Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I love new players!

Maybe it's just me, but I love new players. There's something that makes me smile every time I have to explain where my Frostbrood Vanquisher comes from, and how they are amazed when I tell them how many 90's I have.

As long as these people are willing to learn, I don't mind helping them in any way I can.

What's your experience been with new players, do you mind them when they ask questions you consider common knowledge? Or do you prefer to ignore them as they can tend to pester?
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I love new players. There's something that makes me smile every time I have to explain where my Frostbrood Vanquisher comes from, and how they are amazed when I tell them how many 90's I have.

As long as these people are willing to learn, I don't mind helping them in any way I can.

What's your experience been with new players, do you mind them when they ask questions you consider common knowledge? Or do you prefer to ignore them as they can tend to pester?
    I love new players. I love getting them in low level instances, staying with them after everyone else has raged and left because it's moving to slow and helping them with the finer points. There's really not much else I find more entertaining than helping them along. I really, REALLY hope Blizz someday allows high level players to queue for low level dungeons with a mentoring system to allow new players the chance to learn in a fun, patient environment.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    So long as folks are polite I'm more than happy to help. Though (given Im my guilds MT) I find it difficult to make <random druid whispering me asking druid stuff> understand that I'm super sorry but I can't talk right now but will be happy to a little later at times. But yea, so long as people aren't rude I always try and make time for new players.

Deleted
    New players r n00bs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    New players r n00bs
    New players are newbies.

Old players that still can't do shit are noobs.

Agreed op. Especially when you have to explain something to them that everyone knows, then you realize they are a new player. Reminds me of when I was a noob and didn't know anything

Deleted
    Closest thing to new players i experienced was a couple of times in lfr someone /w me to ask for some info on dps numbers and how to stuff.

I love the fact that they take the effort to whisper an unknown player to ask for help and i gladly point them in the right direction if i'm able to.

what i don't like is players who are geared where you would think they have the knowledge and are just bad and ignore every point of advice given to them.
    And i don't inspect random people and start whispering them commenting on their gear so thats not the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    New players are newbies.

Old players that still can't do shit are noobs.
    New players r faggots

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-05-15 at 06:19 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    New players r n00bs
    So is anyone who uses that word lol.

Anyways, I enjoy helping new players learn the game and I am sure when someone takes the time to talk to them and help them out, they appriciate it instead of being confronted with verbal vomit and hate mongering becuse they where not eliet rank players upon install and subscription.

I just helped someone with blood DK tanking.
    Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside...

Deleted
    A new player that listens, is eager to learn and takes advice and applies it is the best kind of player in my eyes.

A new player that's an asshole is... well, an asshole.

That feeling when you are new to the game, and every max level character with some at least mildly-cool looking armor looks like a freaking hero. You know nothing, and every spell looks like a miracle.

I remember when I was new to the game. Once I got my first 60% mount at level 40 I went literally everywhere. Dark Portal, Blackrock Spire, Stratholme, Deadwind Pass. I have been dying constantly, but that was something to gaze upon those sites of previous WarCrafts.

While I still enjoy playing the game, those beginning days were so awesome. I don't want to break them for anybody, just because they don't know where is their class trainer.

I love chatting with new people. They're a refreshing break from the trade chat spammers and angryfolks who are all too common in WoW these days.

I like new players as long as they're willing to learn. Thankfully, most of them are.

Was leveling my hunter some time ago when i had a active subscription and i meet these 2 people that were actually lost, yes lost in the Barrens. Two blood elves that just wanted to explore around,they needed to go back to Orgrimmar and didn't know the way to a flight master.

Helped them both,yeah new players are nice most of them. I think we like it because in a way it reminds us of ourselves when we were exactly like them. When the biggest thing to do in WoW was to get to the next level and when you got excited of a green quest reward from Un'goro crater,not all about instanced content on max lvl

Yes. I feel absolutely the same. I've been playing WoW for 8 years and I just love meeting new players in-game and telling them interesting things about the game, giving them useful knowledge and so on. I hang around with them and keep helping them till they ( or me in some rare cases ) have to go. It's a pretty fun experience :P

Helping new players out is one of the most demonstrably beneficial aspects to the communal nature of this game.

It's like helping out at your local homeless shelter or adopting an abandoned animal. The feels you get from helping out afterwards are great.

Deleted
    it does give a certain feeling of powerfullness or importance, that they look up to us experienced players and make us feel accomplished. i do like it when i get some guys like that, its nice once in a while to teach people what to do without others thinking we are some good for nothing know it all :P

I love new players when they are actually new.

I frequently add new players to battletag while leveling alts through low level dungeons. The player who didnt realize that you shouldnt click ret and tank, its nice to talk to them.

its a different story when its a level 90 who didnt know you need to be prot to tank, and Im not talking about ret players who have the gear to stomp instances

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    how they are amazed when I tell them how many 90's I have.
    That's not awe, that's pity.