Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Are you serious? It's that soon?

That didn't seem like much of a trailer though. Was just a recap.

Must have had more resources devoted to this episode since the wolf among us had its season finale already?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Oh. My. God.

I've just finished the episode...

I'm going to need to take some time off from my computer...

WHY! WHY! Did Luke have to die? I believed him! I shot those walkers! I... couldn't break him out in time! Why did we have to split up? And...

Why didn't I have the guts to kill Kenny before it was too late, even though I [I]knew I had to?[/I] I loved Jane, and I wanted to save her, but chose to do nothing! I even refused to go in, just so I could stay with him... and he's still dangerous! But I can't kill him! Oh God; I can't take this!

Best. Telltale. Episode. Ever.

Jane turns out to be a lying bitch as you find out. I shot Kenny and his death is probably the saddest thing in either series.

And then I promptly told Jane to fuck right off (Clem actually uses "Fuck" for the first time I think in either series here) and went alone with AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Jane turns out to be a lying bitch as you find out. I shot Kenny and his death is probably the saddest thing in either series.

And then I promptly told Jane to fuck right off (Clem actually uses "Fuck" for the first time I think in either series here) and went alone with AJ.
    I think it was quite obvious that Jane didn't kill AJ to begin with; what she was trying to do was to prove to Clemntine thathat she was blindly following a dangerous man who, although he says he loves her, is ultimately going to kill her. Loyalty to whom loyalty is due.

All Jane ever wanted was to convince herself that she wasn't a selfish, unloving, uncaring sister. She tries to help Clemntine because... Clem [I]is[/I] Jane's sister. I don't know how I could ever leave her to die; I wish I could've brought her with me. She was developing into a good, moral person, though my misguided loyalty to Kenny got the best of me.

The loner ending seems the most tragic; a twelve year old, all alone with a child, in a dark world filled with human nature unrestrained - lust, pride, hatred - she's become what Jane was: a young girl who had the potential to enjoy living, but was too caught up always worrying about survivng, not giving people a chance. When she donned the walker camoflauge, she ceased to be a human being: she joined the [I]walking dead[/I]. Because, that's who the series' title is refering to; not the zombies, but the humans themselves who have rejected [I]living[/I] and have xhoosen spiritua [I]death[/I], even if they are still biologically living

I found it very sad - and yet somewhat relieving - that Kenny knew who he truly became at the end (in both endings). When he's shot, he admits it, and hearing it from him firmly convinced me that parting ways was the best thing. And when he leaves Clemntine of his own accord, I felt sad, and yet... relieved to hear that he's doing the right thing. I think that was the most heart breaking ending; even though he's bad and you [I]have[/I] to leave him... you can't help but feel like you should give him yet another chance and stay.

I find it quite sad that if Lee came back from the dead and found the Clemntine of today; he wouldn't recgnize her. At all.

I found that the 'shoot Kenny' ending was the most satisfying, as it completely solved three arcs at once: Kenny rest's Clem's doubts and un-due loyalty to peace (while he himself finds lasting peace and returns to his family); Jane finds a second chance at being a sister with lil'Clem at her side, and Clemntine retains the principles Lee ever so carefully instilled into her.

Walking Dead: S2 is one of my most favorite games of all time now; even if it's not actually a game. Definitely a keeper. But... even as much as I am sad that the story is over... I think it's best for Telltale to leave Clemntine's story there. Let us remember her for who we chose to let her become at the end, not as how a writer says she must be for her to kickstart season 3. A new season doesn't neccesarily all the main characters from the previous season to be great. I'm sure a Bonne/Mike/Arvoo story would be sufficient.

But most importantly: "Its not about how the journey ends; it's about the journey it'self."

I think it was quite obvious that Jane didn't kill AJ to begin with; what she was trying to do was to prove to Clemntine thathat she was blindly following a dangerous man who, although he says he loves her, is ultimately going to kill her. Loyalty to whom loyalty is due.
    I didn't think it was obvious at all. Nor did a bunch of other people that I know who played it. Its why everybody who I know picked Jane did so, because they thought Kenny was being unreasonable after believing Jane lost AJ on accident to a Walker or whatever else.

Although I don't really take away your perspective of the loner ending, which is the one that I got. I don't see her having turned into Jane, I see her having become as skilled as Jane while retaining the elements of Humanity that Lee kept trying to reinforce that she maintains. Plus it was just an obvious callback to the Season 1 scene, the protagonist covering their weak/defenseless/ect ally and leading them through a pack of walkers. Its certainly true that some of the people in the franchise (Whether its the game, comic, or show) become a "Walking Dead," I don't think that applies to Clementine at all nor a pretty significant amount of other characters.

Frankly I don't see how, no matter Kenny's instability, somebody could side with Jane after she lies and says AJ is dead and purposefully goads Kenny into attacking her. Just like she was doing in the car, bringing up Duck and Katjaa and Sarita.

As for resolving Kenny's story, I vehemently disagree about the ending where you kill him. In his dying moments he seems to reaffirm that he's a terrible person, but when you end up sticking with him and seeing them arrive at Wellington, he totally sacrifices his likelihood of survival (and his Humanity really) by letting Clementine and AJ go into the place (if you choose that). One ending sees him reaffirming that he's a terrible person, the other is more akin to him saving Ben in season 1 at the (presumed) cost of his own life as well. Jane may have been right that he was a ticking time bomb, but she was the person cutting the fuse and lighting it over and over and over again.

I didn't think it was obvious at all. Nor did a bunch of other people that I know who played it.

Although I don't really take away your perspective of the loner ending, which is the one that I got. I don't see her having turned into Jane, I see her having become as skilled as Jane while retaining the elements of Humanity that Lee kept trying to reinforce that she maintains. Plus it was just an obvious callback to the Season 1 scene, the protagonist covering their weak/defenseless/ect ally and leading them through a pack of walkers. Its certainly true that some of the people in the franchise (Whether its the game, comic, or show) become a "Walking Dead," I don't think that applies to Clementine at all nor a pretty significant amount of other characters.

Frankly I don't see how, no matter Kenny's instability, somebody could side with Jane after she lies and says AJ is dead and purposefully goads Kenny into attacking her. Just like she was doing in the car, bringing up Duck and Katjaa and Sarita.

As for resolving Kenny's story, I vehemently disagree about the ending where you kill him. In his dying moments he seems to reaffirm that he's a terrible person, but when you end up sticking with him and seeing them arrive at Wellington, he totally sacrifices his likelihood of survival (and his Humanity really) by letting Clementine and AJ go into the place (if you choose that). One ending sees him reaffirming that he's a terrible person, the other is more akin to him saving Ben in season 1 at the (presumed) cost of his own life as well. Jane may have been right that he was a ticking time bomb, but she was the person cutting the fuse and lighting it over and over and over again.
    Kenny was/is (depending on your ending) unstable. When he doesn't have something to be angry about, he's fine with Clementine. But when he does, it's like he doesn't give a shit about her (after Sarita's death). But what made me decide to kill Kenny in the end is the fact that he was ready to kill Jane simply because he didn't like her. Of course he knew Jane didn't intentionally murder a baby, but seeing the opportunity to kill her and an excuse to go with it, he didn't hesitate. He didn't even let her explain what happened. That shows how unstable and dangerous he is. Jane may have been wrong to pull his strings but I think she did the right thing, because she wanted to show Clementine (us) what kind of man Kenny really was. So I chose to shoot him, and I stayed with Jane, because I understood why she did what she did, and I didn't want to be alone with a baby.

About another season, it really depends on your ending. For my ending, it seems like there needs to be more; Clementine and Jane are back at Carver's place (can't remember what it's called) and are starting to rebuild/make something out of it with this other family. That's not enough closure for me, I want to know what they do next. For the ending in which you refuse to go to Wellington and instead stay with Kenny, that definitely needs more story. The other ending, where Clementine and AJ enter Wellington, is the one that maybe doesn't require any more. They're safe at a base and have supplies.

But I guess that's the thing with any apocalypse games. The only way it can have proper closure is if either things go back to normal or everyone important dies. So I don't know what to expect honestly, I'd love more story. But then again, Telltale would have to make 3 completely different games this time.

Of course he knew Jane didn't intentionally murder a baby, but seeing the opportunity to kill her and an excuse to go with it, he didn't hesitate.
    It really doesn't seem like he knows this. It seems like he thinks she sacrificed AJ to save herself. And as such his reaction isn't that odd if you think this. Especially with how many times him and Clementine talk about providing a good life for AJ and raising him "right."

Kenny was wrong in wanting to kill Jane, but Jane was far more in the wrong (to me) for causing an event that ultimately costs Kenny his life, Clementine arguably her best friend in the apocalypse since Lee died, and believed the baby was dead just to make a point. There's a reason why I promptly told her to fuck off and went on my own. And it was great seeing her admit she was just as selfish as the game was making me seem she wasn't since her return.

Deleted
    I don't think it's actually a huge problem that there are 3 seperate endings. What I assume is that there is possibly 3 different starts of season 3 but then everyone ends up in the same place again for X reasons. There might even be a huge timegap with 2 years in there. But I don't neccisarly see the problem of not being able to play as clementine anymore.

Although I would sure like a new character to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I don't think it's actually a huge problem that there are 3 seperate endings. What I assume is that there is possibly 3 different starts of season 3 but then everyone ends up in the same place again for X reasons. There might even be a huge timegap with 2 years in there. But I don't neccisarly see the problem of not being able to play as clementine anymore.

Although I would sure like a new character to play with.
    IMAO; highly unlikely we will see Clementine return in S3. Knowing Telltale, most likely they are going to leave her story at that and let players remember her for how they developed her. Her story is over; Walking Dead will move on.

That is not to say we won't be seeing characters from S2 on S3; I can certainly see Bonnie's trio kicking off S3.

- - - Updated - - -

It really doesn't seem like he knows this. It seems like he thinks she sacrificed AJ to save herself. And as such his reaction isn't that odd if you think this. Especially with how many times him and Clementine talk about providing a good life for AJ and raising him "right."

Kenny was wrong in wanting to kill Jane, but Jane was far more in the wrong (to me) for causing an event that ultimately costs Kenny his life, Clementine arguably her best friend in the apocalypse since Lee died, and believed the baby was dead just to make a point. There's a reason why I promptly told her to fuck off and went on my own. And it was great seeing her admit she was just as selfish as the game was making me seem she wasn't since her return.
    Jane has to show Clem that she is blindly following her doom. Jane could only do that by showing Kenny for who he truly was: an out of control, raging monster. Also, if Kenny was reasonable, he would've asked for Jane's story first before immiedietly proceeding to attempt to murder her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Jane has to show Clem that she is blindly following her doom. Jane could only do that by showing Kenny for who he truly was: an out of control, raging monster. Also, if Kenny was reasonable, he would've asked for Jane's story first before immiedietly proceeding to attempt to murder her.
    At the same time, what Clementine says is correct, she willingly put the baby in danger to prove a point and almost got herself killed in the process. That said, Kenny did need to die, and I felt like I was doing him a mercy more than anything, to stop him becoming like Carver, but that doesn't mean that I agreed with what Jane did, so I chose to have Clementine be on her own with AJ.

Also, I went back to help Luke on the ice and got to see him get dragged down into the depths by a zombie, does he still die if you choose to cover him?

Bonnie and Mike can go to hell, if i'd got the option i'd have shot them.

Honestly thought that Lee flashback was gonna be the end of it though and that Clementine was dead.

Yeah I thought she would be dead too, and that you would continue the next season as jane or kenny even.
    And Bonnie was the worst, blaming me for the dead of Luke eventhough she ran up to him ( Stupid ) when I did not want to. Although she did confess she had a crush on him.

As for my ending, I had to think a long time so I paused and decided that kenny was my mate.
    He kept getting shit from people at times where he really didn't need it.
    The russian boy nearly got us all killed so I would probably have shot him or beat him up badly aswell.
    Losing Sarita after losing his wife and son before. I completely understood that he flipped out.
    Jane KEPT bitching about his family, basicly punching him down to complete misery. And THEN decides to test him how he would react when the baby was lost by her. ( The baby was what kept his sanity in line. ( ish ).

Plus Kenny was such a boss sacrificing himself so that Clem and AJ ( the baby ) could enter Wellington. I didn't let him though. He won't die alone under my watch.

Deleted
    I like Kenny, but at the same time I was all ready to pick Jane just because of all the shit Kenny's been through, that only ends one way, i'm kinda glad that it was Clementine who did it in mine, you can comfort him and tell him that he's going to be with Duck and Kat now and he dies with a smile on his face. Probably would have gone with Jane if she hadn't pulled the whole gambit with the baby at the end, or purposefully goaded him about his family while he's driving a damn car with 2 children in it, or just saying, lets ditch him as soon as he gets out of the car.

The Wellington ending does sound pretty good though, and after reading about Janes ending as well, I think i've picked the bleakest of the three endings by taking Janes advice to heart that your better off on your own.

Also, would it be possible for a mod to edit the title of the thread with a spoiler warning? Now that the season is over there's no point covering the spoilers up.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2014-08-27 at 11:33 AM.

Man why doesn't Luke just climb out of the water from the big hole he fell through, instead of banging on the ice. You see Bonnie manages it on her own. Forced deaths are forced.

I remember watching on tv so bear with me, that if you fall down the ice, you are disoriented and you don't know where you are. Up and bottom, left from right.
    That Bonnie found the hole was more amazing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Man why doesn't Luke just climb out of the water from the big hole he fell through, instead of banging on the ice. You see Bonnie manages it on her own. Forced deaths are forced.
    The current pulled him away from the original hole, just like Bonnie. Bonnie broke through a different portion of the ice, although when I played a second time I backed off of trying to break the ice when Luke was under, and Bonnie never surfaced. Does Bonnie end up dying anyways?

I chose to shoot Kenny and I was rather surprised when I found out I was the minority. I had an idea that Jane hid the baby by the way she was taking to Clem before Kenny came back. I knew Kenny was unstable, ever since his son died all he was doing was trying to replace them (remember when he called Clem "Duck"). I also chose to forgive Jane because she wasn't heartless, she came back, and she was trying to protect Clem in the end. If I chose Kenny and walked off with him and the baby, what would happen when the baby really does die? I don't feel safe with him.

I have to play it again to see what the ending was when you pick Kenny, or tell Jane to fuck off, but it seems HUGELY different from what other people are saying.

Spoiler if you didn't forgive Jane:
    It seems like people who chose to go on their own ended with them walking in the snow with the baby, but with Jane you end up back where Carver died. As survivors walk up Jane puts her trust in Clem to let the strangers in or not, and I think that just shows more that even though Jane seems cold, she does wan't to help. But she wants to survive more, and that was the winning party in my book. Kenny would have led me to certain doom.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-08-27 at 05:56 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Damn, I was cringing the whole time they were crossing the ice. The whole shit could have probably been avoided if they had just crawled or rolled over the lake. At least where I live, every kid is taught this in the elementary school already.

Useless character deaths are useless...

Ah well, nitpicking aside, it was a damn great episode anyway! In the end, I chose not to kill Kenny. I think the rest of the group was always being a little too hard on him, especially in the case of Arvo. I think his treatment by Kenny was rather justified, even though I disapprove of excessive brutality. The kid pretty much caused the whole shootout by accusing me of stealing even though I had given him his stuff back earlier - and he could have convinced his people to drop their weapons, but he didn't. At that point I pretty much stopped being sorry for him, and in the end he turned out to be every bit as treacherous as I suspected him to be.

Jane was also being a total douchebag in the car, knowingly trying to provoke Kenny. When it turned out that she had lied about the baby, I didn't feel a shred of regret for not saving her. It felt like such an selfish act to me that I kind of got the feeling that in the end she hadn't really changed that much, even though she arguably might have grown slightly fond of Clem.

In the end I chose to stay at Wellington, and holy shit, the feelings. I thought it was for the best, since to some extent, I did indeed agree that Kenny was a bit unstable. Seeing him being so happy about fulfilling some purpose in his life by getting Clem and AJ to safety convinced me that by staying, it would give Kenny a peace of mind. And at the same time, it would probably be safer for both Clem and AJ to stay in Wellington rather than staying with Kenny.

It kinda felt like a happy ending - but who knows what will happen next. I must commend Telltale for bringing us this great season even though it wasn't quite as good as the last. But the finale sure as hell did not disappoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Spoiler if you didn't forgive Jane:
    It seems like people who chose to go on their own ended with them walking in the snow with the baby, but with Jane you end up back where Carver died. As survivors walk up Jane puts her trust in Clem to let the strangers in or not, and I think that just shows more that even though Jane seems cold, she does wan't to help. But she wants to survive more, and that was the winning party in my book. Kenny would have led me to certain doom.
    The Kenny ending, from what i've read is probably the best ending you make it to Wellington, but they are full due to it being Winter, they give you a bag of supplies and tell you to try again soon. Kenny then argues with them and gets them to accept Clementine and the baby, but not himself, if they don't take the supplies. Then you either choose to leave with Kenny and the supplies, to try again another day, or you stay in Wellington and watch Kenny wander off alone, probably to die.

Deleted
    I shot Kenny and left Jane, not because of AJ which I suspected Jane was lying about to show Kenny's darker side, but because Jane left Clementine again when the car crashed. As much as she was my favourite character in this season, I felt like she was especially untrustworthy and manipulative after her little scheme. On the plus side I didn't feel too bad about shooting Kenny, his death dialogue gave me some peace that I made the right decision there.

Despite her ploy, Jane didn't deserve to be killed by Kenny, that's all I'm certain of.

You know Telltale did right when there is so much debate over what feels right to every person...

Maybe it's because I just finished the episode but in on the level of S1 Finale if not a little better?
    We knew Lee was going to die, it was a question of getting to that moment then just feel really bad when we get there.
    Here we got so much things going on... Just wow... And choosing between Jane and Kenny it took me until the last moment to decide barely, I just couldn't decide... It was such a hard decision but I went with Kenny after all... Then I decided to leave with him and not go into Wellington. When they shot me, he screamed Clem's name and went to save here, Jane left us in the car to manage by ourselves and I had a small feeling that she hid the baby somewhere to dispose of Kenny.
    I never cry because of games/movies etc but I actually had tears towards the ending... Anybody else? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    You know Telltale did right when there is so much debate over what feels right to every person... she hid the baby somewhere to dispose of Kenny.

I never cry because of games/movies etc but I actually had tears towards the ending... Anybody else? :P
    I was still raging at Arlo the whole time. Gave him one chance to go back to his group with his meds and everything, and he tells them I 'robbed him' and ambushes us and starts a firefight. That was all on him, and *my side* gets all teary eyed and 'oh, he lost his sister'...

well !@#$ him. he shouldn't have started that !@#$ in the first place.

little !@#$er had the nerve to act all pouty and yell to be left alone too. once we got to the supplies and the house should have put a bullet to his head and been done with him...

but no.... they decide to give him a rifle and stand by while he shoots me ?

!@#$ them too.

I liked Jane all well and good too, but !#@$ her for deliberately pushing someone past their breaking point so I can 'see what they're like when they're angry'.

Like... seriously... you kill someone's family enough times and you expect me to be surprised when they get upset ?

I still shot kenny tho. I felt bad about it, I really do... but I'm reminded of the feral dog in the campsite back at the beginning... there's a point where the only thing I could do is put him out of his misery. but !@#$ Jane for forcing my hand.