Deleted

Screen tearing and all text ingame is acting weird.

First of all Id like to apologize of this is the wrong forum to post something like this, didn't find any support forum.

So suddently after I finished a random instance I found the graphics in wow started tearing in orgrimmar. This does not happen in any other game and now all kinds of text in the game started to get weird (everything from my chat to player names to NPC texts and name plates).

I have tried to reinstall my drivers, repair wow aswell as reinstall wow, nothing helps. However I tried this line /console fixedfunction 1 and it removed the tearing in the login screen aswell in the champion selection but it is still there when Im ingame.

Here are three pictures I took: http://imgur.com/OqMUtBD,eaVwxc1,eYoTf46#0

Really hope someone can help me with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like an AA issue (anti aliasing) caused by your gfx card. Try disabling the option or set it higher than current.

Another cause: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10827053314
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2014-05-14 at 10:54 AM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Where do I find that setting?

Also now when I went into settings I see that some settings cannot be set to Ultra, it says that I need a shader model 3 capable graphics hard, never had this problem before. My GPU is an AMD HD 7970.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds suspiciously like a driver issue, maybe try downloading the latest driver of you haven't already.

Deleted
    Already tried that, aswell as completely reinstalling the drivers. Doesnt work

- - - Updated - - -

Okay this is getting really weird, I did nothing and now the text is fine all over the game and I can now set some of the previously bugged settings to Ultra again. However the graphics are still bugging out, what is going on?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you running WoW in DX9 Mode? If so, switch to DX11. That could solve the problem.
    It's high noon.

Deleted
    Tried that aswell, didnt work. I really hope i dont have to reinstall windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think windows have anything to do with this. Have you checked the hardware? Maybe a heat problem? Dustpuppies etc.?
    It's high noon.

I would check the graphics card itself. Had something similar on some of the machines in our graphics lab where I work and the heatsinks on a fair number of their AMD video cards were blown up like a balloon. I don't recall the model of the card but it affected over 1/2 of the machines in the lab. It definitely doesn't sound like a software issue to me.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    I dont know why it would be a problem with my graphics card when only WoW has this problem. Games like Wildstar and League of Legends works with no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I dont know why it would be a problem with my graphics card when only WoW has this problem. Games like Wildstar and League of Legends works with no problem at all.
    The technical answer is: because games are different, and the video card is a big, complex, hot CPU-ish thing, so the way each game uses it differently can cause this problem. That same answer applies to software, driver, and other problems too -- if WoW is the only game that turns on a feature that triggers the problem, then you might only see it in wow.

Other games working fine in equally graphically intensive ways, though, suggests it is less likely to be a hardware issue. OTOH, easy check, yeah? Look at the hardware, make sure it doesn't look failed, and go from there.

(PS: It resembles exactly the heat related failure of NVIDIA GPUs in IBM ThinkPads, and the blown capacitor failure in cards from that bad batch of capacitors back in '08, right down to it mostly showing up in text drawing for who knows what reason.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    The technical answer is: because games are different, and the video card is a big, complex, hot CPU-ish thing, so the way each game uses it differently can cause this problem. That same answer applies to software, driver, and other problems too -- if WoW is the only game that turns on a feature that triggers the problem, then you might only see it in wow.

Other games working fine in equally graphically intensive ways, though, suggests it is less likely to be a hardware issue. OTOH, easy check, yeah? Look at the hardware, make sure it doesn't look failed, and go from there.

(PS: It resembles exactly the heat related failure of NVIDIA GPUs in IBM ThinkPads, and the blown capacitor failure in cards from that bad batch of capacitors back in '08, right down to it mostly showing up in text drawing for who knows what reason.)
    Didnt think of it this way, makes alot of sense though!

Turns out it was hardware, I tried running WoW with my brothers R9 270X and it works wonders. Guess Im buying a new GPU....

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Didnt think of it this way, makes alot of sense though!

Turns out it was hardware, I tried running WoW with my brothers R9 270X and it works wonders. Guess Im buying a new GPU....
    Hardware is amazingly odd when it starts to fail. Sorry your graphics card is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Hardware is amazingly odd when it starts to fail. Sorry your graphics card is failing.
    Yeah I second this.
    Had two pieces of hardware I have had to replace so far, a power supply and a hard drive.
    Just hoping that I don't have to replace anything more expensive than those, especially since I am hoping to get a recent graphics card next year at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.