Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down New patch allows us to upgrade 4 times instead of 2.....

is this how they keep us busy?

"yeaaahhhh not gonna bother making endgame content for a year, better let players continue to valorcap for 6 more months."

source: http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=239002/p...onal-item-upgr

seriously disappointed how blizzard managed their time in this expansion.
    thoughts?

Deleted
    Considering the game is a gear-treadmill... This will definitely keep some players busy, although it might not be the 'good' kind of busy.

Actually the upgrade increase is for the people who haven't been able to clear whatever they're progressing on.

Deleted
    This is bullshit for anyone who is in full heroic gear with no warforged pieces yet, essentially needing 28k valor (25 weeks, aka half a year) to upgrade 28 items (32 if not using tier pieces).

Deleted
    "(25 weeks, aka half a year)"

exactly how long wod will take from now probably

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    This is bullshit for anyone who is in full heroic gear with no warforged pieces yet, essentially needing 28k valor (25 weeks, aka half a year) to upgrade 28 items (32 if not using tier pieces).
    Guess upgraded heroic gear might suffice to clear

And since most have already upgraded their heroic gear to 2/2, it will be 9k valor to fully upgrade, which is quite reasonable, considering most people sit on 3k valor for ages. And your math is wrong anyway since there´s no warforged tier etc. Just pop in a mere 1k valor for the occasional warforged item and you´re fine.

Overall, at this stage people who haven´t cleared yet have hit a wall, and this change is way better than a blanket nerf as we´ve had in any other last raid tier. I might submit again at 5.4.8.

Assuming by how are they behaving, it seems like, either:

a) They have an ace up their sleeve ( best expansion ever, which will bring all the players back to them )

b) They don't really care about WoW anymore.

This is starting to get insulting to the players, squeezing as much money they can out of one raid tier, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just told us, lets say, somewhere around November, hey GUYS, GUYS, we want to make WoD pretty awesome, and that takes time, so here is another 4 valor upgrades, go kill Garrosh, 6 more months, while we set it up for you... And the saddest part is, they would still be able to pull something like that out.

And the biggest question is, what are you going to use those "new" items on, assuming that you already cleared all the content, when the expansion hits, you will upgrade your hard work by the first green you find...

Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of people still didn't clear, and it will help them to clear faster, but:

1) They don't need to clear faster, as they have 6 more months of time to clear it.

2) This is the only positive side of the whole situation
    Last edited by Ohmygonzo; 2014-05-15 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Guess upgraded heroic gear might suffice to clear

And since most have already upgraded their heroic gear to 2/2, it will be 9k valor to fully upgrade, which is quite reasonable, considering most people sit on 3k valor for ages. And your math is wrong anyway since there´s no warforged tier etc. Just pop in a mere 1k valor for the occasional warforged item and you´re fine.

Overall, at this stage people who haven´t cleared yet have hit a wall, and this change is way better than a blanket nerf as we´ve had in any other last raid tier. I might submit again at 5.4.8.
    Best case scenario is 15 heroic items (14+cape), all 2/2 upgraded already. With the new patch you will have to add 2 more upgrades to each item, requiring 7500 vp to make them all 582. Then over time you have to replace 10 of those items with HC WF versions (572 base lvl), which you can't use until you have upgraded them at least 3 times (for them to be better than 582). In the end all those will require additional 10k valor, for a grand total of 17.5k, that's still 18 weeks (4 months).

The weekly valor cap needs to be removed for this to be a viable nerf/buff.

Deleted
    Something is wrong with that math. Each upgrade requires 250 valor. To spend 28k valor you need to replace every single piece of your gear for 2 specs and apply 4 upgrades to each item. You wouldn't replace at least 4 pieces of tier gear and if you do have full heroic gear chances are you do have some warforged items. So those numbers are not realistic.

There are 14 or 15 pieces of gear (depends if you use 1 or 2 weapons) + cloak. To add new 8 ilevels to each piece you need 7.5k or 8k valor. Assuming you are valor capped, you'll have 3k valor by time patch hits so you only need 5 weeks to upgrade all gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best case scenario is 15 heroic items (14+cape), all 2/2 upgraded already. With the new patch you will have to add 2 more upgrades to each item, requiring 7500 vp to make them all 582. Then over time you have to replace 10 of those items with HC WF versions (572 base lvl), which you can't use until you have upgraded them at least 3 times (for them to be better than 582). In the end all those will require additional 10k valor, for a grand total of 17.5k, that's still 18 weeks (4 months).

The weekly valor cap needs to be removed for this to be a viable nerf/buff.
    You're assuming, wrongly, that people don't have HC WF already. Many do, in several slots.

Deleted
    13% killed Garrosh on Normal and you make this post that there will be no endgame ? for 87 % there is still this endgame to conquer and the 2 x upgrade might help them to defeat the endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me why you need to upgrade if you already clear the content with your current gear as full HC geared person ? there is no need to upgrade then is there ?

Man, more valors to upgrade my prot and fury spec... Man.. Just rise the valor points cap to 2k weekly instead of 1k or remove it already....

it's not how to keep us busy. It's what they stated item upgrades are for. Self-applied nerfing of content through time. rather than them doing it themselves over time.

rather than nerfing SOO, we buff all our items twice for that many ilvls (8 ilvls was it?), making raid content easier to deal with for those who haven't cleared it yet.

Just like with every other end of expansion, the raids would be slowly nerfed. But instead of the optional buff aura or gradually-over-time raid nerfs, they're using item upgrades.

The average ilvl of the population goes up and builds as more and more valor in earned (in 250 increments).

A bit of a big boost at first for those who have lots of valor right now and can afford to upgrade a bunch of gear off the bat.

Yep. 4 raid difficulty.

After half year, bump pvp gear.
    After three more months, bump pve gear.
    ???
    record profit

Keep these sheep work hard.

I assume this will bring additional content to all the people stuck on a boss for a long time in the form of one more boss they can be stuck on afterwards.
    Which is a good thing I guess. You can only wipe so many times on a boss before your people start migrating to other games till WoD is out.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Havent capped valor in 3 months, have been on 3k valor capped. As soon as patch arrives, spend 3k +1k vp from that week. Also dont forget we are getting tomes of valor from timeless coin . 3k coins for 100vp and there is no cap on timeless coins, so grind away
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by straws View Post
    Havent capped valor in 3 months, have been on 3k valor capped. As soon as patch arrives, spend 3k +1k vp from that week. Also dont forget we are getting tomes of valor from timeless coin . 3k coins for 100vp and there is no cap on timeless coins, so grind away
    Still can't bypass the weekly cap with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

They should cut the upgrade cost in half to 125 valour so you can still get 2 items maxed out a week.

Quote Originally Posted by khorm View Post
    they should cut the upgrade cost in half to 125 valour so you can still get 2 items maxed out a week.

i likeie!! Me likeie!! Why not?!!? >=o

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Finally something to spend my valors on! And a reason to not sit at valor cap and mope about all that potential valor from killing raid bosses going to waste.

*presses the Like button on this change*

Oh and... my 250k timeless coins will get some use too... though only a few of them. But still... being able to dump a few of those buggers is neat.