cooldowns. We also assign who starts where for PW:S, rejuv, riptide to divide up the shields and hots. (Lol, the one first where healing assignments work well).

We save dps cooldowns for bats (and second potions). We also have the capacitor totems on a rotation there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    If you are running two healing priests, make sure that they are staggering their divine star. Example: first one on first roar, second priest on second roar and then each on cooldown thereafter. Similarly have each of your healing classes coordinate their bursts (healing stream totem, mushroom bloom) that aren't assigned as major raid cooldowns. We also assign who starts where for PW:S, rejuv, riptide to divide up the shields and hots. (Lol, the one first where healing assignments work well).

We save dps cooldowns for bats (and second potions). We also have the capacitor totems on a rotation there.
    assigning riptides, rejuvs etc is pretty useless. Doesn't matter if 1 person has 2x hots and someone else has none, because then smart heals will target the guy with none more than the guy with 2x. Evens out in the end, just makes it more complicated than it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    My guild simply forces P2 at 8ish stacks in poison phase, we stack when bats reach 10-20% health.
    As long as your dps is solid, you should be able to kill the boss easily if you can reach ~28 stacks of frost phase 1.
    Which you should, since all CD's used in P1 should come back up by then.

Also, make one of your dps/tanks stun the big bats when they start aoe-draining HP, reduces raid damage immensively.
    Yep, all of that is how my guild handles it too. The second stack phase with the Bats is the most dangerous point of the fight since most healing cooldowns aren't ready, the Bats do a lot of AoE damage, and there's a lot of DoT's being spread by Thok's acid breath. Use your second pots for AoE'ing the bats down, then end the phase quickly.

If your DPS is high enough you won't even need a 'Fire' phase - though you'll probably end up having a few deaths while Thok gets to high stacks chasing people during his last few %.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have many issues on thok due to a short poison phase. This is by far the most healing intensive part of the fight. We push 26-28 in phase one. 10 stacks during first kite phase. We lust and pot for poison phase, chain three monk stuns on the bats, and stack immediately when there dead. Frost phase we repeat the cooldowns from phase one, pushing for 26-28 stacks. Ten stacks during fixate, then just stack and move the boss during fire. We aim to transition out of fire phase as quick as we can and kill the boss during the fixate after fire, sometimes during fire phase.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.