Thread: Chain Heal

Deleted

Chain Heal

I'm not sure if I have missed anything, but when I'm not on my shaman raiding in PuGs being the BrM monk, Rshamans don't use Chain Heal. Maybe like 6 casts on an entire fight.
    We currently have a trial like that. We raid 10m, he does not use Glyph of Chaining, but his CH is not even in his top 5 healing spells.

For example Nazgrim:
    1. HST (talented)
    2. Healing Rain
    3. Healing Wave (glyphed)
    4. Riptide (glyphed)
    5. Ancestral Awakening

My list is very different because I decided to talent conductivity (which I always do when we don't have a druid's efflo).
    I'm wondering if it's a viable playstyle, or if either of us is doing something not optimal. Any opinions on this?

It partly depends on play style, but particularly in 10m, Chain Heal is not that great.

Well, just looking at that alone, just compare it to the shaman above them, top heal is Chain Heal. I'm not sure why you wouldn't use it, it's a great heal, even if you like Conductivity and Riptide glyphed, Chain Heal is just too strong I'd say to skip. It's usually within my top 5 heals personally.

Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    It partly depends on play style, but particularly in 10m, Chain Heal is not that great.
    As long as you're using the Glyph, it's still pretty good in 10m. At least in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, just looking at that alone, just compare it to the shaman above them, top heal is Chain Heal. I'm not sure why you wouldn't use it, it's a great heal, even if you like Conductivity and Riptide glyphed, Chain Heal is just too strong I'd say to skip. It's usually within my top 5 heals personally.

As long as you're using the Glyph, it's still pretty good in 10m. At least in my experience.
    Nail on the head. Glyph of Chaining makes Chain Heal pretty good for a 10m environment.

Deleted
    I've asked him about it when he made his application. He feels like it makes the spell too clunky as it adds a 2sec cooldown. I'm just wondering if it feels too clunky with a cooldown, then why isn't he casting it without the glyph? Though lately he's been running what I assume are glyphs for Garrosh (Capacitor + grounding). So I'm not too sure what I should think about it.
    He said he's working to a high crit build, down from a mastery one. We're looking into making the swap into 25m soon, so I guess the CH question won't be a problem in that environment. I'm not an officer, and I'm not sure if I'll be asked for my opinion, but I'm still trying to get a good overview. As I'm always looking for ways to improve myself also.

Edit, I also just noticed he doesn't even remotely cast UE as often as Healing Rain...
    Last edited by mmoc9ad7219eee; 2014-05-14 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    For most of the fights chain heal is simply overkill and not needed. It makes no sense to chain heal if you have HST out and HR. Anything will be back up in a matter of seconds anyway.

It is okay on Malkorok nhc, and Spoils HC.

Let's take calamity for example. If I drop the HR after the big calamity there is just no other damage except sha sear going in. So why would I commit more mana to the healing then simply HR? Most likely you will have your HST out at the same time, which for me already crits for 200k+ and I only have 560 gear.

So I have HR giving me 200k HPS and HST pulsing for an average of 300k (on 2 persons).

You could also go and UE the chainheal in that situation. Noncrit on a full target it hits for 100k, so with crit a bit of damage (we always have a little bit of mastery flying around anyway) we are looking at 250k crit value or 1mil heal tops, but leaving half the group without heal for a second or two longer. So here it comes down to preference. You might like CH more, I prefer HR and being efficient, so that I can be lenient on judgement calls about when to start emergency healing.

Deleted
    Assuming Healing Rain is being used. Then I agree with what you said.
    At over 80% mastery it's probably better to wait with heals instead of trying to top everyone off anyway.
    UE is hardly ever used on his part. Twice during a 5min fight.

I can't find the log for him and the holy paladin on Malkorok, as I wasn't in the group. When the paladin told him to heal people with red/orange shields, he stated "it's fine because my hps is more than you" to the paladin. I think that if it was my call I'd have failed his trial right then and there.

Deleted
    As a 25 man raider 14/14 heroic chain heal is used almost every fight on cooldown in most occasions bar those special few fights that you're stacked up and don't need the glyph such as Norushen. When i tried out 10 man heroic during the christmas break I found it still had its uses while 2 healing encounters but it did feel a little less potent. Infact I felt quite held back almost compared to other healers when it comes to spread healing. I felt as If I should of ahd enother spell to be using in order to cope with the raid being spread.

As for stat's in a 10 man or 25 man crit is the only way to go, about 9000 haste depending on latency then full out crit. Drop as much spirit as possible and if you have around 40% crit and are happy with that then you can touch up on a bit of mastery. Depending on the fight, I think 6 chain heal casts seems quite low even for 10 man tbh.

Glyphed Healing Wave and Riptide?
    Odd choices for sure. I get the feeling this player set their glyphs once and hasn't looked back since. I'm not the sort of player that swaps glyphs and talents for every fight or anything, but you do need to revisit choices regularly.

The CH glyph is clunky feeling for a very short while, but you quickly get used to it and don't even notice it's there, and in a 10m or flex environment it's practically mandatory for the extra reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"