Thread: Comic Books

Comic Books

So, I love superheroes. Like, when I was a kid I had all these superhero toys and superhero VHS tapes, and watched the shows. I played City of Heroes for the entirety of its existence, I have a case full of superhero video games, and I've seen just about every DC and Marvel movie there is, except, Captain America 2, for now.

Only,

I've read one superhero comic book my entire life, and it came with my collector's edition of City of Heroes.

Just found out about Comixology, with all of their digital comic books, and was kinda overwhelmed when I looked at what they had. I have no idea how any of these universes interact with eachother, or in what order they're supposed to be... What gives?

Where's a good place to start?

(Favorites from what I've seen: Avengers in general, Spider-Man, Joker+Harley, Ant-Man, Deadpool)
    (Least favorites from what I've seen: DC heroes, all Marvel villains except Spider-Man's. Batman's really low on my list.)

I know you said Batman isn't high on your list, but if you dig the Joker I suggest checking out The Killing Joke story arc.