4set vs heroic Loot

Hi All

I have a bit of a problem i am trying to work what would be better i currently have my 4set h

i just won the Rage-blind Greathelm heroic

i was wondering if i should drop my 4set and use the heroic Helm

i also have the Heroic Trinket Fusion-fire Core

Which i have been told is better then Rooks Unlucky Talisman reg

i would really like some advice Please and thankyou

Deleted
    Depends; Do I understand correctly that you have the heroic 4-set, or just normal-mode? In my opinion, the Fusion-Core is useless and the stamina even from the normal Rooks is nice to have in certain fights. While I do change my trinkets from fight to fight, I never find myself using the Core, though I recently got it because nobody else needed it.

Another thing to consider is your gearing strategy - if you are gearing for purely avoidance, then the helm would be superior, but if you are breaking up your 4-pc purely because of the helm, and don't have another piece that would get you down to 2/5 tier-pieces (assuming the other non-set item has better stat-allocation for your gearing than the set-piece ofc), then I'd recommend you keep the 4-pc. It is just too good not to have it, if you haven't great non-set items to replace them. And IIRC the tier-helm has parry/mastery on it, so that would be one of the best pieces to keep, even in the avoidance-build - again, unless you have truly amazing items to replace the other tier-pieces to get down to 2/5.

I myself was in your situation a while back, and when I got the Greathelm, I switched from a mastery/avoidance hybrid to full avoidance and swapped out the shoulders with other heroic loot I got, but up until that point that I had 2 great non-set pieces to swap in, I kept my 4-pc.
    Last edited by mmoc51c778c914; 2014-05-14 at 01:35 PM.

The blood 4p is not make or break THAT good. You can easily go without it.

For progression I found it easier to go without it and use heroic WF off pieces. Quicker gearing and more flexible.

Fusion core is only good on 2 fights max, whereas rooks on use portion has SOME use every fight, and the extra stam is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    The blood 4p is not make or break THAT good. You can easily go without it.

For progression I found it easier to go without it and use heroic WF off pieces. Quicker gearing and more flexible.

Fusion core is only good on 2 fights max, whereas rooks on use portion has SOME use every fight, and the extra stam is always nice.
    With this being said, is the 2P worth while over having all avoidance pieces? I am in heroic progression and currently have N WF gear to bring me down to gloves and legs for set. However I have the avoidance gloves and pants of normal quality and can't decide if I should ditch 2 piece in order to get more avoidance or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    With this being said, is the 2P worth while over having all avoidance pieces? I am in heroic progression and currently have N WF gear to bring me down to gloves and legs for set. However I have the avoidance gloves and pants of normal quality and can't decide if I should ditch 2 piece in order to get more avoidance or not.
    No 100% keep the 2p. It adds a LOT of bone shield uptime that is too good to pass up.

I found it easiest to use gloves and chest for tier and the rest WF off pieces, since heroic chest/gloves are rather a lot easier to come by than helm pants and shoulders.

I recommend keeping your 4-piece. It's a very good bonus, especially when combined with the CD reduction trinket.

Don't bother with Fusion Fire Core. It's only useful for increasing DPS on one or two fights. Rook's is a solid trinket that is useful almost always. If you want to use a trinket that is geared towards DPS, use Skeer's or Thok's Tail Tip.

As a DW would it be fair to see that the fusion fire core heroic trinket would if used with thok's be a good option for the protectors and spoils?

I am going to drop my 4p of H/N mix for the HWF/H pieces I have for a dps spec I never use. Will see how that goes since I don't lose much mitigation (2%) and gain some crit at the loss of the bone shield and drw buff. Thinking that the extra stam/str/armor and crit will offset the tier bonus until I get H head/legs. Long story short, if you have the gear to try things out during the raid, no sense in not trying it. just be aware of the differences.

So I tinkered with my gear a bit since my last post. I did use my HWF pieces instead of tier for 99% of SoO. Did I have to? No. Did I notice a difference? Not until my group was working on H Siegecrafter. The 4 set, mix of reg and heroic pieces, was extremely helpful when I needed to kill shredders. The on demand 4 death runes from DRW was great. Even killed some shredders before they did death from above with 3 stacks. So, in short, use the gear you think will help the most. There are times when the extra stats might help, but then times when a tier set bonus might be best. Neither one affected my survivability, just made a "oh shit, not gonna kill it before 4th overload, pop a raid cd" moment not happen.