Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

The Walking Dead (Video Game)

Yes, I looked through Google and the MMO-C search engine; surprised I couldn't find anything on this.

Anyways...wow. Today's episode...

I need psychiatric help!

I hope Sarita wasn't right handed...

Deleted
    Loved the cameo's from the 400 Day's People. I think we've seen that Jane girl before somewhere, just trying to figure out where.

I'm getting frustrated with this episode. I'm on the part where the zombies break through window, tells me to hold A to escape and she just stands there doing nothing until she dies.

Deleted
    Honestly I disliked the episode. Gametrailers's review (http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...-s-way--review) explains it the best. Also,in my opinion some scenes were out of place and the story was quite repetitive at certain points. Compared to Episode 2,which was awesome,and even Episode 3 in Season 1,In Harm's way could have been much better.
    After all,we didn't even get to talk to the 400 Days characters,all we got were some pointless cameos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Honestly I disliked the episode. Gametrailers's review (http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...-s-way--review) explains it the best. Also,in my opinion some scenes were out of place and the story was quite repetitive at certain points. Compared to Episode 2,which was awesome,and even Episode 3 in Season 1,In Harm's way could have been much better.
    After all,we didn't even get to talk to the 400 Days characters,all we got were some pointless cameos.
    I liked this episode. I don't think you could have expected much from it anyways seeing as we knew it would take place in that particular area. Not much storytelling you can do there besides escaping.

I am kinda surprised we haven't had any real interaction with the people from 400 Days. Might be something we'll see in the future?

Deleted
    I imagine they didn't put a lot of interaction in with the people from 400 Day's except Bonnie because she's the only one thats guaranteed to go with Tavia.

Its like Nick, he died in my playthrough, but reading what other people have said he only gets like 3 lines in the whole episode, not sure if its similar for Alvin, as he died in my playthrough as well, but all i've heard about him is that he sacrifices himself in someway. I assume its the reason there was no Sarita in the trailer, because if you didn't take her arm off, she's probably dead

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the ep.

I enjoyed it, but it felt weaker in comparison to parts 1 and 2 (big shoes to fill), I felt this was more or less filler (wont give too much away).

Michael Madsen's voice was a standout during the episode, Carvers a pretty solid villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it ok to talk spoilers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Is it ok to talk spoilers?
    Of course it is, just use the spoiler tag. [spoiler][/spoiler ] Just remove the space from before the last bracket.

On that note, Kinda feels like they're really forcing the whole "Clementine has grown up" thing, with the whole being able to cut off Sarita's arm and being able to stay and watch Kenny kill Carver. Then again, you can choose not to do that, so I guess it can be excused. Speaking of that, would be cool if they make a S3, you play as an older Clementine. If she survives passed episode 5 that is.

Also, when you went looking for Luke to give him the walkie talkie, not closing the door after you in the comic store was just dumb as hell... First thing I did was clicking on it to close it, but I ended up going outside and getting grabbed by that Troy asshole.

I really like that Jane character though, curious what will happen to her, and I'm looking forward to Sarita's reaction to me hacking her arm off.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2014-05-14 at 06:24 PM.

I want to discuss this episode but I'm only halfway trough...

R.I.P Reggie

- - - Updated - - -

Just finished the episode and it was quite intense, especially at the end. I thought it was slightly weaker then the first 2 episodes, episode 2 is still the best.

What I really liked:

Reggie's unsuspected death

Carver getting his entire face smacked off by Kenny

Troy getting shot in the balls

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Its like Nick, he died in my playthrough
    Nick and Alvin didn't "die." You murdered them!

Carvers a pretty solid villain.
    That guy's a fucking boss. He got shot in the shoulder and didn't give a fuck. And he doesn't sleep. And he's talking all this "I'm a fucking sheep herder" stuff. I liked him. I'm surprised he died so quickly. So funny how he fucked up Kenny and I was thinking I should be obedient and follow Carver, and then Kenny gets his gun and I'm like "nvm I'm on Kenny's team again."

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    On that note, I really like that Jane character though, curious what will happen to her, and I'm looking forward to Sarita's reaction to me hacking her arm off.
    I felt bad, because I restrained her but I did a shitty job and she got hit anyway. Then I told her gtfo and watched Kenny murder Carver. Then I cut her arm off. I thought she was mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Reggie's unsuspected death
    I liked Reggie so much. He seemed genuinely nice and he helped those guys last time and they left him behind. And he was working his way back up until we fucked it up for him. I didn't want to get him in trouble but Kenny is fucking a peer pressurer as fuck. I always laugh when they say people could peer pressure me to drink or smoke in high school, but Kenny peer pressured me to do a lot.

I knew that weak four eyed piece of shit was gonna fuck us over and get Reggie in trouble. WHYYYYY.

Mmmm other thoughts other thoughts. Episode certainly fulfilled the length requirement I was expecting. It didn't really go as far as I was expecting, and honestly I felt kind of trapped. It was a different feeling than before.

Gotta do my replay tomorrow with diff choices.

Btw, I thought Bonnie was untrustable last time and I was like "KENNY SHOOT THAT CRACKHEAD OMG QUICK" but she was so nice and trustable this time. I felt bad for the way I treated her. Honestly I came into the episode thinking Bonnie was untrustable and that Reggie was going to fuck us over or dime us out. I was wrong on both counts.

I'm also a little disappointed we didn't even see all the food or interact with the other community members...at all. I fucked up in 400 Days and no one came so I don't even know what the cameos were.

I think I have the first season in my Steam account. Really should get around to playing it.

I hope it makes a better game than TV show, I abandoned that after 1 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hope it makes a better game than TV show, I abandoned that after 1 season.
    You should. The game has been pretty solid so far!

- - - Updated - - -

Was anybody else expecting the season to be based around Carver, kind of felt like he'd stick around till the last part of the season.

Deleted
    Was anybody else expecting the season to be based around Carver, kind of felt like he'd stick around till the last part of the season.
    Yeah, the episode kind of felt rushed to me. We just got captured, Carver foiled our original plan to escape and got the group in a pretty bad shape, definitely making it a bad idea to try and escape, but we do it anyway... I wish we had another episode there honestly.

On the topic of the 400 days characters, no one besides Bonnie got more than a few lines really. Since no one besides Bonnie is guaranteed to go at the end of the DLC, I guess they can't give them any major roles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nick and Alvin didn't "die." You murdered them!
    I murdered Nick, thats true, Alvin was a mistake though

I'm also a little disappointed we didn't even see all the food or interact with the other community members...at all. I fucked up in 400 Days and no one came so I don't even know what the cameos were.
    Taken from Tv Tropes

If Vince went with Tavia to the settlement at the end of 400 Days, he'll briefly appear in Season Two, Episode 3, after Clementine steals the walkie-talkies. Tavia will attempt to take a smoking break, only for Vince to appear and scold Tavia since Carver won't like her smoking. Then Vince decides to report Tavia anyway, since Vince doesn't want anyone else to be blamed for this. Tavia follows Vince to try to change his mind, giving Clementine an opening to sneak away. (If Vince doesn't appear, Clementine will still manage to escape since Tavia is too distracted with her lighter to notice.)

If Wyatt went with Tavia to the settlement at the end of 400 days, he'll briefly appear in Season Two, Episode 3, when Carver calls Clementine into his office. Wyatt will appear near the stairs and advise Clementine to go right away.

If Shel and Becca went with Tavia to the settlement at the end of 400 Days, they both will appear in Season Two, Episode 3, after Carver forces Carlos to hit Sarah. Clementine will briefly pass by Shel and Becca having an argument: Becca will be angry at the cabin group for leaving and will accuse Sarah of sitting on the ground like a baby, while Shel will attempt to calm Becca by pointing out that the cabin group has had a rough time.

If Russell went with Tavia to the settlement at the end of 400 Days, he'll briefly appear in Season Two, Episode 3, when Clementine leaves Bonnie's office to meet up with Luke. Russell will notice Clementine, but will not turn her in; instead Russell will simply tell Clementine that she'd better hurry up, since Carver doesn't like idle hands.

Alright we need to start talking about episode 4: amid the ruins, already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish it was cheaper. Episode II is 25. Yeah I'm too much of a cheapskate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I volunteer to go first.

I played my main game and my alternate save so that I could experience everything.

I was actually a little disappointed that the game continued right where it left off. I kind of wanted it to fast forward to everyone being at the meeting place. No opinion about Rebeccah being a bitch and Jane helping us out. But I just don't get how Kenny blames me for Sarita's death. If you cut her arm off, she screams like a bitch and walkers get her. If you hit the walker, she comes with you, but Kenny still blames you. Was a little weird. Jane's story about her sister and protecting herself kind of didn't affect me at all. But to be very honest, although she's a slut who sleeps with everyone, her survivor skills and cutthroat attitude are pretty hot.

And then we get fucking Sarah and Luke in the trailer. My main game I let Sarah die. Don't nobody got time to talk her into leaving. She's too much of a liability. Second save I slapped and saved that bitch. It's kind of funny that she dies anyway. I made Jane try to save her later just to see if she could live, but bitch was destined to die.

Then for the choice of who to go to first, it didn't make a difference but it seemed like I'd be needed more following Bonnie/Mike. To be honest, both of my playthroughs I just glossed over what they said Jane was doing and I didn't feel like following her. And then I volunteers to go through the grate for the water. I felt horrible on my second playthrough when Bonnie got fucked up though and it looked like she got beat from her husband or something.

And uhhm. I really didn't want to rob the Argentinian kid. Then later when he still blamed me because of Jane. Lol. I was committed to robbing that four eyed fuck the second time.

I didn't think that the baby was dead when I first saw it. I thought it was already infected.

And finally, my original playthrough I killed Rebbecah myself to save the baby. Second time I was like :O "well I guess me calling for help is gonna be them thinking I was ordering them to fire." Nope. Kenny was like "get the fuck off my baby bitch" and shot Rebeccah lol.

Overall I thought that the chapter couldn't beat chapter 2. It was probably worse than chapter 3. Probably Chapter 1 too.

But I also have a problem with the chapter. I know people are wittling down, but I don't see how the next chapter is gonna wrap us up into a nice conclusion. Feels like NONE of the groundwork for a final chapter has been set. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Alright we need to start talking about episode 4: amid the ruins, already.
    I cried when Sarah died: I promised that I would keep her safe, that no harm would come. As she died, she stared at me - crying out to Clementine. I feel...

Why do I play this punishing emotional drama again?

Anyways, I think this was the best episode yet. While it wasn't as intense as the third, and that this entire episode was pretty much cut scenes (only 5 minutes of walking around freely in all of Amid the Ruins), I loved it. We got far more story time with the characters; in fact 80% of the whole episode was just story time with characters, and the other 20% was walking around and fighting walkers, which is relieving.

Jane is turning out to be a really interesting character; I played through her chapters two more times and picked different dialogue options to find out all I could about her. Sounds like she'll come in at the finale to save Clementine and Luke, or she'll be saved for season 3. We've met her too soon and her character has just began developing for her to just simply die. I think she'll live. Also, some people interpret her has actually doing it with Luke, but there is no actual proof of that in the episode: Kenny sounds like he thinks Luke did but at that time Luke never got to explain (Or ever, during the epilogue); he says she made an "offer", which suggests they did it but from all the other evidence, it seems like he was just having a really, really close friend to talk to. It's not exactly clear. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

I think it's quite clear by now that Luke - or Bonnie (In that order) - is being set up as the new protagonist for season 3 after Clementine presumably dies at the finale (My reasoning is that [/spoiler] Telltale wants to avoid the feeling that the main hero will never die, and therefore switch main characters each season. Lee's death at the end of the first season supports this, because, really: there's no danger to our main hero if he'll always live to the next season, so why should we care? [/spoiler]

Found Rebecca's death at the very end of the episode to be quite sad; I waited for her to recover, but apparently we just didn't have enough resources to sustain her, and her body was too exhausted anyways. I chose to shoot her - out of fear for her child - but I realized my error right when it was too late. I went, [I]"Oh, @#%&! Did I just shoot a gun during a hold out? I'm @#%&ed!!![/I] God, now I've pretty much killed off half the group at least, and the other half is either dead or dying.

I don't know why Arvo says I stole from him when I quite clearly returned the bag of medicine - he sounds untrustworthy: Even though I needed those supplies, I returned them in good faith in an effort to preserve what ethics I had left. Even if he didn't have a sister - I would've offered the return anyways, but ask that if he was so kind, to let us use it. For that kid to just come down with his group, telling them that I stole from him pretty much says that he's a 12 year old liar who can't be trusted - especially since he had us ambushed at gun point over that lie, and now a dozen or so innocent people (including those in his own group that were misled to ambush us because of his "claim") just died because of that.. For that, I hope he dies in the gunfight he imposed upon himself because of his lying attitude.

Overall, best season yet, and the momentum has just gotten a whole lot stronger. Am eagerly anticipating the finale!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-07-25 at 10:55 PM.

Spoilers below for Chap 4:

>Kenny says "you guys are rolling around like teenagers."
    >Luke says "yeah but I just wanted to forget about this horrible world for a bit."

It's pretty clear what they did..

And lol, Jane takes the bag of medicine regardless of what Clementine chooses to do.

Btw, I think Jane will come back and sacrifice herself to save Clementine.