Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Might as well just abolish state governments and voting, apparently they mean nothing.
    Might as well move to another country if the Constitution is so abhorrent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    People are equal, but whole LGBT thing wants to be above everybody and gain profits because of other sexual preferences. Because it's very wrong and it's biggotry not to agree with LGBT!
    Wanting the right to marry as other americans have is the same thing as wanting to be above everybody and gain profits because of their sexual preferences?

And it was OK, now if you don't like homosexuality you're called bigot and discriminated. It's not serious. It's not freedom if I can't have my own opinion about same-sex marriages.
    If you don't partake of your own gender sexually, that's fine, I don't either.
    If you actively seek to damage the happiness of those who do, and protest that you don't like what other people like, that's not okay, it's none of your business?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    And it was OK, now if you don't like homosexuality you're called bigot and discriminated. It's not serious. It's not freedom if I can't have my own opinion about same-sex marriages.

People are equal, but whole LGBT thing wants to be above everybody and gain profits because of other sexual preferences. Because it's very wrong and it's biggotry not to agree with LGBT!

[Infracted]
    So you're upset you can't oppress people anymore without getting called out for it? It's fine that you don't "agree with homosexuality", whatever the heck that means, but if you elect a candidate or vote against something like same-sex marriage, it's no longer just an opinion as much as it's actively oppressing a group of people based on that opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You believe in fairies?
    He must believe in magic, like every young girl should.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    When will we be able to marry inanimate objects?
    When they can sign the marriage license.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Thread's been up for around 45 min and not a single negative post so far. Progress all around!
    you need an opposible thumb to control a mouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well just abolish state governments and voting, apparently they mean nothing.
    You need to do some learning... First off. Look at that map on the first page. That is EXACTLY what ´state´s right look like´. The fact that the supreme court still has not been forceful on this issue is because of state´s rights.

Also, again with the learning... our gov´t was set up with 3 equal parts. One of the main functions of the courts is to rule on the legality of laws. You want it your way, blacks still would not be voting in Georgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, hopefully the rest follow so I can stop hearing about something that should already be a basic right.
    You're a towel.

When will we be able to marry inanimate objects?
    you never met my ex-wife in bed.

- - - Updated - - -

[Infracted]
    so, you want the freedom to call someone a homosexual, but you want to remove the freedom of someone to call you a bigot?

it's sad that it's even an issue but at least there's progress. people shouldn't be persecuted for their tastes in companionship, only for the idiocy they post on the internet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen blue-eyed people dressed like women, crying 24/7 for equality and calling everyone who doesn't like them "blueeyeophobe!".
    You have obviously never met a lot of gay people if you think gay people all dress up as woman >.<

Deleted
    "Dominos keep falling" - what is this, 1960's Cold War?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You have obviously never met a lot of gay people if you think gay people all dress up as woman >.<
    He seems to be mistaking drag for homosexuality.

He needs to go watch RuPauls.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

It's like any other irrational belief. The person pinches tightly onto the belief and twists and spins the rest of reality to keep that belief in place.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gairai View Post
    "Dominos keep falling" - what is this, 1960's Cold War?
    For example, they might compare the propagation of equal rights for gays to militarism, even though if they were alive 40 years ago they'd probably be right there cheering on for a "fag drag". Or they themselves having entertained violent thoughts towards homosexuals at some point in time.

Deleted
    You can have your own opinions though. What you need to understand is that if you express an opinion others can judge you for it, kind of like how I would be called a racist for saying racist things.

No, LGBT(etc) want equal rights to other people which is not too much to ask and which there is no logical reason to deny. Although some LGBT(etc) people and allies can be pillocks at times about things.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

Honestly the addition of the 'T' doesn't really help with that confusion since it brings the association between trans people (which drag falls under) and homo/bisexuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Civil rights aren't up for popular vote.
    2) Constitutionally states have to recognize legal contracts formed in other states. Marriage is a legal contract, thus the problem of calling this a states rights issue.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know how voting works in the US.

Hint: People's rights aren't up for popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    When they can sign the marriage license.

Why do we need a marriage license and/or why must we register (With anything) to have a romantic relationship with someone/thing?

(answer must not include for tax purposes or anything income tax related)

Why do we need a marriage license and/or why must we register (With anything) to have a romantic relationship with someone/thing?

(answer must not include for tax purposes or anything income tax related)
    You don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So The US is slowly joining the rest of the civilized world?

- - - Updated - - -

[Infracted]

always relevant.