Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Epic Secrets of the Empire RNG luck :D

So, on my newly created warlock I've just got to the stage in the legendary questline where you have to obtain 20 Secrets of the Empire... I thought it's going to be the same as on my rogue, where I spent nearly 7 weeks there, but oh my, this is quite a surprise.

11 secrets during the first lockout.

What was your luck with these? How many did you get in your first lockout? Share!

I'm not sure that these kinds of threads are okay, so if you mods decide it's not OK you can always close or delete it, but oh my, the joy of getting lucky once in a while...

Deleted
    My brother and I started playing again around beginning of march or something like that after stopping at the beginning of Cataclysm. (Last time I actively raided was in WotLK)
    We decided to both start again at the same time and level together, which was fun.
    Last week (ID beginning on 08.05.14) his DK-Twink and my Shaman-Main both finished the 3k Valor-Quest and could get the Secrets.
    He had more luck than me... EXACTLY as much luck as you :/
    On his Rogue (his Main) he had 7/6/7 drops.
    His first ID on his DK granted him 11 secrets, while I got 5 :/
    On the plus side: This ID I'm still missing Galakras and Iron Juggernaut, but I'm already up to 14 secrets, so 9 this week, which is good.
    Hopefully I'll get the 6 remaining within the next ID, ideally before Lei Shen and the Sha of Pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also recently did this and I got 10 my first lockout, 8 the second ... and then while I was getting excited at getting the last 2 quickly and starting the next dropped item quest I only got the guaranteed 2 drops in my 3rd lockout. Ah well.

Enjoy your secrets luck, because I can guarantee you will have an utterly abysmal time with the runestones
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Enjoy your secrets luck, because I can guarantee you will have an utterly abysmal time with the runestones
    I've noticed that people have grown fond of using the word abysmal every time they can Although yes, I agree, I also fear that I'll have extremely bad luck with the runestones. Still remember that moment when I only had the two guaranteed runestones 2 lockouts in a row, then eventually ended up at 11/12 and no more bosses to drop from ;d

I've gotten 10 runestones this week (just came back), i think they've buffed the drop rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Honestly runestones have become pretty easy assuming you can muster up a heroic tot group.

Ra den since 5.3 has become a guaranteed stone (wasn't ever guaranteed before, just was another boss) and sha is guaranteed. That right there is 3 bosses with guaranteed drops. And if you are lucky, you will finish secrets without ever completing these 3 bosses for the week. So you can get 3 runestones the final secrets week and finish it in 2 weeks later.

My friends priest finished his secrets in 2 weeks (he completed valor without going into a tot / siege) and finished secrets 2 days after the first week ended (so essentially he finished valor at the end of that week and ran tot after, finishing the secrets that tuesday after), saving raden / and sha. meaning in the span of two weeks he managed to finish up 3k valor, finish secrets, and get onto 2 runestones. That is pretty damn lucky IMO

Deleted
    Took me 5 weeks to get legendary cape for alt wlock, started from nothing. Lvl 90 on Sunday, all sigils in that reset, next three resets I was collecting valors and final reset of valor quest I capped valors without tot. Can't remember how my secrets and runestones were, but on the last week of it I was sitting at 11/12 stones and made group for ra-den.

Notice 5 weeks, not resets.

E. Now I got priest who collected secrets in TWO reset and still got 4 runestones on the second week. Now this reset I got only two runestones for it.

At the same time I'm doing same for alt Druid and it sits at 13 secrets when I started collecting those at the same time.
    Last edited by mmoce9f8e04ff2; 2014-05-17 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    Honestly runestones have become pretty easy assuming you can muster up a heroic tot group.

Ra den since 5.3 has become a guaranteed stone (wasn't ever guaranteed before, just was another boss) and sha is guaranteed. That right there is 3 bosses with guaranteed drops. And if you are lucky, you will finish secrets without ever completing these 3 bosses for the week. So you can get 3 runestones the final secrets week and finish it in 2 weeks later.

My friends priest finished his secrets in 2 weeks (he completed valor without going into a tot / siege) and finished secrets 2 days after the first week ended (so essentially he finished valor at the end of that week and ran tot after, finishing the secrets that tuesday after), saving raden / and sha. meaning in the span of two weeks he managed to finish up 3k valor, finish secrets, and get onto 2 runestones. That is pretty damn lucky IMO
    Eh, RNG is still RNG. The past 3 weeks I've gotten just the 2 guaranteed runestones each time (I haven't had access to H ToT).

My first raid lockout when doing the secrets netted me a total of 7. This week I got.. 4 and still have SoO to do.

My mage got 13 in the first lockout, then 7 in the second lockout (from the first 7 ToT bosses, so I actually had a lot of runestone bosses left)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

i got 8 my first week, then 4 the next. then 4 the next. then 4 the last week. managed to save lei shen one titan runestone after that. overall it took 4 weeks but it went by fast i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    I certainly can attest to that, but when I completed my 5th legendary cloak...on my 3rd week of Runestones I went from 5 to 12 (3-2-7). 7 Runestones. Could have been 8 if I did Ra-Den I guess lol. Epic.

Deleted
    I've got 10 secrets in the first week then 3 in the second, 4 in the third and only 2(!) in the fourth on one alt... It never took me less then 3-4 weeks to get them all on one character I didn't farm ra-den on any of them though (speaking of 5.4 alts).

Deleted
    I actually had insane luck when ToT originally came out(in 5.2). My first week gave 7, the 2nd week gave 11(10 bosses on hc) and I had all 20 in the third week before Ji'kun. And then I had to wait like 3 weeks for the server to unlock Nalak.

I had the runestones at a similar pace, and there I had to wait for 5.3 as the cloak was not ingame yet...

2 alts in the alt run i do both for 15 secrets week 1.... i got 4 and this week 3 RNG not good for me but i guess cloak #9 = fuck you no secrets have fun waiting!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the leg. quest on all 11 chars on my main server, got the runestones in 2 resets on a couple of them. RNG=RNG

I started collecting those at the same time.
    Last edited by lessleyxip; 2014-05-19 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    This reset I needed 3 more Titan Runestones to complete the quest. Sha and Lei Shen both guaranteed drops. The other 5 bosses in TOT and 7 in SOO dropped none and I have to wait till next reset for that last Runestone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Took me 5 weeks to get legendary cape for alt wlock, started from nothing. Lvl 90 on Sunday, all sigils in that reset, next three resets I was collecting valors and final reset of valor quest I capped valors without tot. Can't remember how my secrets and runestones were, but on the last week of it I was sitting at 11/12 stones and made group for ra-den.
    5 weeks, i call bullshit.

1st. Sigils.
    4th. Valor done, started empires. 16 bosses, 20 needed.
    6th. Started runestones, a chance to finish it but highly unlikely, you need a runestone from pretty much all bosses.
    7-9th week: Where you probably finished it.