Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Not to mention the very zombies.
    Are they animated by magic?
    Why do they die if the brain is destroyed considering the brain doesn't function in the first place in a dead body?
    Why do they eat flesh?
    Where does the flesh go considering all body functions are shut down?
    How do they survive without eating anything?
    How come they don't rot away and collapse in a heap after a month or so?
    Also the fact that every new body reanimates itself.

Is any of that touched on in the comics or do they just avoid the how and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post

Sure, in the comics its explained as a literal wrath of God scenario and in the tv series it seems to be headed the same route, though Kirkman and his people have a penchant for deviating ever so slightly from the comic in that sense.

I just find it interesting, as happened in the back of the pickup truck in S1 E2, how each group reacts and learns "Oh fuck! There was no bite and hes STILL a zambie!" and in the game they do just kind of brush past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post

Actually they did explain this in the Ep1. Seems all living humans have the "thing" (disease, curse, w/e) inside them that causes them to rise after death. The curse manifests itself only after death, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Actually they did explain this in the Ep1. Seems all living humans have the "thing" (disease, curse, w/e) inside them that causes them to rise after death. The curse manifests itself only after death, though.
    You really need to start saying season instead of episode. It confuses the heck out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly relevant (starts at 2:20):

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

[video=youtube;d-4lc5rPcck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4lc5rPcck[ideo]
    Screw science, fiction forever!

My only complaint regarding the zombies is that I'm pretty sure a great majority of them should've decomposed from the weather/heat/general wear and tear by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    My only complaint regarding the zombies is that I'm pretty sure a great majority of them should've decomposed from the weather/heat/general wear and tear by now.
    Additonally; all their blood would've either had been lost or dried up by then, therefore they shouldn't be able to even move, let alone carry nutrients to their brain so they can "think."

#Suspension of disbelief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Oh snap, time to school Neil DeGrasse Tyson!

Zombies can move, moan, hear, see, and feel. Which means that the brain isn't the only thing being revived, the brain is just what controls it all. Once the brain is taken over it can start a chain reaction of the other body systems, and the fact that they move is proof of that. Basically, someone is classified as dead when their heart stops beating. However cells can go on living from 6 minutes up to hours depending on the cells. So, theoretically, as long as the zombie virus is fast enough to restart the bodies systems in an allotted amount of time zombies could exist. In fact, they do exist! Just not in humans. If you have time, OMG ZOMBIE SNAILS. Also, the game The Last of Us is basses off of a very real virus that only effects certain ant and spider species.

Now it is a whole other argument as to how long this so called zombie would last, and how it would react to trauma and malnutrition, but the fact remains, that there could be a zombie apocalypse! but it would only last a month or 2

Edit: Also, Tyson said that a zombie virus can't spread though a bite. Not only is that wrong (there are multiple real world viruses that would spread though a bite), but in some zombie lore everyone is already infected with the zombie virus, all the bite does is cause an infection leading to your death and the zombie virus takeover. If a living human bites you it would cause a pretty serious infection if untreated, so who knows what would happen after that person had been eating rotting flesh and who-knows-what-else.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-09-02 at 04:26 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Additonally; all their blood would've either had been lost or dried up by then, therefore they shouldn't be able to even move, let alone carry nutrients to their brain so they can "think."

#Suspension of disbelief
    Yup, and that blood would be congealed to all hell, so when you shot them it wouldn't be this massive splash all over the place. As a nurse I always have to suspend disbelief, seen way too many dead people after only a few hours how solid they are.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yup, and that blood would be congealed to all hell, so when you shot them it wouldn't be this massive splash all over the place. As a nurse I always have to suspend disbelief, seen way too many dead people after only a few hours how solid they are.
    I wanna see...

So like. Besides Clem everyone from S1's group is dead right? (I'm including Christa since that interview made it seem like we'd never hear from christa again.) And S2 cabin group is all dead too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wanna see...

So like. Besides Clem everyone from S1's group is dead right? (I'm including Christa since that interview made it seem like we'd never hear from christa again.) And S2 cabin group is all dead too?
    Well, depends if you killed kenny :P Yup, they are all dead.

Deleted
    *cough* Lilly *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    *cough* Lilly *cough*
    Ooooh yeah thats true, I forget that.

Deleted
    Technically, Molly and Glenn may still be alive as well, depends on whether or not it is true that the video game story for Glenn is a prequel to him in the comics.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Technically, Molly and Glenn may still be alive as well, depends on whether or not it is true that the video game story for Glenn is a prequel to him in the comics.
    I'm really interested in finding out where the games sits with the comic books. I'm kind of thinking at the end of No Going Back it would be around or just after the "All Out War" story arc and well before "A New Beginning".

Doubt Lily is still alive, and even if she were, I doubt she'd be friendly. Molly is possible, but I doubt we'll see her again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I'm really interested in finding out where the games sits with the comic books. I'm kind of thinking at the end of No Going Back it would be around or just after the "All Out War" story arc and well before "A New Beginning".
    No spoilers, I haven't read past All Out War Part 2 yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Doubt Lily is still alive, and even if she were
    Why'd you say that? Although I doubt we'll see her, that would be a bit too far fetched after somehow meeting Kenny in the middle of nowhere to meet another person would be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why'd you say that? Although I doubt we'll see her, that would be a bit too far fetched after somehow meeting Kenny in the middle of nowhere to meet another person would be pushing it.
    I left her with nothing, broken, shocked, and hunted by a zombie. She could live, but chances are she's dead.

I doubt Lilly got very far. She was always pretty volatile but we saw her slip further and further towards outright insanity. Even if she recovered she'd likely be troubled by guilt and I doubt she'd be able to join up with another group given her attitude. Molly has a greater chance of surviving since she seemed to be doing pretty great on her own before Lee encountered her. Lilly, however, needed her father for stability.