Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Beautiful night elf edits

These different edits make the new night elf model look 100 times better, imo.

By Aquessa:

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675250016

By Nynaeve:

Source: https://twitter.com/ShyNynaeve

By PGGR:

By Reinmann:

Last edited by Mermaid; 2014-06-04 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2shiny4me

/10
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    What is this? Headlight and Fog light addons for your Nelf? Can we also add a diesel engine?

Deleted
    In first picture I love the shape of the eyes, nose and mouth, it makes her looking more serious, but I think the eyeglow is too big.
    But in second picture - THE EYES <3 Looks so beautiful! Like Tyrande had in Warcraft 3 arts! Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    TAnother from Nynaeve:

Can't really say i like the flashlight eyes,but the lips look better.

The second picture looks like she just saw a comet bearing down on her position.

Deleted
    People want Night Elves with pupils? Or irises or whatever those are?

No thanks to pic #3 for me, although the second one is good (for the face shape, Night Elves don't have flashlights in their eyes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    In first picture I love the shape of the eyes, nose and mouth, it makes her looking more serious, but I think the eyeglow is too big.
    But in second picture - THE EYES <3 Looks so beautiful! Like Tyrande had in Warcraft 3 arts! Great job.
    You do know the third picture is literally the preview with added shapes in the middle of the eyes, right?

I think the point of the first work is lips and the shiny eyes is just a small edit. Default mouth is scary and weird and grinning and does not work with the girlish pigtails at all - there's nothing innocent or girly about that mouth. Man I hate that default mouth. Good job on the photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    These 2 different edits make the new night elf model look 100 times better, imo.

Here's one from Aquessa:
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675250016
    That must be the J.J. Abrams edition.

Deleted
    I would be happy with eyes like that:

-> maybe someone knows how to find this picture in better quality?
    These eyes look like stars. <3 I dont want to regular pupils, but the sort of shining white irises on silvery background.

They both look worse than the original, eyeballs on the second one are simple terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    I would be happy with eyes like that:

-> maybe someone knows how to find this picture in better quality?
    These eyes look like stars. <3 I dont want to regular pupils, but the sort of shining white irises on silvery background.
    So.. these?

Deleted
    Yes, I saw this and commented that already. I said that this is looking great.

I think with all the animations they are adding into the face, the races without pupils are going to have dead expressions. I really hope they consider pupils.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I want them to change is the lip[ texture. Change it to something more like what you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They should just replace eyes with flashlights. And add some sparkly dust since with these fangs Nelf female looks like something taken from twillight.

Deleted
    Looks like those Fog beasts in ToT.

Deleted
    Totally lack of pupils is looking great and super creepy in cases like:
    - someone is possessed or evil, then we don't know his true emotions

The black eyeballs are very alien-looking, and that's great

- the person is dead, so physically can't feel the emotions to show them

And death knight's eyes, I couldn't find good example.

So - it can look fine. I like also eyes of Ysera:

and Malfurion:

Baybe these eyes are smaller and more narrow, so there's not a "flashlight" effect. Anyway I'd like to see Malfurion (if on this art is he) with eyes more like:
    You can see there some like delicate irises brighter than the rest of the eye. Some light "sparkle" in the middle of eyeball. I think this is great. Still looking very different than human's eyes, but shows the emotions and feelings of the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They should just replace eyes with flashlights. And add some sparkly dust since with these fangs Nelf female looks like something taken from twillight.
    Male night elves have had fangs since Vanilla, and in-lore the females have, too (Tyrande and Azshara have them on their updated models).

On-topic, I get the feeling the night elves will look a lot different once the eye-glow is put into place. Hopefully this go-round it won't be a particle effect hovering right in front of their eyes that you can see from the side.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!