Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOW movie footage will be shown at Comic-con

Just for everyone who cares:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ource=facebook

So far we know it will focus on 2 tribes... I think that is a cute way to say Horde and Alliance, if that is what he means.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Yeah, don't really understand why it says "tribes"

15+ Year Old Account
    Screw comic-con, we never even got to see the last thing they showed of the wow movie at comic-con!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Screw comic-con, we never even got to see the last thing they showed of the wow movie at comic-con!
    I thought you could find the grainy video on youtube of that. And it wasn't anything more then a CGI boot on skull. Or am I mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I thought you could find the grainy video on youtube of that. And it wasn't anything more then a CGI boot on skull. Or am I mistaken.
    I think you are, it was a good 30 second to 2 minute long clip, and I spent a good hour and a half trying to find it.

Well I have never been to comic con and I remember seeing the clip last year. Well you can at least get the description of it here http://collider.com/warcraft-trailer...ion-comic-con/

I bet you won't see anything too interesting. With 20 months of post-production they probably won't release anything too CGI intense yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Yeah, don't really understand why it says "tribes"
    Oh imagine the rage if it was only about Orcs or Trolls.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Being two years away it won't be anything. Avengers 2 release date is closer and probably won't get anything from that.

Deleted
    it still makes no sense to me why they would show footage of the movie at stupid comic con but not at blizz con like wtf?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it still makes no sense to me why they would show footage of the movie at stupid comic con but not at blizz con like wtf?
    I've got a feeling the first legit trailer will be shown at Blizzcon 2015 before hitting theaters.

Comic Con is more prestige for a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I've got a feeling the first legit trailer will be shown at Blizzcon 2015 before hitting theaters.
    I know the person who voiced kuroyukihime in english. Just thought I should share that. Used to play pokemon with her.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time for a rant. Why must Blizzard show all this damn footage at Comic Con? That goddamn place is overrated nowadays, and it's hardly about comic books and graphic novels. A load of idiots from TV and film production companies are there showing their crap, and it's pointless. There have been panels for The Big Bang theory-a show that really doesn't do any favours for the comic book community. The place is becoming way too mainstream for my tastes.
    I would argue that comic book film/TV panels and presentations are OK since they would like to see fans' reactions and here what they have to say, if anything. Anything else? Go away. There has even been a TWILIGHT panel or two there. Why? They have jack all to do with this medium. And as much as I like Castle, it doesn't need to be there, either.

Blizzard shouldn't really be there. I know they have published comic books with the Warcraft logo on it, but I doubt they go there to talk about any upcoming Warcraft comic books. As the fans, we deserve to have this information at Blizzcon, a celebration of their franchises. I don't think the Comic Con footage was even shown at the 2013 convention-maybe we'll see it for the DVD special features?
    The Warcraft film footage to be shown this year should be for November's Blizzcon, not the other place. Show it where it belongs, and where the true fans can appreciate it. The people who see it at SDCC will be some Blizzard fans, comic book fans who have walked in out of interest, and non-comic book fans who only came to the SDCC to see the film/TV panels and have wandered around and ended up here.

All I can hope for is that Blizzard upload this to their youtube channel or at least do the right thing and also show it at Blizzcon 2014.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Time for a rant. Why must Blizzard show all this damn footage at Comic Con? That goddamn place is overrated nowadays, and it's hardly about comic books and graphic novels. A load of idiots from TV and film production companies are there showing their crap, and it's pointless. There have been panels for The Big Bang theory-a show that really doesn't do any favours for the comic book community. The place is becoming way too mainstream for my tastes.
    I would argue that comic book film/TV panels and presentations are OK since they would like to see fans' reactions and here what they have to say, if anything. Anything else? Go away. There has even been a TWILIGHT panel or two there. Why? They have jack all to do with this medium. And as much as I like Castle, it doesn't need to be there, either.

Blizzard shouldn't really be there. I know they have published comic books with the Warcraft logo on it, but I doubt they go there to talk about any upcoming Warcraft comic books. As the fans, we deserve to have this information at Blizzcon, a celebration of their franchises. I don't think the Comic Con footage was even shown at the 2013 convention-maybe we'll see it for the DVD special features?
    The Warcraft film footage to be shown this year should be for November's Blizzcon, not the other place. Show it where it belongs, and where the true fans can appreciate it. The people who see it at SDCC will be some Blizzard fans, comic book fans who have walked in out of interest, and non-comic book fans who only came to the SDCC to see the film/TV panels and have wandered around and ended up here.

All I can hope for is that Blizzard upload this to their youtube channel or at least do the right thing and also show it at Blizzcon 2014.
    Comic Con is not just for comics anymore, it's for all forms of entertainment and pop culture.

From Wikipedia:
    "Originally showcasing primarily comic books and science fiction/fantasy related film, television, and similar popular arts, the convention now includes a larger range of pop culture and entertainment elements across virtually all genres, including horror, animation, anime, manga, toys, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, and fantasy novels. According to Forbes, the convention is the "largest convention of its kind in the world";[6] it is also the largest convention held in San Diego.[7] In 2010, it filled the San Diego Convention Center to capacity with more than 130,000 attendees.[1]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Die..._International
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-05-15 at 12:04 PM.

It looks like Travis Timmel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Fimmel that plays Ragnar in the Vikings series will be in the movie. If he brings that badass viking attitude to the movie, I think he'll make an awesome character for the film.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    I know the person who voiced kuroyukihime in english. Just thought I should share that. Used to play pokemon with her.
    !!!!!!!!!! I'm extremely jealous Senpai!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post

Because it is isn't Blizzard who cares about the footage, it is Legendary Pictures that will be presenting it. They know they got the Warcraft fanbase invested in it but they need to rally the fans from other genres

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Because it is isn't Blizzard who cares about the footage, it is Legendary Pictures that will be presenting it. They know they got the Warcraft fanbase invested in it but they need to rally the fans from other genres
    Warcraft fans deserve to have it shown it at Blizzcon. Lat year's test footage wasn't show at Blizzcon 2013, so we should get this damn footage. If Legendary go to Comic Con they're just contributing to the problem. Just upload the footage to Universal's youtube channel; problem solved.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

15+ Year Old Account
    This movie will never happen.

Its been talked about since 2007, come back to this post in 2016 and I will be saying the old "I told you so"