The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The cause is getting out from underneath the heal of the USSR (read Russia) and running head long to the West.
    See, I was right, you don't know the difference...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, show me non-fairy-tail "beliefs" that Russian economy is not stable. Seriously. Preferably by people who already made predictions about Russia at least a few months ago that also came true.

Did you actually read article? What facts from it do you wish to dispute?

You're the one who lives in fairy tale of Russian collapse.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34898347

This is just one of my few dozen links that detail the state of the Russian economy. Remember when I posted this A week and a half ago, when you were doing the same thing you are today? I think it's common fucking knowledge at this point how much I have linked, and what I have linked.

Any "news" that comes from Russia, I take it with A truckload of salt. We have all seen the freedom of press index.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post

Any "news" that comes from Russia, I take it with A truckload of salt. We have all seen the freedom of press index.
    Funny, that very index is the reason I too poison my body with salt when reading western news.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Funny, that very index is the reason I too poison my body with salt when reading western news.
    I don't get it. Are you implying that everything in Russia is backwards to the West? Where is the joke in this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    how convenient for you that we are supposed to ignore the fact that you are actually a victim of a much bigger propaganda machine
    Doing self projection are we?

Deleted
    It must be hard to see the difference between giving something a spin and outright creating state propaganda with fake american weapons.

I mean did this footage run it's course in russian state television without saying that it's actually built after a computer game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Are you implying that everything in Russia is backwards to the West? Where is the joke in this?
    Western countries have very good index. Index is "calculated" by western organisation "Reporters without borders". Who basically say that "Our media is free" and all the "bad" countries don't have free media. It's no joke.

The joke is that you trust them. Blindly. It's easier I know, index is just a number, the smaller the better, EASY. No thinking involved. Orwell approves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    I mean did this footage run it's course in russian state television without saying that it's actually built after a computer game?
    No. So it makes me think that it was created by Western media to discredit Russian media. Nothing new here. The 3rd world war (Media War) is going as planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I was right, you don't know the difference...
    Russia and Poland threw off communism, Poland turned to the West at the same time. Poland's GDP continued to climb from that point until the world recession except for a small blip in 1990. Russia's FELL from 1990 until 2000 despite sitting on all that oil and great Soviet infrastructure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia and Poland threw off communism, Poland turned to the West at the same time. Poland's GDP continued to climb from that point until the world recession except for a small blip in 1990. Russia's FELL from 1990 until 2000 despite sitting on all that oil and great Soviet infrastructure.
    I wonder who lost the most with USSR fall... but you don't care, right, you really love to compare apples to pineapples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who lost the most with USSR fall... but you don't care, right, you really love to compare apples to pineapples.
    Oh thats easy, Russia lost her empire, she was the clear loser. Everyone else was a clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikeal View Post
    I dont think he beliefs in the Russian econimical collapse but I bet that he just as as I cant wait to see the oil (and with it gas) crashing back to 40-45$ mark this autumn, next year and year after that... lets see how the knees of Russian economy feel then.
    Well, surpise - i'm eagerly waiting for it too! Finally chance to actually make other industries more competitive then overblown resource extraction sector, and really drive government investments there!

...except it will probably not happen. Sadly, everything points out to shale companies being first victims with their hedges running out, and then entire thing will reverse

Lets just say - say ''bye bye'' +55$ oil.
    Not for long enough i'm afraid.

I wish I wasnt a lazy asshole - I`d quote that midget (your President) going full retard saying that worlds economy will collapse, suffer or whatever it was due to oil being lower than 80$.
    Never actually happened; what he said was a lot more mild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thats easy, Russia lost her empire, she was the clear loser. Everyone else was a clear winner.
    Back on Russia bashing tracks so soon? Changing topic once again...

Let's get back. So Russia lost a lot and had much to recover from, unlike Poland who didn't lose a thing, in fact Poland gained a thing - full sovereignty. So I wonder why it took Russia longer to recover...

Because Poland chose west, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34898347

This is just one of my few dozen links that detail the state of the Russian economy. Remember when I posted this A week and a half ago, when you were doing the same thing you are today? I think it's common fucking knowledge at this point how much I have linked, and what I have linked.
    "Debt Crisis in Regions!"... i remember same headlines for California; still there.
    "Poverty critical"? Come on, they do have support programs in place to deal with that...
    "Ruble rate goes lower" - that's actually positive sign.
    "Oil-thirsty China is a winner" - actually, China just "indefinitely postponed" Altai gas pipeline plans due to their economy slowdown lately. They might not not be quite as oil-thirsty in a few years.

Anyone with "predictive power" between Western analyst talking about Russia (and they do exist) sadly gets drowned by those who just tell what public what it wants to hear - "Russia is doomed".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yeah, Ukraine is a real winner
    They are doing just absolutely great!
    You think they would be better off still part of Russia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    You think they would be better off still part of Russia?
    Without a doubt. But it would've been also better for Russia so Ukraine had to go sovereign for the first time in its entire history...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    Nobody can really contest that simple truth.
    This is the Putin/Ukraine thread. Fear not intrepid adventurer... The attempt shall be made!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, surpise - i'm eagerly waiting for it too! Finally chance to actually make other industries more competitive then overblown resource extraction sector, and really drive government investments there!

...except it will probably not happen. Sadly, everything points out to shale companies being first victims with their hedges running out, and then entire thing will reverse

Not for long enough i'm afraid.

Never actually happened; what he said was a lot more mild.
    You know, if you want to blame SOMEONE for this, you blame Vladmir Putin. This failure is his fault.

Like I've said it before. Let's roll back the clock to 1999 and 2000 when Vladmir Putin showed up on the scene. What was the American economy like then? More industrial. Less finance-oriented. And tech? In it's very infancy. The US surging growth in tech, year over year. The growth in wealth and power of Silicon Valley, and now newer tech places like Boston, New York, Raleigh, Dallas... that all happened SINCE 2000. That wasn't gifted to us from Reagan or Cold War spending. It isn't some inheritence. As Vladmir Putin has been getting Russia to drill and dig it's way to a stronger economy, the US did what advanced economies do and diversified. The result? Google more powerful than most governments in the world. iPhones. A exponentionally growing internet that largely passes through the US despite years of pronouncements about how that's really going to change this year.

This is important because there is no foreign alternative to US technology dominence. Europe's tried. They're stilling trying. They've utterly failed. There is no European alternative to Google or Android (for example). Nor is there a real Asian-Market one, domestic Chinese stuff aside. The point is, Russia has really good computer scientists and engineers. I know because I've worked with them for many years and I really like working with them. But they're here to live. There is no institutions, no finance, in Russia, for them to persue their careers.

Vladmir Putin's Russia, awash in easy money and capital from the committees boom, should have and could have taken that money and built Europe's Silicon Valley. You want a missed opporunity. Exhibit A. The fact that does not exist is perhaps one of Putin's most significant and lasting failures. Just keep in mind, when the Russian Space Program essentially shuts down mid next decade due to lack of funds, it'll be an American California-based start up that didn't exist when Putin became President, that pushed it out of the market.

Putin wasted so much time and so much money. But hey, at least Sochii was money well spent, am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on Russia bashing tracks so soon? Changing topic once again...

Let's get back. So Russia lost a lot and had much to recover from, unlike Poland who didn't lose a thing, in fact Poland gained a thing - full sovereignty. So I wonder why it took Russia longer to recover...

Because Poland chose west, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Had they continued to have a Russian albatross round their neck, Poland would have slumped like Russia did.

Deleted
    Sadly, everything points out to shale companies being first victims with their hedges running out, and then entire thing will reverse
    And yet again you managed to do it - highlighting your ignorance.

There will be no reversal, oil is stuck in 40-60$ for a long, long time. We are talking at least this decade, if not next one aswell.

How long? Till shale revolution keeps on going. And there is no stopping that - you see, its quite literally a technological revolution.

A revolution that isnt stopping at all - the beauty of shale technology is that its nothing like your typical oil/gas extraction - price goes, rigs get taken off, price goes up, they go back in. And we are not talking about +/- 20$ change here, its literally changes +/- 5$ margin. Unlike massive Siberia projects that require years of work and stupendous amount of infrastructure, the shale technology doesnt need it. Its very much plug-in, plug-out.
    And its evolving at breathtaking speeds too allowing to drill in deeper and cheaper. The wells that might`ve been to complex 10 years ago are now easily accesible. Think what the situation will be 10 years from now on.

Every country is hopping aboard the shale hype train - and its a hype train that is very real and a long-term one.
    Australians are on it, the British are on it, the Japanese are on it, Chinese are on it and well - every single country which cares about something other than regime survival is on it.

And it has passed the endurance stresses - everyone back in December were predicting that its over...and yet the rig count in US in this quarter has grown, dipping from time to time only to recovered. Its flexibility is very,very underestimated.

And especially considering how Chinese economy is going sideways and how relentlessly the Iranians are going to reconquer their lost niche (and lets be real here, their targer market is Europe and they are more than willing to give massive discounts just to worm their way in to massive European market and Chinese market too (already plans to extend Iran-Pakistan pipeline to China with a massive amount of both resources) - thats it, the age of cheap oil and gas is here. And I`ll enjoy it very much. And I`ll enjoy watching countries like Venezuela and Russia feel knee-weak in the mean time.
    Last edited by mmocd54e797b0f; 2015-07-25 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikeal View Post
    And yet again you managed to do it - highlighting your ignorance.
    There will be no reversal, oil is stuck in 40-60$ for a long, long time. We are talking at least this decade, if not next one aswell.
    Based on what exactly? And even then, that is perfectly fine too.

How long? Till shale revolution keeps on going. And there is no stopping that - you see, its quite literally a technological revolution.
    Well, wake me up when it's actually economic for all current shale plays. Did you bother to check their profit margins right this moment? Can you say the number?

A revolution that isnt stopping at all - the beauty of shale technology is that its nothing like your typical oil/gas extraction - price goes, rigs get taken off, price goes up, they go back in.
    Except if price as you suggest does not go up for decade... do add up those two things out of your own predictions...

And we are not talking about +/- 20$ change here, its literally changes +/- 5$ margin. Unlike massive Siberia projects that require years of work and stupendous amount of infrastructure, the shale technology doesnt need it. Its very much plug-in, plug-out.
    No, it's quite a bit more complicated then that. The ones that get closed now are the ones with worst margins. Best plays stay, and you can easily run out of those in fairly short time. That inevitably will rise price of extraction or lower overall volumes.

And even after all that infrastructure, Siberian oil is still CHEAPER then shale. Also, it can be used to extract oil over decades - typical shale wells last few years at best.

And its evolving at breathtaking speeds too allowing to drill in deeper and cheaper. The wells that might`ve been to complex 10 years ago are now easily accesible. Think what the situation will be 10 years from now on.
    How much deeper and cheaper? What is current cost, and how much it got better and at which technological points?

Every country is hopping aboard the shale hype train - and its a hype train that is very real and a long-term one.
    Like Poland! ...except everyone already left them, and noone bothered to actually try to produce anything.

Australians are on it, the British are on it, the Japanese are on it, Chinese are on it and well - every single country which cares about something other than regime survival is on it.
    We have enough usual deposits, thank you. And we do have shale technology as well, it's nothing new.

And it has passed the endurance stresses - everyone back in December were predicting that its over...and yet the rig count in US in this quarter has grown, dipping from time to time only to recovered. Its flexibility is very,very underestimated.
    That's earlier hedges at work. As they get replaced profitability of operations for shale producers will plummet.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2015-07-26 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You know, if you want to blame SOMEONE for this, you blame Vladmir Putin. This failure is his fault.
    Nah, it's capitalism at work. Oil gets more profits -> oil gets most lobbyist/taxes paid -> oil gets more investments then anything else.

Like I've said it before. Let's roll back the clock to 1999 and 2000 when Vladmir Putin showed up on the scene. What was the American economy like then? More industrial. Less finance-oriented. And tech? In it's very infancy. The US surging growth in tech, year over year. The growth in wealth and power of Silicon Valley, and now newer tech places like Boston, New York, Raleigh, Dallas... that all happened SINCE 2000. That wasn't gifted to us from Reagan or Cold War spending. It isn't some inheritence. As Vladmir Putin has been getting Russia to drill and dig it's way to a stronger economy, the US did what advanced economies do and diversified. The result? Google more powerful than most governments in the world. iPhones. A exponentionally growing internet that largely passes through the US despite years of pronouncements about how that's really going to change this year.
    Sorry, but Internet IS Cold-War inheritance.
    Also, Internet is actually better developed in Russia as far as access to it goes :P America can be quite behind the times in that regard, your internet access speeds and prices are atrocious by Russian standards...

And Putin largely spent those years getting stolen oil revenues and control back into government hands.

This is important because there is no foreign alternative to US technology dominence. Europe's tried. They're stilling trying. They've utterly failed. There is no European alternative to Google or Android (for example).
    We do have Yandex though :P

Nor is there a real Asian-Market one, domestic Chinese stuff aside. The point is, Russia has really good computer scientists and engineers. I know because I've worked with them for many years and I really like working with them. But they're here to live. There is no institutions, no finance, in Russia, for them to persue their careers.
    No, there are quite a few opportunities for those interested in them. Cloud services, social networks, startups, all kinds of stuff.

Vladmir Putin's Russia, awash in easy money and capital from the committees boom, should have and could have taken that money and built Europe's Silicon Valley.
    They actually did, it was called Skolkovo :P

You want a missed opporunity. Exhibit A. The fact that does not exist is perhaps one of Putin's most significant and lasting failures. Just keep in mind, when the Russian Space Program essentially shuts down mid next decade due to lack of funds, it'll be an American California-based start up that didn't exist when Putin became President, that pushed it out of the market.
    Due to lack of funds? Haha, as if.

Putin wasted so much time and so much money. But hey, at least Sochii was money well spent, am I right?
    You can also check RosNano projects, they finally got enough of them going to actually post profits for their venture investments in 2014.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2015-07-26 at 12:04 AM.