Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, he is saying it is a pointless circular argument that never gets anywhere.
    It really didn't look like he was saying that and perhaps if someone feels this way the best course of action for them would be to not add to the circular argument? But you are most definitely correct that it will not get anywhere I am sure a very similar topic will spring up in two years time when Blizzard once again leaves it a year without releasing anything at the end of WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    SoO... unsub or do something with your life until WoD?
    I totally agree, have a cookie. *cookie*

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I actually enjoy these periods of luls between expansions... Gives me time to work on extra stuff in-game. PVP, for instance...
    I must admit I did really enjoy it in Wrath, with the advent of achievements, and to a lesser extent in Cata it was nice to go hunting the some of the rarer achievements, reps, etc but I have quickly tired of it this time around.

Deleted
    That topic always reminds me of that picture;

Better waiting longer and get a better game than release a game full of bugs just for the sake of release.
    Last edited by mmoc33f6183711; 2014-05-15 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamare View Post
    That topic always reminds of that picture;

Better waiting longer and get a better game than a game full of bugs release just for the sake of release.
    Hmm, what we're getting at the moment is neither cheap or fast.

Quote Originally Posted by thejm View Post
    Same with people who defend a lying greedy company
    Fox News Corp has nothing to do with this.

OOHHH shots fired! Ok, ok, I'll retreat back into my cave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Yet another simple minded person who confuses "try" with "promise"

You realise at no point did Blizzard ever promise no more long tiers, Blizzard is smart when they word things and use phrases such as "We are aiming to" or "we are going to try"

At no point have they ever promised it, thus people that cry they got promised faster content are just.. well Idiots.
    Promise? Not exactly, but Tom Chilton lied about it on Blizzcon, simple as.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Sounds like people whinging for the sake of whinging to me.
    Which is exactly what it is, unfortunately mods dont take action on duplicate whine-threads here as they do on the official forums.

I'll never understand why some of you idiots don't just unsub until content picks back up. No, let's cry about it and continue to support them, instead.

OMG BLIZZARD ARE GREEDY LIARS AND I'M GOING TO KEEP GIVING THEM MY MONEY.

Seriously, how stupid can you be?

P.S. I don't personally believe that Blizzard is greedy or lying about anything. I'm simply mocking those that do.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-05-15 at 03:52 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Which is exactly what it is, unfortunately mods dont take action on duplicate whine-threads here as they do on the official forums.
    There is nothing that forces you open these threads let alone read them, how about taking some personal responsibility and avoiding topics you don't like rather than relying on the mods to silence opinions you don't like?

I think after three expansions with year long content droughts and soundbites how they plan to address the issue it is warranted to complain about it about now we're facing an even longer wait for the fourth expac in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The second is how most businesses approach problems which do not make money. You say it's different. In truth, it's not. If WoW suddenly lost all of it's subs tomorrow, the development team cannot reasonably make content that may or may not fix that problem fast enough. The only logical course of action, from a business standpoint, is to cut your loses.
    And why would someone who has stopped being a Blizzard customer care about this? They just continue going on with their lives not being Blizzard customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Comparatively? Yes, it's quite cheap, and it's better than anything else on the market.
    It is not cheaper than GW2, Rift or SWTOR. And I never mentioned anything about quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I'll never understand why some of you idiots don't just unsub until content picks back up. No, let's cry about it and continue to support them, instead.

OMG BLIZZARD ARE GREEDY LIARS AND I'M GOING TO KEEP GIVING THEM MY MONEY.

Seriously, how stupid can you be?

P.S. I don't personally believe that Blizzard is greedy or lying about anything. I'm simply mocking those that do.
    Not that I agree with this thread, but some of us can't unsub and expect to come back to the same level of enjoyment in this game. I lead a competitive raiding guild. If I quit and come back, I won't come back to a raid team sitting around ready to start back up again. People will move on, whether from the game or to another team if they don't want to stop raiding, and I would have to start recruiting with a shorter timeframe and with altered expectations. It is frustrating to have a tier this long, especially when information at the last Blizzcon was conveyed that is now proving inaccurate. There's nothing I can do about it, and I'm certainly not approving of threads like these, but to maximize my enjoyment, unsubbing is not the best option.

In reality all they had to do was make the first raid tier and TOT last longer. The problem is that Blizz blows their load early on raid tiers and then goes into "xpac mode"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    In reality all they had to do was make the first raid tier and TOT last longer. The problem is that Blizz blows their load early on raid tiers and then goes into "xpac mode"
    Thats not a good solution either. All that does is shift the nothing to do time around. The only solution is to actually do what they say they want to do which is get expansions out yearly. Almost every other MMO developers do it. Everquest, GW2, Rift, LOTRO all have expansions yearly or even more frequently

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This really is only a valid argument or concern of people who this is their first xpac. Anyone been in wow for a while knows this is how they run the show. For newbs to wow well yea this period sucks if you are just a raider and have progressed as much as you can/want.

You need to accept it or unsub as others have said. Your dislike of the situation will not change it.
    i am no newb .. i play since wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamare View Post
    That topic always reminds me of that picture;

Better waiting longer and get a better game than release a game full of bugs just for the sake of release.
    well it's 10€ more and it sure as fuck isn't fast so it better be really fucking good

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats not a good solution either. All that does is shift the nothing to do time around. The only solution is to actually do what they say they want to do which is get expansions out yearly. Almost every other MMO developers do it. Everquest, GW2, Rift, LOTRO all have expansions yearly or even more frequently
    It would only shift the "nothing to do" time around if you assume that people were done with content by the time each patch came out, and that no development took place for the next expansion during the current expansion. Both of which are incorrect.

I rather agree with Hiricine, they went pretty aggressive and fast with getting the raids out, a slightly more relaxed launch schedule and they could probably have bought themselves 3-4 months without it being too noticeable, comparatively.

Having said that, I don't mind this period, it's fairly relaxed and so long as the guild & friends remain online we're still having a blast even with the relative lull. Summer after all, good to have time to go out for a beer or some sun or both

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    Not that I agree with this thread, but some of us can't unsub and expect to come back to the same level of enjoyment in this game. I lead a competitive raiding guild. If I quit and come back, I won't come back to a raid team sitting around ready to start back up again. People will move on, whether from the game or to another team if they don't want to stop raiding, and I would have to start recruiting with a shorter timeframe and with altered expectations. It is frustrating to have a tier this long, especially when information at the last Blizzcon was conveyed that is now proving inaccurate. There's nothing I can do about it, and I'm certainly not approving of threads like these, but to maximize my enjoyment, unsubbing is not the best option.
    must be a hard knox life I hope you get paid money at least seems like a 'job' of what you just described.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    For starters, your analogy falls down due to the difference in relationship between a patient and doctor, and a consumer and business.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

If it becomes so damaging to go 12+ months without content that they just can't do it, Blizzard WILL find a way to make shorter gaps between content.

Blizzard have to convince the player to stay subscribed, NOT vice versa.

They are going to go through the longest period of time ever without content this year, this is a business mistake, and they will be punished accordingly from me, which is that they won't receive my money for 12 months, or however long it takes.
    I'm sure the multi million pound, multi award winning games company will miss your precious £8.99 a month....that'll show em.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Ohhh, we didnt have our hand on the Bible and didn't say promise, ergo we are free to do the exact opposite of what we have "promised" ! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Do you know that Bashiok already said that on wow subreddit once? He got the following response which is gold imo

"Posts like this is why I think Blizzard has lost touch with the playerbase. Of course we know you don't make promises, we have known that for the years we have followed you. But when you go around saying that Warlords is further along than most people expect (GC said this in reference to the build at Blizzcon when compared to Mists in Blizzcon 2011) and that the expansion will release "earlier than what people are used to/expect" (Tom Chilton said this at the DirecTV desk at Blizzcon) and then go back on those statements and don't even acknowledge them, that's just insulting.
    Blizzard has said time and again that they don't want to repeat the ICC and Dragon Soul cycles where the final raid tier lasts for 9-12 months, and when the above statements were made, we (rightfully) thought that you guys have a handle on how to manage your development cycle. But now it's clear that you don't and it's still the mess it always was. Clearly you guys falter when you finish up an expansion and even after putting out 4 expansions, it's not improved. The worst part is that you don't acknowledge that there's a problem and instead hide behind "oh but we never made a promise".
    Learn to manage your time better. Learn to not make statements if you can't back them up. Learn to not use social media like Twitter as much to tease upcoming updates if the updates are still at least half a year away. This is some basic PR. You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot by talking big and not delivering, and it's frustrating, as you can see from the various topics on both your official forums and fansite forums.
    Bottomline is that we know you didn't make an overt promise, because you never do. But your statements from various high-level people implied that Warlords will be coming sooner than expected. Not acknowledging that and hiding behind "it was never promised" is ridiculous. Please make some changes to how you develop your expansions and how you communicate with us so we don't have a fiasco like this one for the expansion after Warlords."
    Good find.

And that is why people distrust blizzard. Dislike how they handle things and make repeated posts fo negatively about blizzard.

Either blizzard gets their shit together or they really just need to STFU. I'll take the radio silence VS getting the feeling that every time blizzard opens their mouth it's a PR spin to get us hyped over what turns out to be vaporware or something no where near what they actually talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Relent View Post
    I'm sure the multi million pound, multi award winning games company will miss your precious £8.99 a month....that'll show em.
    You can bet your ass they miss the 4.5 - 5.5 million subs lost at £8.99 a month.