Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

New Mount Preview - Is That a Saddle, Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8

Artcraft - Huntress of Teldrassil - New Night Elf Female Character Model

New Mount Preview - Is That a Saddle?

Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Gear changes are coming! First, in Patch 5.4.8 (which is currently in testing on the PTR), all upgradable epic items introduced to the game in Patch 5.4 will be given the option to upgrade 2 more times for a grand total of 16 item levels. This change will be applied to all items found on the Timeless Isle and in Siege of Orgrimmar. For instance, if you have an item level 553 Greatsword of Pride’s Fall and its Upgrade Level is 2/2 making it item level 561, once the new patch goes live it will display 2/4 and allow you the opportunity to bump it up to item level 569. Whether you’re working on a newly boosted character or progressing through Siege of Orgrimmar, we hope this change will provide you with the extra punch you need to take down your foes.

Second, we are also adding a new token called Deeds of Valor which will cost 3000 Timeless Coins, and can be used to grant your character 100 Valor Points. Players who wish to purchase the new token can do so by visiting Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court. Keep in mind, these tokens won’t allow you to go above the current weekly cap on Valor, but they do provide you an extra option to gain the points you may need so you can upgrade your gear.

Will this Deed of Valor be soulbound or account bound?
    They are currently planned to be BoP.

are they adding another 8 ilvls to the Garrosh Heirlooms?
    No, the heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh won't be affected by this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok... Da !@#$ is that? It's like a spider-fish-ant abomination! KILL IT! WITH FIRE!

Ugh, more item upgrading? They're removing reforging, but I would honestly rather see them remove upgrading first. It's just a pointless Valor sink that is pretty much mandatory. They claim that reforging was a not fun min/maxing mechanic, but I find upgrading to be even more not fun. It adds way less than reforging ever did.

I'll take 3 please

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States of America, Rapture, or Orgrimmar
    =O I don't know if I should be crying from awesome or wetting myself in terror... I think I'll just do
    both...

Coolest mount I've ever seen, hands down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Ugh, more item upgrading? They're removing reforging, but I would honestly rather see them remove upgrading first. It's just a pointless Valor sink that is pretty much mandatory. They claim that reforging was an not fun min/maxing mechanic, but I find upgrading to be even more not fun. It adds way less than reforging ever did.
    This is Blizzards way of nerfing SOO without slapping 30% reduces hp / damage done on things.

I think it's the lesser evil, though I agree it's not a very fun system.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks like a feral quiraji battle tank. I must have it.

Well at least the new store mounts are explicitly ground mounts. It'd be ballsy of Blizz to keep selling new flying mounts while removing flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fuck is Blizzard doing with the poor qiraji mounts? That thing should be killed, not put on the store.

Here is the nerf to SoO people asked for, 2 more upgrades.

A primordial ravager maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    WTF is that thing?
    My initial thought was, "That looks like an insectoid race of Old God followers that may show up in Warlords".

The wing membrane texture really screamed mantid-like to me. Perhaps these creatures will be related to a future patch?

that mount is very odd.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It looks like a giant red raven claw with a face or a Qiraj battle tank, Maybe the wings are like the same thing like a chopper and it'll be a flying mount.

That skull destroy everything, for that skull the mount is ugly, the rest is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    My initial thought was, "That looks like an insectoid race of Old God followers that may show up in Warlords".

The wing membrane texture really screamed mantid-like to me. Perhaps these creatures will be related to a future patch?
    looks like the battle tank mounts on steroids and armored.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow....

I want that mount!

WTB animated video of that mount!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    I can understand they want to do a last minute "last chance to kill Garry" but it feels like a pain to go through weeks to upgrade all my gear again. Something to do I guess.

That mount though.