Disconnection Bug Going Around?

Hey everybody, I've been getting disconnected a lot recently like the game will stop responding although I can still talk to others but unable to do anything. I mentioned this in my trade chat and got a few replies that they've been having the same problem too. I talked to a GM and he said its the anti virus program but I find that false considering the Anti virus programs he suggested and people I talked to had the ones he suggested.

Any who is anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it? I've tried to re download WoW, play the game without addons, but nothing worked. If someone had this problem and fixed it I greatly appreciate it.

Wait.. a GM told you it could be an anti virus program.. and you say it cant be.. because the people experiencing D/C issues also have this anti-virus program?

Edit: Oh nevermind didnt see that he suggested anti-virus programs.. my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Hey everybody, I've been getting disconnected a lot recently like the game will stop responding although I can still talk to others but unable to do anything. I mentioned this in my trade chat and got a few replies that they've been having the same problem too. I talked to a GM and he said its the anti virus program but I find that false considering the Anti virus programs he suggested and people I talked to had the ones he suggested.

Any who is anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it? I've tried to re download WoW, play the game without addons, but nothing worked. If someone had this problem and fixed it I greatly appreciate it.
    So, anti-virus, firewall, and "internet security" programs are the most likely candidate for this sort of disconnect, and especially partial disconnect, problem. If they block -- or worse, sometimes block -- the connections that wow uses to talk to the servers you can see this. What you describe, where your actions stop, but you can chat, sound like some-but-not-all of the connections are being blocked.

Check your settings in those application, make sure wow is whitelisted. Check your hosts file, too, if you ever touched it to, oh, exploit the TLPD or something. (Not saying you did, just sayin' that some people have this issue because of it.)

It could be settings in your router, or it could be some sort of DNS problem. Finally, try talking to your ISP and see if it might be something on their network causing this.

I'd be happy to take a look at the issue as well. If you want, go ahead and post the ticket ID# for your submission to us so that I can review the info that was sent in. When you log into the Battle.net site, you'll see 'Support' near the top, and then 'Your Support Tickets'. Selecting that will show you your index of support issues. Thx!

If it is my router and it has problems with WoW connecting, what would I do to check it?