Elixir of Ancient knowledge...

Does it exist?

70+ kills nothing

I've gotten two of them, one from Archy on the isle, and another from Krol the Blade in the Dread Wastes. Arch has a 2% drop rate, according to WoWhead, while Krol has 10%.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"So say I, Hilda of Lorule."

70+ kills is really bad, I tend to get it at least every 10 kills, well I mean this is on Krol.

I think the longest Krol kill streak I went on before I got one to drop was 32. I have three(I think) sitting around at the moment, really haven't found a toon I feel like leveling again. Perhaps I'll farm a few more and then RaF two more toons with full heirlooms plus RaF bonus plus Elixir, and then I'll just spam run them though dungeons with a 90.

if you're farming on TI make sure you're camping the correct mob. if I remember right there's two versions of the mob, one rare and one summoned, with the same name but different loot tables
    I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me...
    read my weirdness!
    or play my Portal 2 chambers! or both!

Used 1 for my mage 80-85 in 20 minutes carried by 4 geared dps plow. Running out the instance is pain in ass as long u take the shortcut. Just 5 runs then ur good to go. DO NOT DIE I REPEAT DO NOT DIE!! Yah it took me a while to get this item from arch of flame... >.>
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2014-05-20 at 03:47 AM.

I'm farming him as we speak.

I've killed around 300 throughout the expansion.

Got around 20, longest streak is probably around 35.

Never seen it from Arch on Timeless Isle.

it sure does

i like it brah

i've gotten about 12 of them, i used to camp it back when i was leveling an alt up.

It's worth it. so fun xp FLYs in

wowsers 70!? I think i got my first on like my 10th+ kill? Second and third came quick after that, and i havnt tried since. This is on Krol, not the TI rare. Sometimes i feel like i get decent on RNG on random stuff like this, then lady luck screws me over on the things im really looking forward too.

Best of luck farming!

At that rate the time you save by using the elixir does not even make up the time you have wasted camping/killing the mob dropping it. So cute!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    At that rate the time you save by using the elixir does not even make up the time you have wasted camping/killing the mob dropping it. So cute!
    Some people would rather stick rusty nails into there eyeballs than to do Outlands and Northrend again LOL

I did farm this item by sticking a alt on where the mob spawns and lucky for me that alt was on a dead server cause i planned to get the item to give to another alt that was on a server i rerolled.

When i roll alts now i do it a little bit at a time and only do them when i get rested XP and this item really is a god send

Stealth nerfed after level 90 boosts were available
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Just buy another copy of the game + MOP for 3 months of Elixir. aka RaF. Plus there's another cool RAF mount coming.