Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    What country do you live in (cause it certainly isn't the U.S.)?
    Indeed. And not one of the Commonwealth countries either (unless the poster doesn't know what their rights in a restaurant are). Hell, in New Zealand, if something isn't cooked the way I ordered or it's cold or whatever, I can keep sending it back until they get it right.

EDIT: though, on the flip side, a person in NZ can't be fired if they're having a bad day and they're surly (though they can be issued a warning, a written one if it's bad enough). Employees have as many rights as the employers.
    Last edited by Baneusprime; 2014-05-14 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would talk to owner and then walked away and never would come back to this place
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you know, i hate restaurants that bring you bread when you didn't ask for it, but don't mention anything about costs, then try and charge you like £5 at the end for it. happened to me in some Italian restaurant in Bristol, made a fuss at the end and they removed the charge even though we ate the bread!
    Britain has quite strong consumer protection laws, and charging people for something they didn't order without telling them it has a cost - especially an item that is often given free in restaurants such as bread - is probably illegal.

ask for some jelly for my toast

Deleted
    Turn into a Tentacle monster and improve her day.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I was really hungry I'd probably just eat the toast but I'd make sure afterwards I'd only pay for a toast and not the thing I actually ordered (if the thing I ordered was more expensive than the toast that is).

Ya'll need to relax a bit.

Like this one time the pizza-guy told me they accidentally put 1 extra topping (kebab meat) on my pizza and I told them it was all good, no biggie.

I'd try and cheer her up. I don't care, I'm easily amused and have plenty of time. If someone's having a bad day, I'd rather let her vent at me (someone who doesn't give a rats ass about someone being grumpy) and lose out on a good tip than let her keep having a bad day and lose her job. Besides... maybe she'll fancy me and I'll get to have some fun :P

Tell the person that I didn't order that. If the person refuses to bring me the proper meal asap I talk to the manager, if the person does I just reduce the tip. Being unfriendly already drops the tip massivly and I usually give bigger tips to make round summs.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-05-14 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    I'd try and cheer her up. I don't care, I'm easily amused and have plenty of time. If someone's having a bad day, I'd rather let her vent at me (someone who doesn't give a rats ass about someone being grumpy) and lose out on a good tip than let her keep having a bad day and lose her job. Besides... maybe she'll fancy me and I'll get to have some fun :P
    Keep dreaming , Loverboy!

I would refuse to pay and speak to the manager , who gives a fuck if you're having a bad day. When I'm having a bad day I treat my customers all the same , they are paying you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Keep dreaming , Loverboy!

I would refuse to pay and speak to the manager , who gives a fuck if you're having a bad day. When I'm having a bad day I treat my customers all the same , they are paying you to do that.
    That gif is amazing. OMG.

I get it, I really do. I never said I would be paying for spaghetti, I'd pay for toast until I got my spaghetti. That said, there's no point in being a dick about it, she's already having a bad day, putting a smile on her face will help the business as much as her, plus I get feel goods when I help someone feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    That gif is amazing. OMG.

I get it, I really do. I never said I would be paying for spaghetti, I'd pay for toast until I got my spaghetti. That said, there's no point in being a dick about it, she's already having a bad day, putting a smile on her face will help the business as much as her, plus I get feel goods when I help someone feel better.

Look , I disagree with you and thats just the sort of person I am , But my mother is alot like you. She always says that you have no idea what strangers are going through and that if you knew you would probably be less hostile to there bad manners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I'd take her to the back and bang her
    This. Sounds like she's got a lot of stress, could use some help.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    This. Sounds like she's got a lot of stress, could use some help.

/sarcasm
    Yup she is obviously a tsundere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I'd say I ordered spaghetti and coffee and probably get a free dessert as a result of the mistake.
    Probably so, as long as you talk to a manager. They'll do anything to keep you in the restaurant.

However, this is a really bad hypothetical, as it's very unlikely to happen. I'm usually nice about telling someone I didn't order that. Especially given how many people go through to get that order there. If the server gave you the wrong food, then it's a simple mix up, and your food is probably waiting in the back. If the food is cooked wrong, then it could be one of four or five people on the line. If it's not prepared right, it's expo's fault. So there's only a small chance the server did anything wrong. Unless your food is cold, then it's totally their fault.

Now, if you were a frequent member, and the mistakes were common, then I'd understand getting legitimately upset. Even then, I would just explain whatever to a manager.

Deleted
    Use the opportunity to strike up a conversation someone at the next table, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Might even meet someone awesome, then the bitchiness would have been worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give restaurants a 3 strikes your out rule. Meaning if they botch my stuff three times in say, a month, I'm done. I know people make mistakes and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and try again hoping for better food.

If I got something I didn't order, I'd just say "Hey this isn't what I ordered" and ask for what I did order. I'd also complain about the waitress. If I didn't get my order I'd leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    I give restaurants a 3 strikes your out rule. Meaning if they botch my stuff three times in say, a month, I'm done. I know people make mistakes and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and try again hoping for better food.

If I got something I didn't order, I'd just say "Hey this isn't what I ordered" and ask for what I did order. I'd also complain about the waitress. If I didn't get my order I'd leave.
    Just 3 times? I give it only one chance. However it depends on a type of fu** up.
    If i get the wrong drink...its okay.
    However if i get a waiter who refuses to do its job or the food sucks (not cooked or not made right) i am out for good.
    Now for a little bonus:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    *Not pay: That's illegal, pretty much, even when you don't get what you want.
    there is no law that says you have to pay for things you didn't ask for, what if you asked for a burger and they brought out 50 lobsters? if you say you didn't order that you can just walk away.

Deleted
    First I'd tell her that she would make quite a bit of money in a tsundere cafe. Then I'd repeat my order, slowly and with proper pronounciation. If I still don't get it: yay, free toast and water, and off I go.

Deleted
    If they gave you food you didn't order you have the right to eat it and refuse to pay.

Source: i work in restaurant business.