Deleted

Warcraft movie footage may show up at Comic-Con

According to Thomas Tull (founder of Legendary Pictures) we may see footage from from the movie at Comic-con and the movie will focus on two "tribes".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...-on-two-tribes
    Producer Thomas Tull has been talking about his film adaptation of World of Warcraft, revealing that footage from the movie – which is simply titled Warcraft – will screen at Comic-Con this year. He also hinted that the film will focus on two tribes.

Speaking to IGN on the London leg of the Godzilla publicity tour, Tull said: “Doing a videogame movie has not really been done well, and I think part of the reason for that is it’s been done for the wrong reasons. If you simply say ‘How many people have played the game? How much money can we make?’ You’re doomed. You’re doomed right off the start.

“Bringing a filmmaker like Duncan [Jones] onboard to distill that and bring the incredible cast onboard that he was able to get… we hope that when you see the first trailer for it, you’re going to say ‘OK, this is not what I was expecting.’ He’s an incredibly exciting filmmaker.”

We asked Tull when we might see that trailer, to which he responded “We show up every summer at Comic-Con – we really enjoy it, and the fans seem to enjoy taking a look at things, so I wouldn’t be surprised.”

As for what the film will focus on, Tull told us on the New York leg of the tour: “With a great cast, there’s a lot of folks to follow, so I’d look more in that direction because there’s so many talented people working on it… We’re very aware of the fact that in the mythology of Warcraft, there are two tribes – two big things to follow. We think you’re going to get a chance to look at both.”

Warcraft, of course, features multiple tribes. If Jones is drawing on specific tribes from the source material, which would you most like to see appear in the film?

Warcraft is set to hit screens March 2016.
    If they show footage at Comic-Con, whould they show anything a BlizzCon? and What do you think he means by "tribes"? Personaly I think he ment factions but what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    According to Thomas Tull (founder of Legendary Pictures) we may see footage from from the movie at Comic-con and the movie will focus on two "tribes".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...-on-two-tribes

If they show footage at Comic-Con, whould they show anything a BlizzCon? and What do you think he means by "tribes"? Personaly I think he ment factions but what do you think?
    I'm mostly looking forward to the freak out on here like there was when they announced they weren't going to show the thing from last years Comic-Con.

Though, this time, since people expect it to be there, it'll likely be bootlegged at the very least.

if they show something at comic-con they'll probably have a larger presentation for blizzcon and a Q&A panel

"We’re very aware of the fact that in the mythology of Warcraft, there are two tribes – two big things to follow. We think you’re going to get a chance to look at both." has to be poor wording referring to Horde and Alliance

Kinda sucks that the Comic Con stuff is private though. They apparantly showed something last year, some test footage, and it didn't really get leaked.

Probably going to be the usual closed door jerk fest that they always do with 'exclusive' content. See last years teaser. Seriously wish they would get of their high horse and learn that releasing a full HD version on youtube in parallel is better than some shitting handheld video someone will manage to sneak out.

I can understand the incentive to provide 'exclusive' content but at this point, and for many years, San Diego Comic con has become practically closed to the general public. Their stupid policy of first come first serve for the next con, starting at the current con means hardly any tickets became available to newcomers.

/rant /jelly

Well the pro is they'd have all the footage filmed. It's just a matter of what scenes they'd actually have produced and ready to show for Comic-con.

I could understand them having exclusive footage if they had something like a paid live feed or something but having it exclusive to the people who live nearby or can afford long distance travel and expensive hotels (safe bet that every hotel near the convention will up their prices for that weekend) is ridiculous

Someone will probably leak if they know its coming

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Probably going to be the usual closed door jerk fest that they always do with 'exclusive' content. See last years teaser. Seriously wish they would get of their high horse and learn that releasing a full HD version on youtube in parallel is better than some shitting handheld video someone will manage to sneak out.

I can understand the incentive to provide 'exclusive' content but at this point, and for many years, San Diego Comic con has become practically closed to the general public. Their stupid policy of first come first serve for the next con, starting at the current con means hardly any tickets became available to newcomers.

/rant /jelly
    They haven't had that in place for two years now.