10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I can identify myself as Scottish, but I am not. Why? Because my passport clearly shows I am a citizen of the United States of America, and THAT is was defines what you are, legally.

I can wear a kilt, play the pipes, and eat haggis, but that still doesn't legally make me Scottish.

I pity you if a piece of paper defines who you are. I was born with an Irish passport, I got the Australian one when I was 18, it will take me 5 minutes to go to the UK consulate to get a British passport. According to you which nation do I belong too?

I know who I am, my blood, my family, my religion, my culture, my language, my history, the history of my people is what defines me. Anyway, I don't agree with you, I'll go back to work, see ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    I pity you if a piece of paper defines who you are. I was born with an Irish passport, I got the Australian one when I was 18, it will take me 5 minutes to go to the UK consulate to get a British passport. According to you which nation do I belong too?

I know who I am, my blood, my family, my religion, my culture, my language, my history, the history of my people is what defines me. Anyway, I don't agree with you, I'll go back to work, see ya.
    If you still hold dual citizenship, you legally are both.
    Yes, a piece of paper defines who everyone legally is. I enjoy my roots, but I am an American, not Scottish or German or Polish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yeah, I ran out of arguments. This is you in a nutshell, Haven:

You're right. I don't have any arguments against that. No rational person has.
    First, the reason USA has been waging wars for the last half a century (since, like, Korea war) was to assure its domination. Is it not so? Say it is not. It's a logical thing to do for a geopolitical superpower with a position like the one USA occupies. They're shielded from consequences of wars they wage by two oceans, which they control with their navy. Same position that British Empire once occupied in the colonial era.

War is chaos, war destabilizes places, making countries susceptible to manipulation. No one needs chaos right next to their borders. You seem to be thinking Kremlin is full of idiots who throw shit into the fan right under their own noses because #YOLO. It makes sense for the only geopolitical superpower to destabilize and divide potential rivals, and gain influence over the most resourceful areas that are easy targets (having least support from military or economical powerhouses) - which USA does. It's logical for a state like Russia to seek partnership with its neighbors because the contrary is entirely counter-productive - which it was doing with Sochi 2014 and still tries to do despite sanctions. The tendencies in behavior of geopolitical players are easily predictable if you pay a little attention to the matter and read up on it.

If Russia was a hostile evil aggressor you make it out to be, there would already be a full-scale war all over Eastern Europe, but there isn't any. You say there's an aggression, but you aren't even trying to rationalize it, to explain why Russia is doing what it supposedly does. Why would Putin need a war right at Russian doorstep? Apparently you know it better than I do, so tell me, why evil aggressor is being an evil aggressor.

You dont understand. God does not bless wars on god blessed piece of land. God bless.
    The amount of shilling US does in EU is god blessed amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Girkin just commented that ''Voentorg'' has resumed (alias for RU direct military assistance) - incoming assault on all fronts from DPR/LPR alchoholics backed by Russia.
    It resumed somewhere around start of this week, just like Ukrainian preparations for assault.
    Noone is going to let Ukrainians undermine peace efforts and destroy critical infrastructure right before winter!

Putin should just kick nazi ass from eastern Ukraine. Problem solved.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Putin should just kick nazi ass from eastern Ukraine. Problem solved.
    This nazi?
    He definitely should.

Quote Originally Posted by dozor View Post
    This nazi?
    He definitely should.
    Hey, that's perfect opportunity to atone for his sins even if true!

@ Haven, the issue is that everyone remembers the USSR, you and other posters are talking about the US as if Russia never ever completely held their neighbours and million of people in a irongrip, torturing and on occassions rolled your tanks into their countries when they decided to ask their visitors to gtfo.

The majority of the west see's Russia as a country who is seeking former glory, and that "glory" consisted of just that and Gulags mixed with nothing but propaganda lies, sadly Putin quickly started the obvious lies again, which is why noone will belive anything coming out of Russia unless they are fgar right or far left since they somehow think that USSR = good communism.

Noone is saying that the US or the west are angels and never did anything wrong, we've made tons of mistakes, but it still pales (all but Nazi-Germany) to Russia in the 20th century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    @ Haven, the issue is that everyone remembers the USSR, you and other posters are talking about the US as if Russia never ever completely held their neighbours and million of people in a irongrip, torturing and on occassions rolled your tanks into their countries when they decided to ask their visitors to gtfo.

The majority of the west see's Russia as a country who is seeking former glory, and that "glory" consisted of just that and Gulags mixed with nothing but propaganda lies, sadly Putin quickly started the obvious lies again, which is why noone will belive anything coming out of Russia unless they are fgar right or far left since they somehow think that USSR = good communism.

Noone is saying that the US or the west are angels and never did anything wrong, we've made tons of mistakes, but it still pales (all but Nazi-Germany) to Russia in the 20th century.
    Enter: "But Russia is not the USSR!"

15+ Year Old Account
    True they are not, just wants to be and enjoy many of the negative aspects that USSR had, which pretty much is all the USSR had.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

US urges all Ukrainians, even in east and Crimea, to vote

http://news.yahoo.com/us-urges-ukrai...211449652.html

The United States on Thursday called on all Ukrainians even those in eastern rebel strongholds and in the annexed Crimea peninsula to vote in weekend parliamentary elections.

Russia Quickly Losing Friends, Supporters in Czech Republic

http://blogs.wsj.com/emergingeurope/...zech-republic/

A poll released Friday shows that 65% of Czechs now believe Russia presents a threat to the future of the European Union country of 10 million, whereas a year ago just 29% of respondents held that view.

The poll, carried out by the STEM agency, found that 46% of Czechs now think Russia poses a threat to democracy in their country.

A full 80% of respondents said Russia’s role in the Ukraine crisis threatens peace in Europe.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsnew
    Be prepared for a nice thread tomorrow about my claim. I will supply the screenshots and PM's written out, additionally the conversation I had the last day with mods where I proved them wrong on several things they say...
    Calling me a liar was not needed, a mod did it too and even though it is against forum rules I will show the following stuff:
    - Mods editing, deleting, undeleting posts with crucial information about this.
    - Mods claiming that moderators do NOT discuss moderation about people with other people, where I will show the do.
    - Mods not answering very specific questions related to this issue, trying to obscure the issue.
    - The original PM's between me and the mod about the reporting.

I am hoping to see your post about your small penis soon
    As you can see, he is claiming the moderators are lying now as well. He WILL make a thread today with the screenshots, so keep an eye open for it folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    As you can see, he is claiming the moderators are lying now as well. He WILL make a thread today with the screenshots, so keep an eye open for it folks!
    I feel bad for him. Honestly. When someone has to go out of his way to lie his ass off and then accuse everyone, including authorities, that they are lying and only he is right, on an internet forum, just to make one look smart in front of people he has never known and will probably never know real life the dude must be having really really low self-confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I feel bad for him. Honestly. When someone has to go out of his way to lie his ass off and then accuse everyone, including authorities, that they are lying and only he is right, on an internet forum, just to make one look smart in front of people he has never known and will probably never know real life the dude must be having really really low self-confidence.
    Who knows? Maybe he is right, and we are all a bunch of dirty liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, lets not discuss this, the Mods have asked nicely not to.

Please try to understand (kell, boom, tomat, bakis) that not all Ukrainian people have something against Russians. Some of us would pair any day with Russia than the "west", since we are literally brothers. Some of us from the other hand (especially the far right wing) don't want them AT ALL, but then those people don't want anyone.
    I believe though that both sides don't want this bloodshed to continue.

The interest of the Ukrainian people at the moment, in my opinion at least, is to have ALL EXTERNAL influence STOP and let the two governments short out the detail.
    Situation here is borderline terrible, not sure if and when we will recover from it. Currently i am looking to find work somewhere in Europe or North America.

also from what you read on major news sources believe 1/10th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows? Maybe he is right, and we are all a bunch of dirty liars.
    Well as long as he takes a screenshot of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Russia Quickly Losing Friends, Supporters in Czech Republic

http://blogs.wsj.com/emergingeurope/...zech-republic/
    A poll released Friday shows that 65% of Czechs now believe Russia presents a threat to the future of the European Union country of 10 million, whereas a year ago just 29% of respondents held that view.
    The poll, carried out by the STEM agency, found that 46% of Czechs now think Russia poses a threat to democracy in their country.
    A full 80% of respondents said Russia’s role in the Ukraine crisis threatens peace in Europe.
    Ahaha, i looked at actual report and WSJ spin is hilarious. Also "threat to democracy" in poll question? That would be tell-tale sign of Western NGO here in Russia...

46% feeling that it is threat can be just as easily reported as "Despite media fearmongering, majority of Czechs (54%) do not feel that Russia is threat to their democracy".

What WSJ skipped is quite telling too - 72% Czechs think that sanctions fuel conflict and are counter-productive; 74% think Russian counter-sanctions significantly hurt their agriculture. That is, they feel Russia is "threat" but what EU does is not helping at all.

Clearly they feel both sides are wrong here.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2014-10-24 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbitka View Post
    Please try to understand (kell, boom, tomat, bakis) that not all Ukrainian people have something against Russians. Some of us would pair any day with Russia than the "west", since we are literally brothers. Some of us from the other hand (especially the far right wing) don't want them AT ALL, but then those people don't want anyone.
    I believe though that both sides don't want this bloodshed to continue.

The interest of the Ukrainian people at the moment, in my opinion at least, is to have ALL EXTERNAL influence STOP and let the two governments short out the detail.
    Situation here is borderline terrible, not sure if and when we will recover from it. Currently i am looking to find work somewhere in Europe or North America.

also from what you read on major news sources believe 1/10th.
    That you include me in that statement shows you have no understanding of me at all. I know there are major Russian sympathizers in Ukraine, I have always said they are free to move to Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That you include me in that statement shows you have no understanding of me at all. I know there are major Russian sympathizers in Ukraine, I have always said they are free to move to Russia.
    Same here. Of course there are Russian sympathisers in Ukraine. Question is if they are majority or minority. I guess we'll see tomorrow.