Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    For the love of god, if it bothers all those guilds so much, then they can have their raid team... now stay with me here, this is where it gets complicated... IGNORE the extra item levels.

I know this sounds complex, but I've thankfully completed an undergrad degree in comp science, and have done all the calculations on this one. According to my results, choosing to ignore the newly added item levels will result in the game's difficulty remaining comparable to what it is today.

Upon further calculation, I've also determined that screenshots of your gear at the time of your Garrosh kill would be acceptable proof in disproving anyone accusing your team of taking advantage of the nerf. An additional conclusion reached indicates that no one outside of your group will care when you actually achieved your goals, as this content is well over 6 months old already. So ignoring the item levels will still provide you with the same amount of satisfaction.

My testing has reached one final conclusion. Should this be the issue that destroys your guild, as hyperbolically stated up above, it's stability was questionable to begin with, and most likely would not have survived the transition into Warlords to begin with.

No... no... no need to thank me. I do what I do for the good of the community, not for praise or accolades. In lieu of showering me with gold in game for solving your terrible crisis, I urge your raid team to send any and all donations to the Children's Week Scholastic Fund.

Good luck, and god speed.
    +1

Thread Over.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Perhaps increasing the valor cap to 1,500 or 2000 would have been idea for some people, especially if they take up 1 or 2 more roles in the raid.

These buffs to item level is great for classes which scale well i.e. feral druids, locks, arcane mages. What about Death Knights and Hunters? These classes don't scale as well, the main reason why you buffed their overall attack power by 10%. Can we see another change like this to level out the playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I find the level of entitled casualness/ or less committed or skilled people overwhelming...
    Entitled? We're not demanding Blizzard make this change. Blizzard decided to.

One, his guild failed to clear 14/14 heroic by this point and I should point out that the raid has been out for what...32 weeks or so, which is 8 months. Yeah, if he didn't get it by now, he probably isn't getting it. He doesn't get to complain that Blizzard is unfairly nerfing the content before he can finish it. If Blizzard did this 2 weeks into the tier he'd definitely have cause to complain but this is more than a half year later, when all of the hardcore guilds have finished it by months.

Two, he doesn't have to upgrade his gear 8 items levels. No one has to. Better believe they will, but they certainly do not have to.

Three, this isn't that big. If you're wiping at 50% on a boss, this isn't going to magically fix it or catapult you to 8/14 or 10/14 heroic. This is just going to help those guilds that are stuck at that 1 - 5% range on a boss they can't seem to get past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    why nerf content when you can buff the players. makes sense from a design pov and gives struggling guilds another avenue to overcome obstacles.
    Exactly! Not only was this probably easier from a design perspective, but the effects are permanent. While +8 ilvls won't help my guild clear Garrosh Normal (yes, we really are that bad collectively) at least I will deal with non-flying questing by running directly into the largest packs of monsters I can find while yelling "FEAR ME, NON-ELITE MONSTERS OF DRAENOR! DO YOU WANT MORE OF THE BRECCIA? I DIDN'T THINK SOOOOOOO!"

I've spoken to 3 other GMs about this, one of which is 6/14hc, 10/14hc, and 13/14hc who all think that this is absolutely absurd. I'd rather not have the achievement of killing garrosh, than having the achievement that has "POST-NERF" written all over it. No one wants to be the guy who killed dumbed down content.
    How is it "dumbed down content" if it never got nerfed? Its the same content, we are just a little stronger.

I mean you could always choose to not upgrade the extra 2 times on all your items if you wanted to...

10+ Year Old Account
    "C) They've hit a road block, or can't progress further. Well you have another good few months to clear the content. I don't know about you, but i'd rather spend the next months progressing on a boss than sitting doing farm week after week. It just doesn't make sense."

Blizz has already addressed this option. They have found that people dont just keep wiping - they quit. When people quit subs drop. When subs drop investors call and ask WTF is happening.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

This is more or less something they thought up to give us something to do for 7 more weeks. Valor cap yourself for 6-7 weeks and realize that you are out of things to upgrade again. This does nothing to help players who are gearing up as they will not have the valor to upgrade the gear like the players that are already maxed out. So the players who are maxed out, with the gear, will be punching through the nerf wall and the rest who are gearing up won't spend valor on gear they will replace and won't be punching through the nerf wall.

GJ Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    While your comment is true. It is also very much out of touch with the reality of a raiding guild or atleast a raiding guild who takes raiding more serious.
    And no I am not talking about GM's and officers bullying their guildies into doing stuff they don't want. Those guilds cannot exist for long.

I am talking about actually wanting to progress with your guild, be the best on atleast your server. You WANT/NEED to be the best geared, to give yourself and your guild an advantage vs the AI. And thus clearing faster, which in turn attracts more recruits.
    There is no one who is the best at WoW or the best on a server or even the 100th best on a non-dead server who needs a gear upgrade for progression now or even three months ago.

The only thing upgraded gear is good for now is:

(1) Making heroic carries easier
    (2) Pointless epeen wagging
    (3) Killing 10M health mobs in 12 seconds instead of 15 seconds.
    (4) Progressing through harder bosses if you are very, very much NOT the best at WoW and/or just don't play much and/or are playing for the first time this tier/expansion.

All of these are fine but there are none of them that have the slightest fucking thing to do with "being your best" or "taking the game seriously."