Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bully for him?
    No, just being clear, are you saying he's wrong?

Maybe? Not sure how you'd measure it or why it matters though.
    Wealth is the factor. The rest is just racism and sexism by social justice hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Wealth is the factor. The rest is just racism and sexism by social justice hypocrites.
    Job application call back rates and sentencing disparities don't have much of anything to do with wealth. Racism and sexism are alive still in this country. Its a lot better than the 60s or what have you, but its still there.

Job application call back rates and sentencing disparities don't have much of anything to do with wealth. Racism and sexism are alive still in this country. Its a lot better than the 60s or what have you, but its still there.
    A good lawyer can't help you get a lighter sentence? Tell that to the black celebrities who get a slap on the wrist for drug charges that land everyone else (who isn't wealthy) in prison.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

A good lawyer can't help you get a lighter sentence? Tell that to the black celebrities who get a slap on the wrist for drug charges that land everyone else (who isn't wealthy) in prison.
    Not limited to black celebrities by any means. Pete Doherty was only fined after walking into a court with 13 wraps of heroin, which fell out as he was leaving and which were subsequently discovered.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...in-pocket.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Not limited to black celebrities by any means. Pete Doherty was only fined after walking into a court with 13 wraps of heroin, which fell out as he was leaving and which were subsequently discovered.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...in-pocket.html
    When did I say anything about it being limited only to black celebrities? I've explicitly said that wealth is the factor. If race was such a critical factor in sentencing, black celebrities would get screwed, too.

I agree there is a disparity, but imo, it's because blacks are predominately poor and have shit legal defense options, not that the system is somehow systemically racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Good thing every black person is wealthy.
    Good thing you missed the point (surprise, surprise.)

When did I say anything about it being limited only to black celebrities? I've explicitly said that wealth is the factor. If race was such a critical factor in sentencing, black celebrities would get screwed, too.

I agree there is a disparity, but imo, it's because blacks are predominately poor and have shit legal defense options, not that the system is somehow systemically racist.
    Not disputing what you said; though I was focusing mainly on the part about having a good lawyer. If the average joe had even a few grams of heroin upon their person, they'd probably be looking at jail time; yet in that instance, the celebrity in question received nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a petty fine.

Justice indeed.

I didn't miss the point. You insist on ignoring the point every time you come into one of these threads to distract everyone from the continued existence of racism and sexism to insist they aren't really problems because wealth also confers advantages on people.
    Racism and sexism are real problems. But, the people responsible aren't the ones you think they are.

People bitching about white privilege are no different than the KKK, it's bigoted hatred plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    People bitching about white privilege are no different than the KKK, it's bigoted hatred plain and simple.
    Hey! Only gays and gay marriage supporters can use that word!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Hey! Only gays and gay marriage supporters can use that word!
    Forgot to check my heterosexual privilege. Damnit!

This doesn't even warrant a real response. It's just plain laughable.
    Right, because someone who says white men only date black women because they want to pretend they are a slave master isn't a racist extremists.

Not disputing what you said; though I was focusing mainly on the part about having a good lawyer. If the average joe had even a few grams of heroin upon their person, they'd probably be looking at jail time; yet in that instance, the celebrity in question received nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a petty fine.

Justice indeed.
    Today I learned that possession of a personal amount of class A drugs lands you in prison.

Meanwhile in reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

They definitely seem racist, but that isn't actually relevant to the topic at hand.
    Maybe it's not relevant to you because it makes you uncomfortable, but it's pretty fucking relevant when it's from a feminist blog about white male privilege.

It's not relevant because the phenomena described by the privilege concept exists whether or not some of the people advocating it are themselves bigots. My own feelings on the subject, even if they were what you described, are as irrelevant as this tangent you are going off on.
    The privilege concept exists, it just has little or nothing to do with race or sex, contrary to the baseless and unsubstantiated claims made by people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Today I learned that possession of a personal amount of class A drugs lands you in prison.

Meanwhile in reality...
    https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing

Any normal citizen would've been getting prison time or an unlimited fine. Funny how the penalties work in this country when you're a celebrity however. 13 wraps of heroin getting you a £750 fine beggars belief.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-05-15 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're unsure what white privilege means, or male privilege, review this.
    Might want the headphones on for this, as it's got a bit of profanity. Suggestive themes (lol).
    That being said, instead of attacking the people that have the privilege, why not address the system that prevents other people from enjoying similar privilege?
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing

Any normal citizen would've been getting prison time or an unlimited fine. Funny how the penalties work in this country when you're a celebrity however. 13 wraps of heroin getting you a £750 fine beggars belief.
    Unfortunately this just leads me to believe you have had very little or zero experience in drugs, drug dealing, the police, and the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

None of this changes the actual statistics on racial disparities in sentencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's some powerful stupid right there.

Right, because someone who says white men only date black women because they want to pretend they are a slave master isn't a racist extremists.
    Well, I know the reason that I've been in relationships in pure colonialism. I'm a big fan of oppressing proud women of color. What other reason could their possibly be? That's just what white shitlords do.

Racism and sexism are real problems. But, the people responsible aren't the ones you think they are.

God, are all white people this stupid?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.