Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Please blanket nerf and do not implement item upgrades.

    This item upgrade idea is horrible. It equates to roughly a 12% power increase, can we please just have a blanket nerf to the raid. Personally I'm not happy the contents being nerfed anyway, but that's besides the point. I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state. 2 items per week for 64 items to upgrade means it will take 32 weeks for me to finish upgrading my gear. Thats around 7 months.

    Please reconsider and blanket nerf the content or remove VP cap so I can atleast go ham and just get it all upgraded.

    Nightrise.

    EDIT: Something I think a few people have missed out on by directly replying to my OP instead of reading replies throughout the thread is that we cleared SoO a few months back. I also wasn't even taking mainspec gear let alone offspec gear before all the DPS who shared gear with me were decked out in it, so any lootwhore comments seem pretty irrelivant, we're 8 months into Siege. I play four specs for fun, and I do have ranks in all the specs. The change is negative for anyone who plays multiple specs for fun (which there are a fair few). I would rather see content not nerfed atall, however if people insist on a nerf happening I'd rather it blanket nerfed it and removed Cutting Edge than a hidden nerf that does have negative effects on some people.

    Also no ones considered the effects on alts, the fact that its likely item level requirements for pugs you'd take your alts to will most likely rise in order for them to have the smoothest run possible. If you have been keeping up with your alts you'll manage, if you wanted to start a new alt you'll be in a state that you could get full heroic non-upgraded gear and be signifigantly behind on gear compared to people in normal gear that is.
    Last edited by Nightrisee; 2014-05-15 at 08:58 AM.

  2. #2
    No, you playing all 4 (lol) specs on your druid is your own choice, do you even realize how stupid that sounds?

    Please think before you decide make a thread next time.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    Yes but the OP needs to understand that his/her playstyle is extraordinary and isn't representative of a large portion of raiders. You can't expect Blizz to cater to such a small audience.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Yes but the OP needs to understand that his/her playstyle is extraordinary and isn't representative of a large portion of raiders. You can't expect Blizz to cater to such a small audience.
    That is no reason to be so rude about it. I disagree as well, but I don't feel the urge to call someone stupid.

    As for the actual matter: I doubt op that you are playing all of your character' specializations equally, so you can prioritize. What is more, if there is progress to be made, you will almost certainly get some new gear, so your progress in matters of power stemming from gear will increase anyway. And this seems a far more elegant way of progressing in raiding than getting what constitutes as a hand-out from the developers.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    This statement is wrong is so many ways.
    I meant catering to a small audience when the change effects everyone. Heroic raiding caters to a small audience but it doesn't really affect the LFR and casual raiders.

    Blizzard has stated that they don't like blanket nerfing content because they want character power to be consistent across all aspects of the game. Therefore they would rather buff player power and item upgrades are a great way to do it.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,410
    No. I don't care about SoO being nerfed or not, but the item upgrades are a long-overdue way to spend valor points.
    Nobody is forcing you to upgrade all your item sets. It's your own choice and nothing else.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    That is no reason to be so rude about it. I disagree as well, but I don't feel the urge to call someone stupid.

    As for the actual matter: I doubt op that you are playing all of your character' specializations equally, so you can prioritize. What is more, if there is progress to be made, you will almost certainly get some new gear, so your progress in matters of power stemming from gear will increase anyway. And this seems a far more elegant way of progressing in raiding than getting what constitutes as a hand-out from the developers.
    That's true the guy did go overboard but that's what anonymity does to people.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    No, you bring maximum bullshit to the raid, because you grab too much gear.
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

    Personality: INTJ

  9. #9
    Even for people who play two specs, that will take roughly 3.5 months to upgrade. I know pure DPS players who have different gear sets. This also makes all current rankings on worldoflogs / warcraftlogs irrelivant and makes it a pretty unrewarding environment to rank in when every week the next wave of people have an advantage over you. The question is; why are people who've farmed the full instance enough to be BiS and have taken the effort to upgrade gear being punished because other people can't clear the instance?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Please think before you decide to make a reply to a thread next time. Playing all 4 specs for raiding purposes means you're bringing maximum potential from your class to your raid group.
    Wait you bring all 4 specs to the same raid lockout, take forever to get gear for all 4 specs, and now are complaining that it will take longer to upgrade said gear that took a long time to obtain in the first place? lolwut?

  11. #11
    Only in the Bizarro-world of WoW could people see an additional opportunity to upgrade gear as "punishment."

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    2 items per week for 64 items to upgrade means it will take 32 weeks for me to finish upgrading my gear. Thats around 7 months.


    Nightrise.
    Well yeah. That's why they're using this method, to keep you playing. Also, some perspective -0 you don't need to have all 4 sets upgraded late in the game. You may want it, but that;s different.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    This also makes all current rankings on worldoflogs / warcraftlogs irrelivant
    This would also happen with a blanket nerf to boss hp etc, shorter fights means higher dps.

  14. #14
    Blanket nerf doesn't do what item upgrades do - they don't prolong content for 3 months (artificially or not).

    But there is other question which should be asked by the players. According to various blue posts, once WoD patch hits, all reforges, "incompatible" enchants and item upgrades will be stripped from all the gear. I might be wrong about item upgrades though. But it wouldn't feel encouraging to grind for 3 months just for it to be reverted to none. Well, all this (especially with incoming "item squish") just doesn't make any sense tbh.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Not complaining. Just countering the douchebag response.
    Its just a ploy to get people to stick around for a few more months while they finish WoD.

  16. #16
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    17,048
    It's kind of funny... All these complaint threads translate into "I don't want to spend time".
    Why not? Just to be able to complain of having nothing to do anymore?

    Can't do anything to please everyone, I guess...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  17. #17
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Only in the Bizarro-world of WoW could people see an additional opportunity to upgrade gear as "punishment."
    If Blizzard does nothing, people complain about Blizzard doing nothing. If Blizzard does something, people complain about it.
    Whatever they do, people won't be satisfied.

  18. #18
    People can't control themselves, and demand limits be placed on everyone so they don't have to try to control themselves. Film at 11.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  19. #19
    Moderator Wilderness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,124
    This is a much better way to nerf the content. For guilds that are at a wall and just having trouble with a specific boss then this helps them immediately upgrade their important pieces and thus will help them with those harder fights. If you're just farming H SoO then it makes it faster. If you're just starting out raiding or early on in raiding SoO then this isn't much of a boost for you because you're still regularly getting upgrades so you aren't going to have the VP or the gear to upgrade a lot of stuff that much.

    I like this a lot better than a large blanket nerf. The only thing I'd say is that with this being implemented I'd rather they take away the "ahead of the curve/cutting edge" achievements.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,721
    If Item upgrades are nerfs. What is gear upgrades then? Content is nerfed the entire expansion by people's logic.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •