Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Luck is the result of hard work. 'nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I dont buy this theory, but what you said here its false, Blizzard has a nice list of Streamers well documented so when close betas start they all get invites.
    I don't think we know whether Blizzard keeps a list or whether Blizzard approaches them and asks if they're interested/to provide battle.net emails the way they do with fansites, but in any case, point taken. That's fair.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    actually I have bought 3 games after watching people stream them. Streaming is very good advertising because it lets you actually see how the game plays rather than just some video of all the good parts the company put together which doesnt tell you anything about the game.

That wasn't his question and you know it. You had to cut out half of his question just so it would fit your answer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I'm not a streamer in any way, but i have some seriously sick items, not perfect rolls but still pretty sick, i have double set bonuses on my DH, and am working on some for my newly created WD, gotta love this new patch right, kadala actually being generous

So there your theory is busted, what you have is a case of severe shit RnG, and it does happen, the thing is, people only complain and remember about the bad times when they don't get any loot, they seem to forget the times when they do get loot, oh also a tip, maybe you should play with mirror classes

My D3 Armory <-- living proof it's not just streamers that get all the loot.

this was rng. Generaly. Why streamers have way better gear than non streamers. Is all the asslickers. They announce a farm run. he get in 3 "fans" playing the _same_ class. They give him all the loot they get. Ergo. He farms with 3 additional loot sources.

Deleted
    I think it's the Illuminati that controls this tbh.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    free rift bosses blood shard boosts, this week with extra 100% shame flavor!

10+ Year Old Account
    GiG is a far more efficient farmer then most. His one thousand hours played is way more optimized then most players. All his rifts are T5 or T6 speed runs with empowered shrines shooting for 10min clears. Players notify him for goblin rifts and he will do more of those on one stream session then most players will ever see during their entire time playing the game. The guy streams 7 days a weak 9 or so hours a day he's bound to get loads of legs.

Last time I checked he still hasn't got his witching hour belt like 200 leg belts later...RNG owns us all not the tinfoil hat.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    In all reality it's wrong to assume that the OP is incorrect. Nobody replying to this thread can provide statistical data to proof or deny what the OP posts, thus all the 'there is no conspiracy'-claims are equally false. Truth is nobody knows until someone has evidence.
    Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. In the case of wild speculation and conspiracy theory, they pretty much never have any. It's not anyone else's burden to disprove it. All the refutations presented have been clearly stated as common sense or logical observations, which don't need to prove the claim false in the first place yet assuredly diminish an already low percentage possibility of occurrence.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its because Joe, the Loot Dev follows every major streamer, and flags them each one by one. Its a tough job, but Joe can handle it.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    You missed the argumentation class when you were coming up in the world where the burden of proof is on the person making a claim. It's is not on a random person hearing the claim. I already pointed this out last post. You are merely trying to have an argument of semantics so you can keep stirring things up. You should probably drop it. Even if this were a court of law, which you are trying to make it into, you would need to prove without a shadow of a doubt that this happens otherwise the verdict would be: not guilty of getting better loot. Moving on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Its because Joe, the Loot Dev follows every major streamer, and flags them each one by one. Its a tough job, but Joe can handle it.
    Joe, Granter of Legendaries, Minion of Unjust. May he shower random twitch streamer #20346 with more legendaries than our minds can handle.
    BAD WOLF

i usually dont buy into this type of stuff but seeing how Mannercookie has found 460 legendary today it makes you wonder.
    http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

I have been playing for 4 hours on mixed t4 and t5 and maybe I have found 25.

460 legendary items in less than 12 hours of the buff is a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats out of the bag, now I'm firing up my stream when I get home so Larry the loot dev will flick on the leg switch. All joking aside I'd be more inclined that a recent patch or combination of the week birthday buff is bugged / glitched before I believe the waterfall of legendary switch has been turned on for popular streamers. /shrug

Deleted
    Yes streamers get better loot. This has been a part of gaming for atleast 7 or 8 years now.

As soon as you start streaming, the game - pretty much any game except The Sims and Train Simulator - flags you for a number of different advantages over the other players. For instance;

- Diablo players get better loot.
    - WoW players get more crits.
    - Minecraft streamers gets creepers on their side instead, helping the streamers in building various things.
    - MOBA players get clones of themselves that handle different lanes.
    - Call of Duty, Battlefield and Counterstrike players get a personal announcer that describes how the streamer fucked your mom last night.

This is a part of the start-up process whenever you become a streamer.

wow did 2 torment 5 Rifts and got 1 legendary. everyone in the group was getting double legendary drops off of elites. Seriously this game hates me. In that same time Mannercookie went from 460-479. Is torment 6 just that much better than torment 5?

10+ Year Old Account
    In all reality it's wrong to assume that the OP is incorrect. Nobody replying to this thread can provide statistical data to proof or deny what the OP posts, thus all the 'there is no conspiracy'-claims are equally false. Truth is nobody knows until someone has evidence.
    There's plenty of people in this thread making the claim that there is no benefit to loot chances for streamers, thus the burden of proof is on them too. Common sense isn't exactly a valid or subtantiated argument either, neither are logical (read: personal) observations, and they need proof as much as any other type of claim.
    Only if they're trying to disprove an already proven premise.

Depends on what country we'd be in. There's plenty of western european and other modern countries in which the "burden of proof" in law is on the defendant instead, and not on the accuser.

Furthermore your entire application and description of probandi is false. Claiming that burden of proof is only on one side of a party in an argument is outright wrong and false reasoning. We're not talking about mathematical theories or the discrediting of an already establish logically proven assertion, thus calling upon the 'burden of proof' is completely... false and in many ways a cultural thing. As I said before in many countries the legal burden of proof is on the ones defending a position instead of on the people attacking a position, and neither is wrong... But this is not a court of law, thus people can make claims without having to provide evidence as much as they want on forums or in conversations.
    You're wrong on pretty much all counts.

Burden of proof is always on the person making the positive claim. This is always the case because it is so out of logical necessity, since you cannot prove a non-thing. This does not change based on region. We're talking about logic, not law.

Nor does it changed based on whether someone is trying to "disprove an already proven premise." That doesn't even make sense; if the premises has been proven, then you can't disprove it because you can't disprove something true.

Furthermore, not all unproven claims are of equal value. It's not "wrong" to assume the OP is incorrect, when one side has reasonable arguments criticising one position, and the other has unsubstantiated theory. While neither claim might be proven, one position obviously has far more validity. The idea that all claims are equally false is silly. The OP just has an anecdotal story. Everyone else has a shopping list of logical reasons suggesting why that theory is extremely unlikely. That doesn't mean that the opposition is necessarily correct, but it renders their position a lot stronger and has a lot more validity.

And, again, you can't prove a non-thing. You cannot prove unicorns don't exist, all you can do is criticise the arguments made by those that claim they do. The burden of proof does not on those claiming they don't exist, as that is not a positive claim. People could offer nothing in response to the OP except to ask for evidence, and the burden would still be on him, and his claim would still be the suspect position.

It seems like you are arguing just to be contrary, but unfortunately you seem to be grossly misunderstanding how logical arguments work.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    This is incorrect and not how it's applied in common conversations. In the argument described in this thread the only logical position to take would be to suspend belief in both, exactly the position I suggested in my first reply to this thread.

We have the OP claiming that there is advantage in lootchances for streamers, or that the # of black pebbles in a jar are uneven.
    Others are claiming that there is no advantage for streamers, or that the # of black pebbles in a jar are even. It would be lunacy to pretend that all the burden of proof falls upon the OP because he brought up the statement of 'uneven pebbles' first.

And legal burden of proof is a completely different subject, in which indeed the burden of proof does switch around between defendant and accuser depending on what country or cultural background the court of law in question has, but this has no relevance to the subject of this thread, and was only brought up because someone else was trying to pretend that the US way of court of law was the only 'logically' correct one.

In this discussion neither claim has more validity than another. It's a complete fallacy to claim so, just because to you appears like 'common sense'. Does it appear like 'common sense' that streamers have no advantage? Obviously, but it's pretentious and incorrect to assume it's the inevitable truth.

The problem with forums is that many people only have very rudimentary courses in logic and they often don't even realize that their classes were tarred with a cultural brush, but most often because they wrongly apply the theories they only barely know. In the case of this discussion you'd not be attempting to proove a 'non-thing', thus the whole 'burden of proove rests on the person making the positive claim'-argument does not apply.

The only correct stance is to suspend belief in either.
    Is anyone else stricken by an immense sense of irony when reading Anarch debating the merits of logic?

On topic: RNG. How many threads does it need to understand randomly generated numbers?

Honestly its pretty much all relative and you cant prove it one way or the other. If a streamer gets 500 legendary in one day and I only get 50 then clearly the streamer gets better loot. You cant argue against that. 500>50 no matter how much you wanna sugar coat it saying its all RNG. At some point RNG ceases to be simply RNG and thats if a pattern emerges. If Person A gets 15 legendary a day for a month playing 5 hours and Streamer A plays for 5 hours every day for a month and gets 50 then how can you not say the streamer got more loot? If everything is equal im talking play time and difficulty played on and also clear speed and one person ends up with a huge difference in loot then how can you say they dont get better loot?

Saying someone doesnt get better loot is just as silly as OP saying they are flagged for good loot. If I see someone constantly getting far more drops than me even though play time is equal then the only conclusion is they get better drops. Luck is just a stupid supersition. It doesnt exist. No one is lucky. Winning the lottery isnt luck. Someone always has to win the lottery so its not lucky at all. Now maybe winning it 3 times and you might have a case for luck. But im pretty sure thats never happened.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-05-15 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard specifically looks at every individual account and specifically seeds accounts for better or worse loot. I have an inside source that can confirm.

You should take a statistics course, everyone should. It's not surprising that a streamer who plays 5+ hours a night will rack up the legendaries compared to a casual player. Let's consider the factors:

- time spent doing runs
    - number of runs per sessions
    - random number of legendaries found

There are numerous others, but you only consider one in your argument.