Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    No, your source is in fact a twitter account. You could link the twitter account of putin himself saying that he personally ordered troops into Ukraine, and we would still dismiss it. Twitter is not a valid source of information in this thread, period.
    But the source are GPS coordinates, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    But the source are GPS coordinates, lol.
    Again, the source is in the form of a twitter account. Twitter is not a valid source of information in this thread. We do not use twitter, because your team refused to believe that twitter is a valid source of information. You can post it here all you'd like, but it will not be counted, nor viewed as a valid source of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Again, the source is in the form of a twitter account. Twitter is not a valid source of information in this thread. We do not use twitter, because your team refused to believe that twitter is a valid source of information. You can post it here all you'd like, but it will not be counted, nor viewed as a valid source of information.
    So twitter is not valid source of information, we get it. Logic isn't valid too? Common sense?
    And it's russians who are brainwashed, yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But that cannot be true. Russia is irrelevant. your words.
    They cannot all have border conflicts.
    The nations that abstained for fear of irritating Russia are as irrelevant as Russia on the world stage (they just lack the nukes and the vestiges of Soviet power that are the only things Russia has going for it), sorry but true. Being relevant to those that are irrelevant doesn't make you relevant to everyone else...

Russia needs to stick to what it does best, supplying the world with cheap materials and cheap weapons.

Not all, but many.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Russia needs to stick to what it does best, supplying the world with cheap materials and cheap weapons.
    I'm pretty sure Russia can figure out what to do on its own.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by CelliX View Post
    Yeah, those who coordinated today's protest had faked their location because... uhm... reasons.
    Who the fuck knows? Maybe they wanted to use a secure proxy to avoid government monitors/trackers. It's something oppressed minorities in authoritarian regimes do worldwide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm pretty sure Russia can figure out what to do on its own.
    Yup, supply cheap materials and cheap weapons. It has failed at everything else.

So twitter is not valid source of information, we get it. Logic isn't valid too? Common sense?
    And it's russians who are brainwashed, yeah...
    I have never once claimed that all Russians are brainwashed, and especially not in this thread.

If you people understand that Twitter isn't A valid source of information, then stop trying to convince us that it is. It's that simple. You and Megraam have been going on about how "it's not twitter that is the source of information, but the information that is on twitter that is!" for about A page now. If you understand, then stop bringing it up.
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Who the fuck knows? Maybe they wanted to use a secure proxy to avoid government monitors/trackers. It's something oppressed minorities in authoritarian regimes do worldwide.
    And they did it in the most stupid and compromising way they could. Riiight.

If possible, could you actually provide the original link to the actual twitter account in question? Not the screen cap, but the actual twitter link.

I have never once claimed that all Russians are brainwashed, and especially not in this thread.

If you people understand that Twitter isn't A valid source of information, then stop trying to convince us that it is. It's that simple. You and Megraam have been going on about how "it's not twitter that is the source of information, but the information that is on twitter that is!" for about A page now. If you understand, then stop bringing it up.
    We're not in the court - i'm not saying that twitter is an evidence. I just want you to think for a second, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

If possible, could you actually provide the original link to the actual twitter account in question? Not the screen cap, but the actual twitter link.
    https://twitter.com/euromanezhka/sta...86473406963712
    https://twitter.com/euromanezhka/sta...33068958449664

And a few tweets before and after that one. Specifically, tweets calling for a rally itself and more recent ones, right before rally began.
    Last edited by CelliX; 2014-12-30 at 09:49 PM.

We're not in the court - i'm not saying that twitter is an evidence. I just want you to think for a second, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/euromanezhka/sta...86473406963712

And a few tweets before and after that one. Specifically, tweets calling for a rally itself and more recent ones, right before rally began.
    Alright, thank you.

Are you saying that all those tools and networks created to allow, for example, Chinese to circumvent government monitors don't exist? Or that in order to avoid being traced by authorities for expressing dissent, one wouldn't use these tools and networks? Especially if one is organizing a rally whose views are against the regime? Okay. It's your opinion. But unless we have access to Twitter's systems, neither of us can definitively say exactly where they are.

Those tweets are useless when there aren't enough paid shills to make it loot legit on the ground.

Are you saying that all those tools and networks created to allow, for example, Chinese to circumvent government monitors don't exist? Or that in order to avoid being traced by authorities for expressing dissent, one wouldn't use these tools and networks? Especially if one is organizing a rally whose views are against the regime? Okay. It's your opinion. But unless we have access to Twitter's systems, neither of us can definitively say exactly where they are.
    Exactly. When I first saw this twitter, it looked like it was just to good to be true. It seems more likely that it was created by the Russian government, or maybe someone who wants to discredit the movement- by associating it with Washington. It just seems to... perfect for me to take it seriously.

As the saying goes: If something looks to good to be true, it most likely is.

I'm saying that using proxies to mark your posts as if they are made in Washington while rallying people in Russia makes no sense. The location marks have dissapeared soon afterwards. So it's either a twisted plot or they've fucked up. Ockham's razor.

And remember what i've said about all similar rallies in other countries. They're identical. And using social networks and twitter is a well established MO of our "foreign partners".

And btw, do you really think that russian people are so oppressed that we have to use proxies to access and post on Twitter? Man.
    Last edited by CelliX; 2014-12-30 at 09:59 PM.

I'm saying that using proxies to mark your posts as if they are made in Washington while rallying people in Russia makes no sense. The location marks have dissapeared soon afterwards. So it's either a twisted plot or they've fucked up. Ockham's razor.

And remember what i've said about all similar rallies in other countries. They're identical. And using social networks and twitter is a well established MO of our "foreign partners".

And btw, do you really think that russian people are so oppressed that we have to use proxies to access and post on Twitter? Man.
    Same can be said for Russia, and any other country that has access to internet. However, A twitter account alone will not incite people to overthrow their government. People also have to want change.

FYI people, this is what an actual discussion between two opposing parties looks like. Not the nonsensical BS that has been going on for the past few days.

Same can be said for Russia, and any other country that has access to internet. However, A twitter account alone will not incite people to overthrow their government. People also have to want change.

FYI people, this is what an actual discussion between two opposing parties looks like. Not the nonsensical BS that has been going on for the past few days.
    But we don't want to change. We like the course we're going - we want to be independent and be treated as equals. And all we get in response is a constant demonization. Not a day goes by without someone out there calling Russia's president a new Hitler, accusing us of shooting down planes and killing civilians.

Really, is it that difficult to ask yourself a question - "Why would they do that?". To expand our territories? Come on. To randomly kill a few thousands of people? Why?
    Last edited by CelliX; 2014-12-30 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    But we don't want to change. We like the course we're going - we want to be independent and be treated as equals. And all we get in response is a constant demonization. Not a day goes by without someone out there calling Russia's president a new Hitler, accusing us of shooting down planes and killing civilians.

Really, is it that difficult to ask yourself a question - "Why would they do that?". To expand our territories? Come on. To randomly kill a few thousands of people? Why?
    Yes I am asking myself why did Russians occupy Crimea and why do they support terrorists in the rest of Ukraine. Because there seems to be no rational reason to do so and yet Russia is doing those things
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yes I am asking myself why did Russians occupy Crimea and why do they support terrorists in the rest of Ukraine. Because there seems to be no rational reason to do so and yet Russia is doing those things
    Why do you call Russian population of Crimea - occupants? And why do you call Ukrainians in the eastern Ukraine terrorists?
    Are you brain-washed or something?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side