Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, they sat around and figured out a way to make raid nerfs more grindy? Gratz on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    I'm one of those "casuals" (... checking ...) with 714,000 Timeless Coins, so these changes sound fine to me.

Really I don't care about them either way.
    If you have over 10k timeless coins, you aren't a casual.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    If I wasn't a casual I would have several million by now.

I do the weeklies on 1-4 toons per week and don't have a single character past honored with Shaohao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    So, they sat around and figured out a way to make raid nerfs more grindy? Gratz on that one.
    So you took a positive change and could only look at it in a negative light, gratz on that one.

Newsflash: Nobody is forcing you to upgrade your gear, you're simply given the possibility if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Oh yeah having over 10k timeless coins is a privilige only for the 0.9% elitist jerks.

Deleted
    It's hilarious how people manage to always find something to bitch about.
    If you don't like it, don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to farm valor and upgrade your gear even further - if you let someone force you to do it, it's your fault and your fault alone.

Personally, I'm glad about it. Sitting at valor cap for weeks without having anything to spend them on anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    If you don't like it, don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to farm valor and upgrade your gear even further - if you let someone force you to do it, it's your fault and your fault alone.

Personally, I'm glad about it. Sitting at valor cap for weeks without having anything to spend them on anymore.
    So true always a case of no matter what Blizz do there is always someone who will bitch and moan about something.. I for one am happy for this I now have something to spend my valor points on as capped at 3000 on 3 toons for ages..

Best nerf to a raid blizz has done without nerfing a raid!! Maybe Warlords will fill this model where they gate gear upgrading. What a genious carrot on a stick to keep people subbed or resub.

I just wish they upgraded all Timeless gear and Burden to 522 & 550, respectively. Its late enough in the xpac.....let people get them kills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Maybe Warlords will fill this model where they gate gear upgrading.
    It won't have any upgrading at all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    I heard world-pvp died when flying in azeroth got introduced.
    World pvp died when folks just CBFed with it.. I think in the last 9 or so years that I have been playing I have not seen that much wpvp going.. Though the most notorious was when horde would get into pre cata Ironforge and just cause havoc and just be plain annoying.. The only other time was when you had grps killing the city leaders for either For The Horde or For The Alliance achievements and mounts.. And well that has pretty much stopped now since pretty much everyone has done it now and there is no desire or need by people to do it..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Disagree. Worst part is clearly the PvP portions and having 10 PvE geared noobs trying to get a win for their legendary quest.

No word of a lie, this part of the quest has taken me LONGER on some toons than the 3k valor....rofl...
    I did this for my Wives hunter because she hates PVP. Figures I get the Silvershard achievement in a random pug not allowing the other team to cap a single cart. If you're Alliance, winning both those bg's is a feat of strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    With that stupid logic why upgrade gear at all that is going to be useless is a few months? pointless comment is pointless.
    Really? So you think it's normal to get upset over having to upgrade 3 sets of gear which will be completely reset in a few months? Unless you are progressing in raid content there really is no point. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's worked this way every expansion. Once beta hits and we see the new gear it's going to be even worse.

at least with timeless isle gear and lfr gear people wont have too much trouble meeting the 540ilevel for flex pugs now. I think this change is great for anyone trying to get their foot in the door to the next tier of raiding without just straight up handing them the purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

This has a much greater impact than just people bitching at not wanting to do heroic scenarios. If you don't realize that this causes way more problems than it solves then I'm sorry but you're not paying attention to how the game currently works.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    at least with timeless isle gear and lfr gear people wont have too much trouble meeting the 540ilevel for flex pugs now. I think this change is great for anyone trying to get their foot in the door to the next tier of raiding without just straight up handing them the purples.
    Of course this can also mean that pugs starts requiring 545+, which leaves them in the exact same spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Of course this can also mean that pugs starts requiring 545+, which leaves them in the exact same spot.
    I think that this exactly what will happen. As soon as the average item level of players goes up, so will the average requirement for pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Stupidest shit I've ever heard. I already capped valor for weeks getting all my gear upgraded I don't want to redo it because other people can't down bosses.
    I've read this comment quite a few times since they put this info out last night. Why do people feel they -HAVE- to get VP to upgrade gear? I read one guy say he was going to "have to resub to get his ilvl back to the max he could before quitting again", say what? The ilvl is nice, the gear boost is nice, and imo this is 100% better than blizz doing yet another "5% nerf/buff in raid zone applied every month until it gets to 35%". What's all the fuss about? It's not free power, you have to earn the VP, and if you don't want to farm it don't, an extra 8 ilvl on all your gear won't make or break you if you're any good at what you're playing, but it can definitely help. Plus, now I can progress my druid just a little bit further, which I really like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k31zoaV-U

I clear bronze, silver, and attempt gold proving grounds! Tank mode of course. Warlock, tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    I've read this comment quite a few times since they put this info out last night. Why do people feel they -HAVE- to get VP to upgrade gear?
    Stopped here. You don't understand how heroic guilds work.

That's fine. All gear gets outdated eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    You have content on farm, who cares what it means to you. This change was not meant to please people who cleared the instance on all difficulties.
    Because I'd like to do more in the game than farm on my main? Have you payed any attention to the state of the entire game? They'd be better off just nerfing the raid if that's their goal. Instead they're screwing over everyone.

Adding a grind to people already heroic geared.
    Increasing the gap from pvp-geared players.
    Leaving new/returning players further behind than they already are. Have you tried gearing an alt recently?

They're just trying to cling on to their subs by stretching out content.

Deleted
    Because I'd like to do more in the game than farm on my main? Have you payed any attention to the state of the entire game? They'd be better off just nerfing the raid if that's their goal. Instead they're screwing over everyone.
    Subjective opinion on screwing over everyone. With 5.4.8 valor upgrades there also comes a much faster progress of legendary quest line progression and a doubling of valor gained on a capped characters' alts. If you're going to argue do it objectively rather than what you intepret to be happening.

Adding a grind to people already heroic geared.
    Giving people who grind heroic something else to spend their constantly capped valor on you mean?

Increasing the gap from pvp-geared players.
    Your only strong point, but still a half truth. The only thing that's affected is world pvp. Arenas and BGs still have a standardised ilvl.

Leaving new/returning players further behind than they already are. Have you tried gearing an alt recently?
    Yup. Dinged on tuesday and currently sitting on 517 ilvl today. Not to mention the increase in drop rates on heirlooms, increase on legendary questline progression speed on alts and increase on valor gain on alts. Seems easier to me now.

They're just trying to cling on to their subs by stretching out content.
    At least we've got something more interesting than we had with DS and that atrocity that was Ruby Sanctum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Giving people who grind heroic something else to spend their constantly capped valor on you mean?

Yup. Dinged on tuesday and currently sitting on 517 ilvl today. Not to mention the increase in drop rates on heirlooms, increase on legendary questline progression speed on alts and increase on valor gain on alts. Seems easier to me now.
    Lol, 517? Wow didn't realize you were already 50 ilvls behind.

People who do heroic are constantly capped yes, but clearing SoO alone doesn't cap them in a week so I don't know what your point is.

World pvp is the reason prideful was added.