I'll copy paste for you.

Don’t forget China’s claims on Russia

However, there is one more territorial claim, which China currently keeps on the back burner. It is against – who else? – Mother Russia herself. During the age of European colonial expansion, the Celestial Empire (China) was effectively dominated by the European powers. However, it was never carved up the way other countries and continents were.

With one exception: In the 19th century, China was forced to cede the Far East and parts of Siberia to Russia. During the 1960s and early 1970s, there were border tensions and even a number of armed clashes between China and the Soviet Union.

Small parts of Russian territory were then quietly ceded to China — and more recently, the two agreed to accept the current borders — but China believes much larger chunks of what is now Russia rightfully belong to Russia.

As if to settle these broader claims by osmosis, Chinese settlers have been steadily moving into Russia’s remote, economically depressed and underpopulated regions.

Stupid Russia, patient China

By asserting its historic sovereignty over Crimea, Russia has set a dangerous precedent for the Chinese as they look wistfully over their northern border. Those vast empty spaces of Russia’s Far East, full of all kinds of natural resources, are what China’s booming economy craves. And now its citizens live there too, much like ex-Soviet Russians residing in Crimea.

Russia not so long ago agreed to preserve and defend Ukraine’s existing borders. Breaking that agreement in a moment of opportunity creates a precedent for other countries with alternative border preferences, including China, to follow suit if the relevant opportunities arise.

True, Beijing will bide its time and will not do anything precipitous or unlawful. But when the time comes, it will not hesitate to re-assert its claims – and Russia will have no one to blame but Putin for providing a convenient excuse for a land grab, in the form of a powerful precedent in Crimea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You have proof?
    Yeah all those people illegally marching in and forcing a vote definitely were there with good intentions and did nothing bad, especially not with a vote that didn't have a "keep things as they are" option and then also armed men present for voting. There was nothing bad about that at all. It's almost like they didn't break the law.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah all those people illegally marching in and forcing a vote definitely were there with good intentions and did nothing bad, especially not with a vote that didn't have a "keep things as they are" option and then also armed men present for voting. There was nothing bad about that at all. It's almost like they didn't break the law.
    Do I need to repeat the question?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I'll copy paste for you.
    Still you haven't answered my question. Have you forgotten it? Do I need to repeat it?
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

God, you really dont get it do you? if Russians are ok with a Russian invasion into Crimea, how could they possible take a morale stance if china decided to do the same in Siberia? is it that hard to figure out? geesh.

God, you really dont get it do you? if Russians are ok with a Russian invasion into Crimea, how could they possible take a morale stance if china decided to do the same in Siberia? is it that hard to figure out? geesh.
    Except there was no Russian Invasion into Crimea.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

haha, predictable answer.

I'm sure China will claim the same thing, because in Russia it's not an invasion when you put your soldiers on foreign soil.

Even your Putin recognized it. Get with the times.
    Military personal entering a foreign soil without being allowed to : Invasion.

You don't get it, nobody in China will give a flying fuck about what some random MMOC poster thinks.

Anyhow, this article is quite interesting regarding the challenges Russia face, not sure why their focus is on Ukraine, when bigger issues seem to arise, I guess they gave up already.

http://chinadailymail.com/2014/07/05...claim-siberia/

Anyhow, this article is quite interesting regarding the challenges Russia face, not sure why their focus is on Ukraine, when bigger issues seem to arise, I guess they gave up already.

http://chinadailymail.com/2014/07/05...claim-siberia/
    Because Putin wants to restore the USSR, he doesn't give a crap about much else.
    *Makes a thread asking for information about pvp
    *First reply post begins with "I don't know about pvp but..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    The "No power" option would be to compromise with the russians puppets in the east, OFC ukraine learned from their mistakes and wont do that again.

There was no way to keep Crimea. Remember how Ukraine asked Putin to back off and Putin said there was no russians soldiers in Crimea ? Good laugh.
    As I said they played their cards pretty well and are now slowly choking out the rebels. They lost Crimea but in the end that could have been worse, hopefully they'll get rid of the ethnics Russians aswell
    so you are actually calling here for genocide or ethnic cleansing? well, considering you are from the 'free west' it doesn't surprise me at all, that's what you like the most

Quote Originally Posted by elim garak View Post
    except there was no russian invasion into crimea.
    bhahahahahahahahahahaha

how can you possible take any moral stance after kosovo and other bullshit the west does around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    how can you possible take any moral stance after kosovo and other bullshit the west does around the world?
    I gotta admit, I cant remember when "the west" last send in unmarked soldiers to stage a "referndum" for a part of a country to join the US or whatever.

Do the west make mistakes? no doubt about it, I could write a book about the mistakes done in the west, I don't think anyone inhere claimed that the west is perfect at all, heck parts of the west caused 2 world wars among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    bhahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hey hey now, those "concerned locals" just happened to have military grade uniforms, weaponry and armored vehicles in their backyard sheds.

It must have been MIND blowing when the curtain fell and the internet really picked up, and theese Russians learned that their govt had been lying for them and their parents for the major part of the 20th century.
    No, what was mind blowing to Russians in 90's is that almost everything Soviet propaganda said about West was actually true... and their rosy image of West was a lie.

Now, Soviet propaganda also was lying about things happening in USSR, but as USSR no longer existed it didn't matter as much as West that was still there...

Because China have claims to parts of Siberia, just like Putin claimed Crimea, I'm sure you've got no idea of this, but I doubt it's on the front page of RT's news coverage, according to your pov Russia and China are best pals lol.
    China occupying Siberia is one of things Americans wish to believe are true because real alliance between Russia and China is too scary for them to consider.

They don't even try to boast "We can take on Russia AND China combined"... because they actually cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    No, what was mind blowing to Russians in 90's is that almost everything Soviet propaganda said about West was actually true... and their rosy image of West was a lie.

Now, Soviet propaganda also was lying about things happening in USSR, but as USSR no longer existed it didn't matter as much as West that was still there...

China occupying Siberia is one of things Americans wish to believe are true because real alliance between Russia and China is too scary for them to consider.

They don't even try to boast "We can take on Russia AND China combined"... because they actually cannot.
    Why do you think Russia has monopoly on imperialistic thinking? Why couldn't China have those feelings also?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

I'm sure this was all part of Kremlin's masterplan of purging Crimea from western influences.

Poor ukranians, buying something in Kiev should be harsh. I guess prices skyrocketed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    This surpasses funny, this surpasses sad, it's actually kinda terrifying.

Your bias is nauseating; your ignorance, astounding.

Hold on, so Russian propaganda said stuff like, "in the west you decide who leads the country, there are no Gulags for people who have another opinion, their prosperous life gives room for the individual" and so on and so forth?

What real alliance? noone in the west consider Russia and China allied, neither do China.

And China really invading Russia is not something the west "dreams" of, it's pretty darn obvious that we'd get sucked right into it.

The fact that Russia promotes China as an ally is laughable at best, the problem is that Russia cant take on China nor USA by themselves, not that anyone cares since I doubt we'll see a war.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2014-08-10 at 04:49 PM.